Three Lions on his Shirt, Will Wilson be Gleaming. Too many years of hurt

mark wilson27

August 2020:

August 1st:

After Gareth Southgate stepped down as England manager the English FA could only come to one man and that man is me Mark Wilson. The Special One I am not but I'm cheap and with an extensive knowledge of the game mainly Football Manager who else would they want.

England are currently ranked 5th in the World. The highest World Ranking we have been is 3rd and the lowest is 27th.

August 28th:

I didn't have long to wait before I was having to decide on my first squad with two European Nations League games against Iceland (World Ranking 41st) and Denmark (16). Both games will be played at Wembley.

The Squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Jordan Pickford (Club: Everton, Caps 24), Nick Pope (Burnley, 2), Dean Henderson (Man Utd, 0)

Defenders:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Man Utd, 0), Michael Keane (Everton, 10), Harry Maguire (Man Utd, 26) John Stones (Man City, 39), Joe Gomez (Liverpool, 8), Kyle Walker (Man City, 48), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool, 9), Eric Dier (Tottenham, 40)

Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool, 55), Ross Barkley (Aston Villa, 33), Mason Mount (Chelsea, 6), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa, 0), Jordan Sancho (Borrusia Dortmund, 11), Phil Foden (Man City, 0), Raheem Sterling (Man City, 56), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd, 38), Dele Ali (Tottenham, 37)

Attackers:

Harry Kane (Tottenham, 45), Danny Ings (Southampton, 1), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton, 0)

September 4th:

I have decided that Harry Kane will be my Captain with Harry Maguire as his Vice Captain

September 5th:

Iceland (Wembley, London) European Nations League Grp 2 (1/6)

A great start for my side as on the 8th minute D.Calvert-Lewin ran through the Icelandic defence and fired under the keeper. Two minutes layer we were two goals up as H.Maguire headed in a J.Sancho corner after H.Kane's initial effort was well saved. We were in complete control and on the 26th minute it was three nil as H.Kane ran through the defence onto a J.Henderson through-ball and rounded the keeper to slot into the empty net. With six minutes remaining in the half it was four nil as D.Calvert-Lewin rose above the defence to head home a R.Sterling free-kick after D.Ali was brought down.

The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate and on the hour mark we had another chance to score with H.Kane missing from close range when it was easier to score. On the 75th minute R.Barkley curled a great ball into the area but M.Rashford failed to connect with the header properly. On the stroke of full time we had yet another chance with a long range effort from J.Grealish which stung the fingers of the keeper. In truth we should have scored a lot more than the four we did.

England 4-0 Iceland D.Calvert-Lewin 8, 39, H.Maguire 10, H.Kane 26

J.Pickford, K.Walker (E.Dier), H.Maguire, J.Gomez, T.Alexander-Arnold, J.Sancho (R.Barkley), J.Henderson (M.Mount), D.Ali (J.Grealish), R.Sterling, H.Kane, D.Calvert-Lewin (M.Rashford)

Other Grp 2 Result: Denmark 1-4 Belgium

September 9th:

Denmark (Wembley, London) European Nations League Grp 2 (2/6)

A good start saw us coming close to scoring on the 8th minute as D.Ings ran onto a J.Sancho through-ball but his final effort went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance as R.Barkley crossed into the area but D.Ings again missed the header and the ball went out for a throw in. On the 23rd minute we finally broke the deadlock as H.Kane ran into the area unmarked and slotted home a low cross by J.Sancho. However we let ourselves down as just after the half hour Denmark equalised with their first effort as C.Eriksen jinked into the area and fired under D.Henderson. Just before the break we had yet another chance as J.Sancho tried his luck from outside the area but the Danish keeper saved well to deny him.

The second half was twelve minutes old when Denmark took the lead as K.Dalberg beat H.Maguire to a loose ball and fired with pace past the outstretched arms of D.Henderson. We reacted well though as on the 63rd minute we grabbed the equaliser as J.Sancho fired in from ten yards to give him the goal his performance deserved. Ten minutes later we had another chance as D.Ings rattled the crossbar from six yards after half volleying a D.Ali cross. With ten minutes remaining in the game we had yet another chance to score with M.Rashford jinking through the defence but yet again our finishing let us down with a shot that went wide of the post

England 2-2 Denmark H.Kane 23, J.Sancho 63 / C.Eriksen 32, K.Dalberg 57

D.Henderson, A.Wan-Bissaka, H.Maguire, J.Gomez, T.Alexander-Arnold, J.Sancho, J.Henderson (D.Ali), R.Barkley, R.Sterling (J.Grealish), H.Kane (M.Rashford), D.Ings

