DaveX - Realistic & Stable 4231 plug&play (FM21.4 | ME 21.7.0)

53 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

You've done here what I did with FM20. By accident I created a 4-2-3-1 overachieving P&P tactic & it led to probably my favorite FM save in 15 years. It wasn't a super tactic, it wasn't meant to be, it was realistic & simple that could gain extra league positions based on the media prediction each season, sometimes as many as 15 places

I've tried it this year & created solid tactics without the over achieving bit   :D I love FM but really don't have the time anymore for a 20 season save, tinkering tactics every game & playing out every single match (I would 50/50 between playing & Instant Result) so having something like this is a God send to some people who aren't keen on using the crazy P&P setups.   

I tried this tactic for 10 years in FM Touch, ass man doing everything  at Man U. It ran very well, 5 league titles, a bunch of Caraboa's, couple of FA Cups & a Champs League title. Sort of had to end it there as I realised none of the youth candidates were being given contracts & the squad was very thin in most areas (cheers Mr Phelan!). So if you ran it properly & maintained the squad yourself you could have a lengthy career with it & enjoy yourself

Good one @DavyDepuydt1:applause:   

That's exactly how I think about it as well :)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevilla test (same rules as always: no freezing of attributes or fitness or morale, just holiday in full Fat FM, no opposition instructions used)

Predicted: 4th

Result: 2nd, most chances created, second best in goals against (only one goal difference with Real), only 4 games lost all season
Again very comfortably beating the predicted finish.

image.thumb.png.56c33acaa03e6c0136d42dd9ffaf8a17.png

3 hours ago, kridlein said:

Thank you for your excellent work! I'm looking forward to an upgraded version. Thanks to this tactic, I got into the first league right in the first season.

Thanks, glad it's working out for you.
On the other hand, I don't believe I will go for or work on an "upgraded version".

The version I have now ticks all the boxes I want, and like I said, this doesn't need to turn into a supertactic (with all the negatives that come with it)... for me at least, the tactic is fine as it is and won't change anymore.

59 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Thanks, glad it's working out for you.
On the other hand, I don't believe I will go for or work on an "upgraded version".

The version I have now ticks all the boxes I want, and like I said, this doesn't need to turn into a supertactic (with all the negatives that come with it)... for me at least, the tactic is fine as it is and won't change anymore.

I absolutely agree with you. This tactic is good as it is. There is no super tactic. No team wins every game. Thank you again for this great work!

20 minutes ago, jjacopo said:

look around at other tactics tested, you'll see underdog teams winning the title right away

this is not a critic, i'm just saying 

You are right about that.

But this tactic ain't about that as I've said a few times, and you've probably already seen.

Its not for winning titles with underdogs, it's for those who want to beat their team expectations easily, but still have realism... realism in results, in goals, in ratings, in formation, in roles, in number of yellow cards, ...

You'll still do well, you won't fail and overperform, but not at the level of some other tactics... because that comes at a cost of realism (in more than just results like I said above)

AA Gent Test

Predicted: 7th (media) or 5th (season preview)

Result: 2nd, both second in the league, and second after the championship playoffs, but with EQUAL POINTS of the champion.

the fact that we improved on our points we were behind in the playoffs mean we did very well against the other top teams in the playoffs.

Second in goals against after normal competition, best after the playoffs. 18 clean sheets, second in the league, most goals scored

image.thumb.png.f90d0b5e907496a21186734db8626ab4.png

image.png.8e66dd35e145428aff0375793e8a852f.png

image.png.76f8062bc32a1ff8cbd89a09c0b8548a.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

3 hours ago, jjacopo said:

look around at other tactics tested, you'll see underdog teams winning the title right away

this is not a critic, i'm just saying 

@jjacopoThis guy is just showing the forum what a great tactic HE has created and is finding it to be (and by the looks of it he is not on his own).... This is the 2nd comment you have put on here, and neither constructive in any way shape or form.

Why the negativity?

This is looking good @DavyDepuydt1, I have been keeping my eye on this thread, I am tempted to try it at the end of my current season after my tried and tested tactic has started to falter with the new ME update.

Keep up with the updates on tactic testing 👍

Man Utd test (this time in FMT instead of full fat, but all same rules apply, normal holiday, NO freezing of attributes/morale/fitness, no opp instructions, results from 1st attempt)

Result: Champions :-) nothing more to say, beating expected finish easily again and a nice clean sheet record on the side as well :)

image.thumb.png.18d6b489c7168c5765ccc019022702f7.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

Man United FM touch test Season 2 - all transfers done by DoF

This is the second season, first season in post above, holiday in FMT, DoF in control of all contract and transfers

Won the league and the champions league!

image.thumb.png.505d0d5eb58e9a7653f684c70c5e3520.png

image.thumb.png.de54d5257dd7855ebeff1327244467dd.png

Leeds Test

Predicted: 10th
Result: 12th 

Started really well with 6 wins in my first 7 games, followed later by a run of 13 games without a win. 
For most of the season I was in an around the middle pack, had I been able to put a few wins together I might have made it into the Europa League spots.

