[FM21] A Scotsman lost in Europe

danielclouston1

European Journeyman Save - A Scotsman lost in Europe

I am going to have another bash at documenting a save. I am going on a journeyman tour of Europe with my manager starting with no experience or coaching badges and unemployed. I have loaded all the leagues in Europe and Mexico, Brazil and Argentina although I won´t manage in the latter 3, they are solely for international and scouting purposes. So without further ado lets meet our man of the moment:

Here is Daniel Clouston, 28 years old and a normal guy who has been stuck in a boring 9-5 desk job for the last 7 years when he decides he´s going to pack a suitcase and venture out for some excitement in the footballing world. His dreams are to see his name top the managerial board with some prestigious trophies under his belt but, with no experience and no qualifications, he has a long way to go before that dream is anywhere close to a reality. Armed only with his suitcase and his ability to speak both English and German will our guy make it to the top?

image.thumb.png.b7dbdece3c2cf20b7bf2d4ad9dc16d7d.png

I´m leaning towards a couple of updates per season at the beginning, mid way point and end of season but I will also post an update at any time I move jobs.

October 2020

We have a job! I will take charge of Spennymoor Town FC in the English Vanarama National League North! They have given me a contract to the end of this season so I have 8 months to prove my worth at this level.

image.png.6ed6caa992b14ebb48941036c1af062a.png

Competition Expectations

The board are looking for a fairly successful season from us. In the league we are expected to reach playoffs as a minimum and after a start of 3 wins from 3, prior to me taking over, it looks like I have a solid foundation to build on. As for the cups we are expected to make the first round proper of the FA cup and the second round of the FA trophy.

image.thumb.png.2005d128b756e08e571584cdfbe76443.png

Squad

The squad looks fairly decent however I feel it´s too small. First stop will be to look for some free transfers to bolster our ranks.

image.thumb.png.ee53f9990ada3177ec3af18f40a93f85.png

Tactics

This is what we will be playing with for the majority of the season. We will tweak it as and when required but I feel good with this.

image.thumb.png.b697bb017a314d68c6a6ace4eaae57ac.png