Other Grp 2 Result: Belgium 3-0 Iceland

After the opening two games we sit in 2nd place on 4pts a couple of points behind Belgium after they won the opening two games

October 2nd:

Its now time for me to choose the squad for the two games against Belgium (1) and Iceland (42) in the European Nations League. Both of the games will be played away from home

The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Dean Henderson

Defenders:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Joe Gomez, Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Eric Dier

Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson, Ross Barkley, Mason Mount, Jack Grealish, Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden, Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Dele Ali

Attackers:

Harry Kane, Rhian Brewster, Che Adams

October 6th:

The physio has informed me that John Stones has picked up an injury and will be replaced by Jamaal Lascelles, he is a 26yr old central defender from Newcastle. He has two under 21 caps

4 hours ago, mark wilson27 said:

October 2nd:

Its now time for me to choose the squad for the two games against Belgium (1) and Iceland (42) in the European Nations League. Both of the games will be played away from home

The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Dean Henderson

Defenders:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Joe Gomez, Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Eric Dier

Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson, Ross Barkley, Mason Mount, Jack Grealish, Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden, Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Dele Ali

Attackers:

Harry Kane, Rhian Brewster, Che Adams

October 6th:

The physio has informed me that John Stones has picked up an injury and will be replaced by Jamaal Lascelles, he is a 26yr old central defender from Newcastle. He has two under 21 caps

interesting strikers choice! 

Mandy - I tend to choose players on form rather than reputation. R.Brewster and D.Ings have been scoring for fun for their respective clubs

October 11th:

Belgium (King Baudouin Stadium) European Nations League Grp 2 (3/6)

Belgium controlled the start of the game and on the 15th minute E.Hazard jinked through the defence and fired under N.Pope. Six minutes later Belgium had another attack but N.Pope saved the day with a great save. On the 34th minute Belgium had another chance as they beat the offside trap but N.Pope again blocked the effort. Just before the break we had our first chance as J.Henderson crossed into the area but R.Brewster headed wide of the post.

The second half wasn't much better as Belgium controlled the play and on the 57th minute they added a second goal with J.Vertonghen heading in from a corner after J.Gomez failed to deal with the ball. Three minutes later though we pulled a goal back as M.Rashford ran onto a J.Grealish through-ball and fired under the Belgium keeper. However this was about as good as it got for my side as Belgium continued to pile on the pressure and on the 73rd minute N.Pope again saved the day with a brilliant save from a long range effort. With two minutes remaining in Belgium had one last chance as R.Lukaku fired wide from the penalty spot after H.Maguire fouled in the area

Belgium 2-1 England E.Hazard 15, J.Vertonghen 57 / M.Rashford 60

N.Pope, A. Wan-Bissaka (T.Alexander-Arnold), H.Maguire, M.Keane (J.Gomez), K.Walker (M.Mount), J.Sancho (M.Rashford), J.Henderson, D.Ali, J.Grealish, H.Kane, R.Brewster (R.Sterling)

Other Grp 2 Result: Iceland 0-2 Denmark

The result leaves us 2nd in the group 5pts behind top of the table Belgium

October 13th:

Iceland (Laugardalsvollur, Reykjavik) European Nations League Grp 2 (4/6)

After the previous loss I told the players to get out their and actually play. They seemed to listen as on the 10th minute C.Adams ran through the Icelandic defence and fired with pace under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a long range effort from J.Henderson which stung the keepers fingers. We were all over them and on the 33rd minute we grabbed a second goal with H.Kane playing a one two with C.Adams to fire past the keeper. However we let ourselves down as five minutes later we conceded a stupid goal as A.Gunnarsson beat the offside trap to fire past N.Pope.

The second half was five minutes old as we added our third goal as C.Adams headed in a J.Sancho cross. We were in controlling the game and on the 62nd minute we were awarded a penalty after R.Sterling's effort was handled, C.Adams wasted no time in firing his penalty past the keeper. Iceland had no answer for us and completely shut up shop but on the stroke of full time we added a fifth goal with D.Ali doing the honours from close range after running through the defence with real ease.

Iceland 1-5 England A.Gunnarsson 38 / C.Adams 10, 50, 62 pen, H.Kane 33, D.Ali 90+1

N.Pope, A.Wan-Bissaka (T.Alexander-Arnold), H.Maguire, M.Keane (D.Ali), K.Walker (E.Dier), J.Sancho, J.Henderson, P.Foden, R.Sterling, H.Kane (M.Rashford), C.Adams (J.Gomez)

Other Grp 2 Result: Belgium 1-0 Denmark

November 6th:

Its now time for me to choose the squad for the Euro Nations League double header against Belgium (1) and Denmark (16). The match against Belgium is at home and the Danish game is away.