We ended the season with the 7th most goals scored in the league with 55, unfortunately our defence was abysmal, conceding 68, the 3rd most in the division. 

We were knocked out away to Everton in the FA Cup 5th Round having beaten Brighton and Coventry.
In the League Cup we went out to Fulham in the 3rd Round having beaten Doncaster in the 2nd, although it has to be said I played a league game 2 days before the Fulham game, so I did rest a lot of my players.

Rodrigo finished as the 3rd highest scorer in the league and scored 21 in 31(4) in all competitions, Pablo Hernandez managed 14 assists in 32(9) from CAM. 

Both my usual fullbacks (Ayling and Alioski) had poor seasons, it has to be said I lacked a defensively solid midfielder all season as Kalvin Philips managed to pick up a major injury after 9 games (which may be why I went from winning 6 of my first 7 to having a pretty average season). 
This might have made a difference as with 2 supporting CM roles and 2 Wing Backs, it's probably vital to have a good, solid midfielder in the side.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to over perform as the other testers did, but with the injuries I had (which were horrific all season to be fair) I wasn't able to get any consistency in my results, beating Chelsea one week to getting pumped by 19th place Sheff Utd the next. 

I may persist with this tactic and try it out with some other sides, I feel like 10th place for a newly promoted side is an unrealistic prediction anyways, although Leeds always seem to do really well in my saves under Bielsa. 

i think this is not so realistic. beacause there two BPD and there is no defensive midfielder. opponents easily score from long ball. i tweaked one of BPD to CD and CM to Ddefender CM.  and i dont use shorter passing. it seems better like that.

11 minutes ago, krript said:

i think this is not so realistic. beacause there two BPD and there is no defensive midfielder. opponents easily score from long ball. i tweaked one of BPD to CD and CM to Ddefender CM.  and i dont use shorter passing. it seems better like that.

Feel free to adapt the tactic to your liking :-)

Looking good, Going to start a save with Norwich as it looks like it will suit Cantwell, Beundia and Pukki really well. Because of the simplicity of the roles and instructions could be great in a lower league save. Can you do a test with Cambridge Utd?

22 hours ago, dazp1919 said:

Looking good, Going to start a save with Norwich as it looks like it will suit Cantwell, Beundia and Pukki really well. Because of the simplicity of the roles and instructions could be great in a lower league save. Can you do a test with Cambridge Utd?

Will do a testrun tomorrow morning

So I tried this in my struggling Southport (predicted to finish around 12th) save - couldn't get my own tactic to work so decided to try this one.

As you can see the results were ok - managed to secure play offs however was knocked out in the semis.

Bearing in mind this was basically implemented with low morale and no inbedding of the tactic, I feel like this has done well.

Going to try this with 2 months of pre season friendlies under the belt as in Vanarama North seems to take ages to start

image.png.7675a126596f19c896f9a2ec4f04cecc.png

Edited by jmb1403

Just dropping a small screen from my personal career, 2026 season, after I brought Anderlecht to the first title in years, they are back in europa after a long absence. the 2025 season chamionsleague finalists, Bayern Munchen came visiting... a nice win for us :) 

Again, love the stats, no goals galore, we won the game without totally dominating it, so makes it feel more believable to win this game with Anderlecht :) 

And as you won't win every time and all european games with an underdog with this tacitc, it doesn't give me a feeling I won this game because of an exploit tactic but actually makes me enjoy the victory :)

image.png.e12566744e9b183b55b390c86bd1f621.png

31 minutes ago, ilyes92300 said:

Hello, I don't know how you manage to have very good results .. But I'm with Chelsea and in terms of shooting it's not good .. My team is struggling to play and to make precise passes ..

How many matches have you tried? Are u sure that your AM is not setting any opposition instructions?

32 minutes ago, ilyes92300 said:

Yes it is not checked .. I have played more than 10 games ..

Did you start using it at the start of the season? otherwise you'll need to built tactic familiarity while other teams already have some. If you had some bad results before using this tactic and switched halfway through the season, maybe morale was bad already? I'll to a quick test tomorrow with Chelsea, but I see no reason why it should not work with Chelsea

Hello there, i will try the tactic with Bordeaux to see if i can over achieve. One question : if i want to use left footed players on the wings, i just put the IW on the right, and the winger on the left, or do i have to switch the MC and DLP? `Thanks in advance for the reply.

Hello there, can you make a tactic for these missions around your tactical principles? Sorry for my insufficient english.

SK

CWB - A (Right)

NCB - D

BPD - D

CWB - S (Left)

DM - D

BBM (MCR)

AP - A

IF - S

IF - A

DLF - S (The original one is DLF - S but does not work well, so could be a AF) 

Why did I write these tasks? Because Guardiola missions inside the game.

10 hours ago, tommickTT said:

Hello there, i will try the tactic with Bordeaux to see if i can over achieve. One question : if i want to use left footed players on the wings, i just put the IW on the right, and the winger on the left, or do i have to switch the MC and DLP? `Thanks in advance for the reply.

