Sub didnt came on the field

ThomasHK1979

• Administrators

How exactly did you do the substitution? Was it say via the tactics screen, or did you do it via the quick tactics within the match? Please provide as much information as you can.

Thanks. 

I don't know if I can reproduce this at the moment but I have run into this before. Perhaps related, I think there's some still unfixed bug involving undos while making substitutions. You can end up in a scenario where the game thinks more substitutions have been made than actually happened, and you run out of available subs early. For my side, it's happened while staying within tactics screen --  although the reason I do that now is that I thought there was also some sort of bug where the two different substitution mechanics didn't mix well together.

I've just encountered similar problem I went to make a sub but chose wrong player so I undid it and chose the right player went back to the game and I have 10 players on the field it now shows I have made 2 subs on the field and 3 being substituted off it the original player I subbed and the one I did after I pressed "Undo", no injuries no red card. Obviously a problem with the undo button as I've only used Undo once in this game. 

Happens to me. Three times in 3 seasons i believe. Think it jerks when you make a sub in main tactics screen, and maybe a highlight is generated or ends. It seems to think you have made the sub when you haven't. Therefore you still have 11 on the pitch, but the guy you subbed hasn't been replaced, but the system seems to think you have and it counts as one of your 3 subs. I will save it next time it happens

One more thing to add, in case it helps: while the new quick substitution within the match is an FM21 feature, the other bug involving available subs running out too early has happened in at least FM20, maybe before.

And @dudek1makes a keen observation. Since undo doesn't break substitutions in game all the time, it probably does have something to do with timing, and therefore interaction with highlights or something like that.

Edited by lamp