Goalkeepers:

Jordan Pickford (25), Dean Henderson (1), Aaron Ramsdale (0)

Defenders:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka (3), Micheal Keane (12,1 goal), Harry Maguire (30,2), Jamaal Lascelles (0), Joe Gomez (12), Kyle Walker (51), Trent Alexander-Arnold (13,1), Eric Dier (42,3)

Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson (59), Ross Barkley (35,6), Mason Mount (8,1), Jack Grealish (3), Jadon Sancho (15,3), Phil Foden (1), Raheem Sterling (60,12), Marcus Rashford (42,11), Dele Ali (41,4)

Attackers:

Harry Kane (49,35), Rhian Brewster (1), Che Adams (1,3)

November 15th:

Belgium (Wembley, London) European Nations League Grp 2 (5/6)

We made a good start as on the 5th minute we went into the lead as H.Kane fired in from close range after running onto a J.Henderson through-ball. However after the goal we relaxed far too much and Belgium started to control the game and on the 26th minute R.Lukaku barged through my defence with far too much ease and fired under D.Henderson. Seven minutes later though we retook the lead as R.Sterling curled the ball in from the corner of the area. With five minutes remaining in the half Belgium equalised as T.Hazard hit a thunderous free-kick from twenty yards after J.Lascelles brought down a Belgian player on the way to goal.

The second half was a close affair with the majority of play being in the middle third of the pitch. On the hour mark we had the first chance of the half with M.Rashford rattling the crossbar from twelve yards after running through the defence with ease. The next chance of the half was on the 83rd minute as J.Grealish crossed into the area and H.Kane grabbed the winner with a fine header

England 3-2 Belgium H.Kane 5, 83, R.Sterling 33 / R.Lukaku 26, T.Hazard 40

D.Henderson, J.Pickford (E.Dier), J.Lascelles (K.Walker), H.Maguire, J.Gomez, T.Alexander-Arnold (J.Grealish), J.Henderson, M.Mount (R.Barkley), R.Sterling, H.Kane, C.Adams (M.Rashford)

Yes I know I made a schoolboy error of picking J.Pickford as an outfield player. My bad

Other Grp 2 Result: Denmark 3-2 Iceland

November 18th:

Denmark (Parken, Copenhagen) European Nations League Grp 2 (6/6)

Denmark were by far the better side as they piled on the pressure from the start. On the 19th minute they had the first chance with a curling effort which D.Henderson saved well. Ten minutes later he was called upon again with a low save from a powerful strike. On the 39th minute H.Maguire saved the day with a brilliantly timed challenge inside the area.

The second half wasn't much better as we were outplayed from the start and on the hour mark D.Henderson saved from the penalty spot after K.Walker handled a long range effort. On the 77th minute we finally had our first real effort as J.Grealish crossed into the area but M.Rashford failed to connect with the header properly and the ball went high and wide. Denmark had one last chance on the 88th minute but yet again D.Henderson saved well to deny them from close range. A pathetic performance from ten of my players

Denmark 0-0 England

D.Henderson, J.Pickford (K.Walker), J.Lascelles, H.Maguire, J.Gomez, T.Alexander-Arnold (E.Dier), J.Henderson (R.Barkley), M.Mount (J.Grealish), R.Sterling, H.Kane, C.Adams (M.Rashford)

Other Grp 2 Result: Iceland 0-2 Belgium

The results haven't been good enough and it means that we have been knocked out of the European Nations League competition after finishing 2nd in the group.

December 2nd:

The draw for the European Football Championship Group Stage has taken place and we have been seeded third.

The seeding pots are as follows:

1st Seeds: Bulgaria, Kosovo, Poland, Sweden, Ukraine, Wales

2nd Seeds: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Portugal

3rd Seeds: Austria, England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain

4th Seeds: Belgium, France, Russia, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey

The draw ended like this:

Group A: Finland, Italy, Switzerland, Wales

Group B: Croatia, Denmark, Kosovo, Russia

Group C: Austria, Belgium, Holland, Sweden

Group D: England, Poland, Portugal, Scotland

Group E: Czech Republic, France, Spain, Ukraine

Group F: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Germany, Turkey

December 14th:

Another draw this time as we have been seeded 1st in the European Group stage of the World Cup qualifying.