You can switch to inverted player on the right and Winger on the left, but than I would do as you suggested switching the CM and DLP as well. (however that is not 100% needed, but is something I do advise)

4 hours ago, calimero80 said:

Hello there, can you make a tactic for these missions around your tactical principles? Sorry for my insufficient english.

SK

CWB - A (Right)

NCB - D

BPD - D

CWB - S (Left)

DM - D

BBM (MCR)

AP - A

IF - S

IF - A

DLF - S (The original one is DLF - S but does not work well, so could be a AF) 

Why did I write these tasks? Because Guardiola missions inside the game.

Hi sorry, you will be better of asking these tactical questions you have and describe the problems you have in the tactics forum.

This is just a thread where I share my tactic, which I have found to be a perfect mix of plug&play and realism. This is not the place for requests like this.

14 hours ago, gooders11 said:

I love this tactic. It massively overperormed in my West Ham save. I won the league but weirdly Liverpool absolutely capitulated. 

20210320_192537.jpg

Morning Gooders pal...I saw on discord that you believe it's a really effective away tactic...you using it home and away or just away? Cheers pal

On 20/03/2021 at 11:07, dazp1919 said:

After a difficult start (we lost quite a bit of our first matches) things really kicked off and a nice 2nd place as result.

Cambridge Test

Predicted: 17th media prediction / 11th season preview
result: 2nd

Beautiful clean sheet record, top goal scorer is also from our team

image.thumb.png.0e528f2edb9ccb15095beba25ef12a2b.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

@ilyes92300 and others, my cambridge test shows that 10 games is actually a too small test sample. (certainly when the tactical familiarity still has to kick in)

Here is my latest cambridge united test, if you would see the results at the start of the season, one would think "this tactic ain't working", but if you look at the entire season, it was really fantastic

image.thumb.png.fd903c3b159c2ec15f76c6ae54376336.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

1 hour ago, ruudvanwarren said:

Morning Gooders pal...I saw on discord that you believe it's a really effective away tactic...you using it home and away or just away? Cheers pal

Hi, i use it home and away. Only thing that i change is easy games at home change to attacking. For me this has been the best tactic this year.

9 minutes ago, gooders11 said:

Hi, i use it home and away. Only thing that i change is easy games at home change to attacking. For me this has been the best tactic this year.

I actually only struggle away you know, at home it is brilliant, do you ever change to cautious?

21 minutes ago, jmb1403 said:

I actually only struggle away you know, at home it is brilliant, do you ever change to cautious?

Actually keep in mind that you will lose games, it's not meant as a win-all, and realistically, the chance is most that it's away games that you will struggle most in.

But I still expect that with this tactic, your away record should still be better than what would be "normal" for that team.

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

@ilyes92300 I was curious because you said you struggled with Chelsea, so I've done a test season (no freezing, holiday in FM full fat, one try, no opp instructions) but I was very succesful as you see below.
Check also my tag on you in the cambridge test post... 10 games is a really small sample size and that test showed that even with bad start or bad run of games, it doesn't mean the tactic is not working and in the end can bring you a lot of succes

Chelsea test

Predicted: 4th

Result: 

• 2nd in league
  • won champions league
  • got to the FA cup final
  • won carabao cup

image.thumb.png.490ab5d0384ec8a6e1267711404ecf98.png
We were 4th in clean sheets (17)

image.thumb.png.78dc1b9a3b9b6477b6567a501ef5ee1f.png

image.thumb.png.bc2d6260bb85febd8bf8fdd7af4eb19a.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

1 hour ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Actually keep in mind that you will lose games, it's not meant as a win-all, and realistically, the chance is most that it's away games that you will struggle most in.

But I still expect that with this tactic, your away record should still be better than what would be "normal" for that team.

Yeah I know what you mean

Predicted to finish around 5th :)

2021-03-22 11_40_43-Window.jpg

Edited by jmb1403

Ajax test

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

We were struggling a bit at the start, and I missed some players for the correct roles, maybe I had to mirror the tactic for Ajax, but well, I let it run anyway.
But even with all this, we still managed to win the title and live up to our predicted finish, so the tactic didn't let me down

image.thumb.png.44d4cb35ec8165199b145ecb5bf46e65.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

6 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Ajax test

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

We were struggling a bit at the start, and I missed some players for the correct roles, maybe I had to mirror the tactic for Ajax, but well, I let it run anyway.
But even with all this, we still managed to win the title and live up to our predicted finish, so the tactic didn't let me down

image.thumb.png.44d4cb35ec8165199b145ecb5bf46e65.png

image.png.d9985a00a4efb59db44a24bf0711acec.png

If you switch tactics that late in the season, when all other teams are completely familiar with theirs... and you drag morale / whatever else that happened before with you... you can get a streak like that.

That really doesn't say much about the tacic, certainly if you immidiatly play two champions league knockout games and have such a busy schedule to kickoff with (Premier league, FA cup, CL).

With a "ugly wondertactic" you might get away with this, but not with this tactic... (and it's not meant for that ;) )