Youth Intake / Newgen

I’ve only been playing this game a few weeks and read a few posts  about the lack of Newgens or Youth intake from different countries. 

I thought I had read somewhere that this issue was resolved however I am in my third season and there is a severe lack of Youth Intake from other countries other than England where I am managing. I’ve seen an intake from Brazil from only one club of about six players and no other South America intake. There’s been nothing from Italy only about six from PSG in three seasons and no other from French clubs and only about three from Ajax and no other Dutch clubs.

I have never experienced this problem before on previous FM touch games and as I said I’m sure I read somewhere that the bug had been resolved however I still seem to be having problems.

Before I start getting any further into my save I want to know if it’s actually worth me carrying on as at the moment if I was to carry on in a few seasons I think my save will be unplayable and boring. 

I have just looked at the Spain under 19 squad and it only has three players one of which is a Newgen from Peterborough that doesn’t seem right to me

Unfortunately, I see the same. I am in 2032 in my current save, and there isn't a single South American regen on the transfer market. I have England, Spain, and Italy as active countries, and these are the only ones that get regens, and even then only the Spanish teams get a full set of players every year, albeit good ones are very rare. I am managing Man Utd, and we usually get 4-6 player per intake, and I see the same in all English and Italian teams. As for other countries and clubs, there was one intake so far in Ajax, one in a few German clubs, one in PSG, and as far as I can tell, zero in all other places.

Brazil's national squad is all players aged 32 and up, their U20 squad is empty, U22 has exactly one player, and U23 has several youngsters, but they are all regens from European teams (from active countries). Argentina has two regens, one from Barcelona and one from Real Madrid. I've no idea what is happening, at year 2032 there is practically no one to buy, since only clubs from active leagues have regen players, and that is nowhere near enough to have enough good players for top-tier football in the game.

That’s exactly what I am worried about in my game that I’m going to end up with no one to buy.

I don’t think this is good enough really, I always play a long save and it seems pointless for me to carry on my save.

Hopefully we will get an update soon on what is happening!!

I get regens from all the playable countries (even the ones I didn't set as active) but very few from Africa, Asia, and the non-playable European countries like Albania and Bosnia. 

posted similar in bugs thread.

I'm in 2038 in my save, only get youth intake from England, and in the last few years I've managed both France and Brazil -  absolutely no new players coming through which is very frustrating when trying to manage youth teams and I can't even select a squad!

I'm reluctant to start a new save if after 10-15 seasons the amount of players coming through is next to nothing.

However, I do want a new challenge. Other than England, what nations would people recommend loading (max 3) to ensure the pool of players after 10-15 years doesn't fall to ridiculously low levels? France, Spain and Italy? Is Brazil a fun save?