The groups are as follows:

Group 1: Andorra, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Liechtenstein, Sweden

Group 2: Georgia, Germany, Latvia, N.Ireland, San Marino, Serbia

Group 3: Albania, Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Italy, Moldova, Ukraine

Group 4: Denmark, England, Gibraltar, Hungary, Kosovo, Romania

Group 5: Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Estonia, Malta, North Macedonia, Spain

Group 6: Belgium, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Lithuania

Group 7: Armenia, Israel, Norway, Portugal, Turkey

Group 8: Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovenia, Switzerland

Group 9: Cyprus, Holland, Kazakhstan, Scotland, Wales

Group 10: Faroe Islands, France, Montenegro, Russia, Slovakia

• 2 weeks later...

2021:

March 14th:

It was now time for me to pick the squad for the trio of World Cup Qualifying games against Gibraltar (h), Romania (a) and Denmark (h).

The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Ben Foster (8), Fraser Forster (6), Jordan Pickford (27)

Defenders:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka (3), Reece James (0), Jamaal Lascelles (2), Rob Holding (0), Chris Smalling (31,1), Kyle Walker (53), Kieran Trippier (19,1), Trent Alexander-Arnold (19,1), Eric Dier (44,3)

Midfielders:

Declan Rice (7), James Ward-Prowse (2), Mason Mount (10,1), James Maddison (1), Jadon Sancho (15,3), Raheem Sterling (62,13), Harvey Barnes (0), Marcus Rashford (44,11), Dele Ali (41,4)

Attackers:

Harry Kane (51,37), Danny Ings (2)

March 17th:

I have been informed that James Ward-Prowse will miss the next three games after picking up a double hernia. I have picked up Jordan Henderson as a replacement

March 24th:

Gibraltar (h) World Cup Qualifying Grp 4 (1/10)

The perfect start saw us taking the lead within a minute as J.Sancho hit a thunderous effort from outside the area to beat the keeper into the top corner. We didn't have to wait too long till the next goal as on the 15th minute H.Kane ran onto a J.Sancho through-ball to fire in under the keeper. Seven minutes later we made it three nil with J.Sancho heading in from a H.Barnes cross to beat the keepers outstretched arms. We carried on the forward pressure throughout the first half but failed to finish any of our attacks.

The second half was three minutes old when we added a fourth goal with M.Rashford doing the honours from close range. On the 56th minute we grabbed yet another goal with M.Rashford scoring his second of the game with a low shot from the corner of the area. Gibraltar weren't getting close to us as expected and on the 82nd minute we grabbed our final goal as D.Ali half volleyed a J.Sancho cross past the keeper to give us a convincing 6-0 win but in truth we could have got into double figures

England 6-0 Gibraltar J.Sancho 1,22, H.Kane 15, M.Rashford 48, 56, D.Ali 82

J.Pickford, A.Wan-Bissaka, C.Smalling, R.Holding, T.Alexander-Arnold, J.Sancho, E.Dier, D.Ali, H.Barnes, H.Kane, M.Rashford

Other Grp 4 Results: Hungary 4-2 Kosovo, Romania 3-1 Denmark

March 27th:

Romania (a) World Cup Qualifying Grp 4 (2/10)

A cracking start saw us taking the lead on the 5th minute as M.Rashford ran onto a D.Ali through-ball to fire under the Romanian keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a low shot from H.Barnes which beat the keeper but not the upright. We were in complete control and on the 37th minute we doubled the lead as H.Kane headed in a J.Sancho cross to beat the keeper at the near post.

The second half was much the same as we continued the forward pressure and on the 55th minute we added another goal with H.Kane curling in from ten yards after a E.Dier cross evaded the Romanian defence. We were all over the Romanian side and with two minutes remaining in the game H.Kane completed his hat-trick with a fine shot from ten yards. However Romania pulled a goal back as deep into injury time A.Paun fired in from outside the area to give the fans that stayed behind something to shout about.

Romania 1-4 England A.Paun 90+1 / M.Rashford 5, H.Kane 37, 55, 88

J.Pickford, A.Wan-Bissaka, C.Smalling, R.Holding, T.Alexander-Arnold (D.Rice), J.Sancho, E.Dier (J.Maddison), D.Ali (M.Mount), H.Barnes (R.James), H.Kane, M.Rashford (D.Ings)

Other Grp 4 Results: Denmark 2-0 Kosovo, Gibraltar 1-4 Hungary

• 3 weeks later...

March 30th:

Denmark (h) World Cup Qualifying Grp 4 (3/10)

Two minutes into the game we came close to scoring as H.Kane headed a D.Ali cross just wide of the post. Soon after we had another chance as H.Kane again tried his luck but this time the keeper saved the day. However on the 25th minute Denmark grabbed the lead as a slip by C.Smalling saw A.Cornelius firing in under J.Pickford. Ten minutes later we had our next chance with H.Barnes coming close from outside the area.

