Looking for Advice on High Tempo Attacking Football

So I am beginning my off season, and after using @crusadertsar's Sacchi for the last season and a half, I decided I wanted to try to create my own tactic using all the ideas I have seen over this season in the forums. What I am trying to attempt is to play fast, attacking football with a mid-table team (think Leeds/Bielsa without quite so much pressing), but I am not quite sure I have the roles and duties right because I am trying to also tailor those roles to the players skills. I haven't tried the formation yet, so it may not work in practice, but I was hoping to find out if I got my theories correct, and what I might need to do to play fast and attacking.

Here is the tactic: (I have not made any PI changes yet)

spacer.png

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I think the BBM will get in the way of the AP, and you have the WB on that side as well,  I would possibly change it to a carrilero or a ball winning midfielder. I would also question the need for a DLP if you want to transition quickly, a DM-D would suffice. 

Edited by Vizzini

For "high-tempo attacking football", you'll likely need:

- another attack duty up front

- a bit higher team mentality than the Balanced (Positive would be quite good for a start)

- the lone striker's role should be a bit more roaming and creative than the poacher, because the poacher is pretty much a static role that requires a lot of support from teammates around and behind him

I also agree with @Vizzini on potential issues regarding the left side of your setup as well as the use of a DLP in DM, especially on defend duty. 

Keep also in mind that fast attacking styles of play inherently involve more risk and consequently require more capable players overall.