Players confused by unusual formation

Anh

I understand is just a game but I need to give my 2 cents here because well , it's destined for me to lose the game. I took Bayern Munich to Champion League final and face Juventus.  It was the same line up and same formation I had all year.  Well, I lost the game , conceded 2 goals and didn't score a goals. My two strikers Muller and Lewandowski have a combined 70 goals before the final, they were denied 3 goals by VAR. And top all of that, I lost because Players Confused By Unusual Formation.  Really, same Players, same formation all year and they got confused just this game. Is kill time game but realistic, far from reality.  I'm sure 2022 game will look same with some minor tweaks, mark my word

2 hours ago, Anh said:

I understand is just a game but I need to give my 2 cents here because well , it's destined for me to lose the game. I took Bayern Munich to Champion League final and face Juventus.  It was the same line up and same formation I had all year.  Well, I lost the game , conceded 2 goals and didn't score a goals. My two strikers Muller and Lewandowski have a combined 70 goals before the final, they were denied 3 goals by VAR. And top all of that, I lost because Players Confused By Unusual Formation.  Really, same Players, same formation all year and they got confused just this game. Is kill time game but realistic, far from reality.  I'm sure 2022 game will look same with some minor tweaks, mark my word

Did you switch to some ultra attacking formation near the end with one centre back and four strikers? If so, that message is a reference to that, not necessarily how you started the game.

20 hours ago, Anh said:

Nope. My formation was always the same. 2 DEFs one DM 2 WBs 2 MIDF 3 Strikers 2-3-2-3

That may be seen as an unusual formation by the match engine.

Someone at SI can probably comment.

Edited by passenger58
typo

• SI Staff

If you can give me the save game then I can double check - but my 'guess' is that your formation is VERY non-standard but also very successful ...

If you do very badly during a match then the game tries to work out 'why' that might be and gives advice which is intended to help you.

It sounds like your formation is potentially very attack minded and that your team is good enough to pull it off most of the time, however this once you ended up getting sucker punched in the face a lot.

(my best is that the other team counter attacked quickly and your lack of defense left you somewhat naked - leading to a loss?)

PS - Were any of your players low on morale/unsettled for the match, if so especially in defensive positions that can cause a nightmare with really aggressive formations ... I play a 4-2-1-2-1 formation which while not quite as aggressive as yours uses wingbacks and if one of my DC's is unsettled and not amazingly professional it has a tendency to collapse into a mess at times ..

• 2 weeks later...

Let just stop all the bull here. You guys can live off your fantasy land. I'm sure is not the game 🙄 "sarcasm" .  I'm very sure you guys are professional who created the game, but wait, you guys are not. Just a bunch of narrow mind who living in a fantasy 

On 18/04/2021 at 13:00, Anh said:

Let just stop all the bull here. You guys can live off your fantasy land. I'm sure is not the game 🙄 "sarcasm" .  I'm very sure you guys are professional who created the game, but wait, you guys are not. Just a bunch of narrow mind who living in a fantasy 

*Feels he has been treated unfairly*