The second half belonged to my side as we dominated and on the 56th minute J.Sancho stung the fingers of the keeper from just inside the area after running onto a loose ball. Seven minutes later we finally got the equaliser we deserved as D.Ings headed in a J.Sancho cross. Denmark weren't getting near the ball at all and on the 81st minute we made it 2-1 as D.Ings ran through the defence and fired low past the Danish keeper. With a minutes remaining in the game we made sure of the three points as M.Rashford volleyed a J.Sancho cross into the top corner.

England 3-1 Denmark D.Ings 63, 81, M.Rashford 89 / A.Cornelius 25

J.Pickford, A.Wan-Bissaka (K.Walker), C.Smalling, R.Holding, T.Alexander-Arnold (R.James), J.Sancho, J.Maddison (M.Mount), D.Ali (D.Rice), H.Barnes (M.Rashford), H.Kane, D.Ings

Other Grp 4 Results: Hungary 1-0 Romania, Kosovo 5-0 Gibraltar

The trio of results sees us top of the table with 9pts out 9pts with Hungary on the same points in second.

April 15th:

The odds for the forthcoming European Football Championship sees us quoted at 12-1 with France being 4-1 favourites.

May 12th:

Its now time for me to pick the thirty player preliminary squad for the forthcoming European Championship.

Goalkeepers:

Jordan Pickford (30), Nick Pope (4), Dean Henderson (3), Aaron Ramsdale (0)

Defenders:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka (6), Reese James (2), Michael Keane (12,1), John Stones (39,2), Axel Tuanzebe (0), Joe Gomez (14), Chris Smalling (34,1), Luke Shaw (8), Ben Chilwell (11), Kyle Walker (54), Kieran Trippier (19,1), Trent Alexander-Arnold (18,1), Eric Dier (46,3)

Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson (61), Jack Grealish (5), Jadon Sancho (18,5), Raheem Sterling (62,13), Harvey Barnes (3), Marcus Rashford (47,15), Callum Hudson-Odai (3), Dele Ali (44,5)

Attackers:

Harry Kane (54,41), Mason Greenwood (0), Danny Ings (4,2), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (2,2), Che Adams (3,3)

May 28th:

After a couple of weeks of looking at the players I have to decide who I will taking to the European Championships. The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Nick Pope (4), Dean Henderson (3), Aaron Ramsdale (0)

Defenders:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka (6), Michael Keane (12,1), John Stones (39,2), Axel Tuanzebe (0), Joe Gomez (14), Luke Shaw (8), Kyle Walker (54), Kieran Trippier (19,1), Trent Alexander-Arnold (18,1), Eric Dier (46,3)

Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson (61), Jack Grealish (5), Jadon Sancho (18,5), Raheem Sterling (62,13), Marcus Rashford (47,15), Callum Hudson-Odai (3), Dele Ali (44,5)

Attackers:

Harry Kane (54,41), Mason Greenwood (0), Danny Ings (4,2)

May 31st:

Brazil (h) Friendly

The first of three friendlies before the European Championships and we got off to a great start as on the 8th minute H.Kane ran through the Brazilian defence with ease and fired under the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance as R.Sterling crossed into the area but M.Rashford headed wide of the post. We were controlling the play and on the 33rd minute we had another chance to score as J.Henderson threaded the ball to the feet of R.Sterling who fired it straight into the keepers arms. With three minutes remaining in the half we grabbed a deserved second goal as J.Sancho hit a thunderous effort into the top corner after beating the Brazilian defence to a loose ball.

The second half didn't start well as on the 48th minute Brazil pulled a goal back as Casemiro showed some silky skill to beat D.Henderson and fire into the empty net. Eight minutes later we let ourselves down as J.Gomez fluffed a clearance and Casemiro lashed it past D.Henderson. The equaliser woke my players up and on the 64th minute we retook the lead as H.Kane grabbed his second of the game with a fine strike from just outside the area. We were starting to dominate again and on the 76th minute H.Kane completed his hat-trick with a low shot from ten yards after running onto a J.Grealish through-ball. With five minutes remaining in the game it was 5-2 as M.Greenwood shot a powerful strike in off the upright after a great pass by J.Sancho. On the 89th minute the final goal of the game was scored as H.Kane added goal number four with a brave header from a R.Sterling cross

England 6-2 Brazil H.Kane 8, 64, 76, 89, J.Sancho 42, M.Greenwood 85 / Casemiro 48, 56

A.Ramsdale (D.Henderson), A.Wan-Bissaka, J.Gomez, E.Dier, L.Shaw (J.Stones), R.Sterling, J.Henderson, T.Alexander-Arnold (J.Grealish), J.Sancho, H.Kane, M.Rashford (M.Greenwood)

• 2 months later...

