Question about advanced rules - Is it possible to change competition stadium rules?

Monkem

I play football manager 2020 with a German team. In European/continental competition the rule is that standing areas (terraces) need to be safe and somehow for German teams in FM these terraces are considered not safe enough or something. This results in a way lower turnout in these continental games. Which kinda ruins the experience in my opinion. In Bundesliga games I get 34k attendance, in games against Barcelona I get 25k...

In real life this is different, look at Dortmund and Bayern home games in the Champions League. I do not have the in game editor, but I may consider buying it if it's possible to alter these competition stadium rules. Because in the Bundesliga itself it is not a problem.

So, is this possible? Thanks in advance!

You can edit this in the pregame editor, by setting the Champions League stadium requirements to allow terracing. No idea if it can be done with the in-game editor but I doubt it. 

However, the game is accurate in this regard. Bayern and Dortmund have 'rail seats' which means their standing areas can be converted to all seaters for European competitions, which don't allow terracing. Your stadium may have conventional terracing which cannot convert, so those stands are simply closed for European matches. Any stadium upgrades in FM, as far as I'm aware, are always all-seater, so perhaps request a stadium expansion or new stadium. 

1 hour ago, L55DS said:

You can edit this in the pregame editor, by setting the Champions League stadium requirements to allow terracing. No idea if it can be done with the in-game editor but I doubt it. 

However, the game is accurate in this regard. Bayern and Dortmund have 'rail seats' which means their standing areas can be converted to all seaters for European competitions, which don't allow terracing. Your stadium may have conventional terracing which cannot convert, so those stands are simply closed for European matches. Any stadium upgrades in FM, as far as I'm aware, are always all-seater, so perhaps request a stadium expansion or new stadium. 

Thanks for your reply! Sadly my board does not want a stadium upgrade :( I never heard of the pre-game editor. Will definetly try it out, thanks! I hope it works also with a current save.

4 hours ago, Monkem said:

Thanks for your reply! Sadly my board does not want a stadium upgrade :( I never heard of the pre-game editor. Will definetly try it out, thanks! I hope it works also with a current save.

Sorry to shut your hopes down but it won't work with a current save :// As the name suggest, it only works pre-game meaning changes made in the pre-game editor can only have an impact on saves started afterwards

15 minutes ago, Dawst said:

Sorry to shut your hopes down but it won't work with a current save :// As the name suggest, it only works pre-game meaning changes made in the pre-game editor can only have an impact on saves started afterwards

Sad life. Thanks for letting know! Will look at it if I start a new save then!