June 3rd:

Argentina (h) Friendly

A terrible start saw us going a goal down on the 2nd minute as L.Messi jinked through the defence with ease and fired under D.Henderson. Ten minutes later they had another chance to score with a curling effort into the top corner but the goal was ruled out for a foul in the build up. It was one way traffic and on the 34th minute Argentina had another chance with a well worked team move which was ended by a J.Gomez challenge. On the stroke of half time we had our first chance as D.Ali curled the ball into the area but M.Greenwood headed wide of the post.

The second half was two minutes old when a poor clearance by D.Henderson saw P.Dybala intercept the ball and fire it with pace into the empty net. On the 51st minute though we pulled a goal back as J.Grealish ran through the defence with ease and slotted the ball under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance as J.Sancho crossed the ball deep into the area but M.Rashford failed to connect with the ball. We were controlling the ball better and on the 73rd minute we levelled the scores as J.Sancho threaded the ball to the feet of R.Sterling who lashed it past the keeper. Argentina weren't getting close to the ball and with five minutes remaining in the game we took the lead as M.Rashford finally grabbed the goal he deserved as he volleyed home a J.Sancho cross. Deep into injury time we made it 4-2 as H.Kane rose above the defence and headed a J.Stones cross past the keeper to send the Wembley crowd wild

England 4-2 Argentina J.Grealish 51, R.Sterling 73, M.Rashford 85, H.Kane 90+3 / L.Messi 2, P.Dybala 47

D.Henderson (A.Ramsdale), A.Wan-Bissaka, J.Gomez, E.Dier, K.Walker (T.Alexander-Arnold), R.Sterling, D.Ali (J.Henderson), C.Hudson-Odoi (J.Sancho), J.Grealish (J.Stones), M.Greenwood (H.Kane), M.Rashford

June 6th:

Armenia (h) Friendly

Six minutes into the game we took the lead as E.Dier showed some skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. On the 9th minute it was two nil with J.Stones heading in from close range. Ten minutes later M.Keane had the chance but his final effort was pretty dire and it went high into the crowd. On the 37th minute Armenia had their keeper to thank after he saved brilliantly from D.Ings. Eight minutes later and with the last kick of the half we made it three nil as K.Trippier ran in from the wing and unleashed a thunderbolt into the top corner.

Five minutes into the half we conceded a silly goal as A.Wan-Bissaka poor pass was shot back into the back of the net by S.Adamyan. On the 52nd minute though we regained our advantage as D.Ings ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball and fired under the keeper. Armenia weren't getting near the ball and on the 74th minute we made it 5-1 as M.Rashford headed home from a R.Sterling cross. Their was one more goal in the game as on the stroke of full time E.Dier curled the ball into the top corner to give us convincing win

England 6-1 Armenia E.Dier 6, 90, J.Stones 9, K.Trippier 45, D.Ings 52, M.Rashford 74 / S.Adamyan 50

N.Pope, A.Wan-Bissaka (T.Alexander-Arnold), J.Stones, A.Tuanzebe, J.Gomez, K.Trippier (J.Henderson), M.Keane (J.Grealish), E.Dier, J.Sancho (R.Sterling), C.Hudson-Odoi (M.Rashford), D.Ings (H.Kane)

European Football Championship

June 11th:

Group A

Wales 1-2 Switzerland

June 12th:

Group A:

Finland 0-1 Italy

Group B:

Denmark 0-2 Croatia

Russia 2-1 Kosovo

June 13th:

Group C:

Austria 0-2 Belgium

Sweden 2-0 Holland

Group D:

Poland (Euro Group D (1/3)

A great start to our campaign saw us taking the lead in the 3rd minute as R.Sterling ran through the defence with ease and fired under the Polish keeper. Soon after we grabbed another goal as on the 17th minute J.Grealish crossed into the area for J.Sancho to half volley past the keeper. On the half hour we had our next chance as H.Kane rattled the crossbar from the edge of the area. However on the 32nd minute J.Stones fluffed a pass and S.Szymariski fired in past the outstretched arms of D.Henderson. We had one last chance to score in the half as R.Sterling threaded the ball to the feet of H.Kane who lashed the ball wide of the post.

The second half was all my side and on the 57th minute we had another chance to score with M.Rashford heading a R.Sterling cross straight at the keeper when it was easier to score. Twelve minutes later we finally added another goal with J.Grealish making a mockery of the Polish defence to fire in under the onrushing keeper. We were all over the Polish side and deep into injury time we grabbed a fourth goal with D.Ali hitting a thunderous effort into the top corner to complete an all round good performance

Poland 1-4 England S.Szymariski 32 / R.Sterling 3, J.Sancho 17, J.Grealish 69, D.Ali 90+3

D.Henderson, T.Alexander-Arnold, J.Stones, A.Tuanzebe, J.Gomez, R.Sterling (E.Dier), J.Henderson, J.Grealish (E.Dier), J.Sancho (A.Wan-Bissaka), H.Kane, M.Rashford

Booked: A.Tuanzebe, R.Sterling, J.Henderson

June 14th:

Group D:

Portugal 1-2 Scotland

Group E:

Ukraine 1-4 Spain

Czech Republic 0-1 France

June 15th:

Group F:

Germany 0-1 Turkey

Bulgaria 1-1 Bosnia & Herzegovina

June 16th:

Group A:

Italy 1-1 Switzerland

Wales 0-0 Finland

Group B:

Russia 4-1 Denmark

June 17th:

Group B:

Croatia 1-1 Kosovo

Group C:

Belgium 4-1 Holland

Sweden 0-2 Austria

June 18th:

Scotland (Euro Group D (2/3)

We now faced the Auld Enemy and on the 12th minute it was the Scottish side who had the first chance as they broke through my defence but D.Henderson blocked the effort. Soon after the had another chance to score but this time it was T.Alexander-Arnold who was the savoir with a brave clearance that came close to ending his chance of children in the future. On the 33rd minute we finally had our first chance as M.Rashford ran through the defence and fired towards goal but the Scottish keeper saved well. Ten minutes later we had another chance as H.Kane played a one two with M.Rashford but the Scottish keeper saved again.

The second half was all my side and eleven minutes into the half M.Rashford got the goal he deserved with a thunderous effort which rattled in off the upright. On the 69th minute we had another chance with D.Ings threading the ball to the feet of M.Rashford who fired just over the crossbar. It was one way traffic and on the 78th minute R.Sterling curled a wonderful effort towards the top corner but the ball wouldn't curl enough and went just wide of the post. With three minutes remaining in the game we finally got the second goal as D.Ali split the defence apart with ease and D.Ings finished the move with a powerful low strike

England 2-0 Scotland M.Rashford 56, D.Ings 87

D.Henderson, T.Alexander-Arnold, J.Stones, A.Tuanzebe, J.Gomez, R.Sterling, E.Dier (D.Ali), J.Grealish (A.Wan-Bissaka), J.Sancho (D.Ings), H.Kane, M.Rashford

Booked: E.Dier, J.Gomez, J.Sancho

Group D:

Portugal 1-1 Poland

Group E:

France 3-0 Spain

With the results we have qualified for the second round of the European Championship

June 19th:

Group E:

Ukraine 1-1 Czech Republic

Group F:

Germany 2-0 Bulgaria

Bosnia & Herzegovina 2-0 Turkey

June 20th:

Group A:

Italy 2-0 Wales

Switzerland 2-0 Finland

June 21st:

Group B:

Croatia 2-0 Russia

Kosovo 0-1 Denmark

Group C:

Belgium 2-2 Sweden

Holland 5-0 Austria

June 22nd:

Portugal (Euro Group D (3/3)

Ten minutes into the game we had our first chance with a long range effort from J.Grealish which stung the fingers of the Portuguese keeper. On the 18th minute Portugal were next to come close as they beat the offside trap but D.Henderson saved the day with a world class save. Nine minutes later though I was forced into a change as C.Hudson-Odoi came on for the injured J.Sancho. With ten minutes remaining in the half a poor pass by J.Gomez was intercepted and C.Ronaldo hit the loose ball with power past D.Henderson who stood no chance of saving it.

The second half was eight minutes old when we came close to equalising as R.Sterling jinked through the defence with real ease but his move was thwarted by a brilliant save by the keeper. Just after the hour mark Portugal had another chance withy a well worked team move however the final product was pretty dire and the ball went well wide. After the chance to game pretty much died a death with some poor play in general and it ended 1-0 to the Portuguese

England 0-1 Portugal C.Ronaldo 35

D.Henderson, T.Alexander-Arnold, J.Stones, A.Tuanzebe, J.Gomez, R.Sterling, E.Dier (D.Ali), J.Grealish, J.Sancho (inj 27 C.Hudson-Odoi (M.Greenwood)), H.Kane, M.Rashford

Booked: T.Alexander-Arnold, J.Gomez, R.Sterling, J.Stones

Scotland 0-1 Poland

J.Gomez will miss the next game after picking up his second yellow of the tournament

June 23rd:

Group E:

France 2-0 Ukraine

Spain 3-1 Czech Republic

Group F:

Bosnia & Herzegovina 2-1 Germany

Turkey 4-0 Bulgaria

Draw for the European Football Championship 2nd Rd

Switzerland v Sweden

Russia v Italy

Poland v Croatia

Germany v Belgium

Portugal v Spain

Holland v Bosnia & Herzegovina

Denmark v France

England v Turkey

June 26th:

Switzerland 1-2 Sweden

Russia 1-2 Italy

June 27th:

Poland 0-1 Croatia

Germany 2-1 Belgium

June 28th:

Portugal 1-0 Spain

Holland 2-3 Bosnia & Herzegovina (aet)

June 29th:

Turkey (Euro Champs 2nd Rd)

A slow start by my players as we struggled with the basics like passing and keeping hold of the ball and on the 13th minute Turkey had the ball in the back of the net but luckily for us it was ruled out for offside. Nine minutes later though the game changed as Turkey were reduced to ten men after C.Soyuncu was sent off for a two footed lunge on J.Henderson. This didn't stop Turkey venturing forward though and on the 37th minute the ten men of Turkey grabbed the lead with a well struck effort from E.Mor which gave D.Henderson little chance of saving. With two minutes remaining in the half Turkey were reduced to nine men after M.Cetin was sent off for a professional foul in the area, from the resulting penalty H.Kane scored.

The second half saw my side dominating the nine man Turkish side and on the hour mark we grabbed another goal with H.Kane beating the keeper to the ball and heading in a J.Grealish cross, however this was ruled out for a foul. We were all over Turkey but they defending brilliantly until the 86th minute when a handball saw H.Kane given the chance for a second goal via the penalty spot which he wasted no time in doing so and we made it through to the next round

England 2-1 Turkey H.Kane 44 pen, 86 pen / E.Mor 37

D.Henderson, T.Alexander-Arnold (L.Shaw), J.Stones, A.Tuanzebe, K.Walker (A.Wan-Bissaka), R.Sterling, J.Henderson, J.Grealish, C.Hudson-Odoi (D.Ali), H.Kane, M.Rashford

Booked: J.Grealish, C.Hudson-Odoi

Other 2nd Round Result:

Denmark 0-3 France

European Championship ¼ Final Draw

Portugal v Bosnia & Herzegovina

Croatia v Sweden

Germany v Italy

France v England

July 2nd:

Portugal 1-3 Bosnia & Herzegovina

Croatia 1-3 Sweden

July 3rd:

France (Euro Champs ¼ Final)

We never got going in the first half as France piled on the forward pressure and on the 18th minute A.Griezmann gave the French the lead with a low strike past D.Henderson. Three minutes later the same player grabbed another goal as his side piled forward and beat D.Henderson to his near post. On the half hour France had another chance to score with a well worked team move which saw my defence split apart but D.Henderson saved the with a brilliant save.

The second half didn't get off to a great start as three minutes in O.Dembele curled the ball from the corner of the area past my keeper who was slow to react. Soon after we had our first real chance of the game with a powerful strike from H.Kane which stung the keepers fingers. On the 65th minute France came close to a fourth and deserved goal but a timely challenge by L.Shaw saw the French attack finished. Eight minutes later we pulled a goal back as D.Ali ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball and fired under the keeper. However this was about as good as it got as we failed to get close to goal afterward and were duly knocked out by France

England 1-3 France D.Ali 73 / A.Griezmann 18, 21, O.Dembele 48

D.Henderson, T.Alexander-Arnold (L.Shaw), J.Stones, A.Tuanzebe, K.Walker, R.Sterling, J.Henderson (E.Dier), J.Grealish, C.Hudson-Odoi (D.Ali), H.Kane, M.Rashford

Booked: K.Walker, M.Rashford

Germany 2-1 Italy

European Championship Semi Final Final Draw

Bosnia & Herzegovina v Sweden

Germany v France

July 6th:

Bosnia & Herzegovina 1-3 Sweden

July 7th:

Germany 3-0 France

July 11th:

European Football Championship Final

Sweden 1-1 Germany (Germany penalties)

The end of the tournament sees D.Ali named in the European Championship Dream Team

The English FA have been pretty ruthless and stated that they weren't happy with the quarter final departure and have released me from my contract with immediate effect

My record was Played 17, Won 12, Drawn 2, Lost 3, For 53, Against 20, 70% win ratio