Scout not finding players, nor getting knowledge

Hi. I have this guy in my scouting team for nearly 2 years now. He has 20 adaptability, has been going at it since the start (you can see in the screens that this is his first and only assignment for the club, as 'known talent' is the one they all have once they come in for the first time). Signed in the summer of 2025, currently spring 2027.

5f3073fe31990ffd6eddeca126adeee2.png 

e7cd6333dae19c1d833bba6550260fae.png 

He is yet to find a single player OR learn more about the region he is in. I'd hate to think what would happen if he had 13 adaptability... What could be the issue here?

Do individually scouted players (through reports -> get scout report; 'keep scouting'; etc.) take up resources for the scouts, which make them less efficient on their assignments? I tend to use that quite a lot, especially since SI introduced the scouting centre. If this indeed does make them less efficient on their assignments, is there a way to assign scouts to get those individually requested reports, rather than them being randomly assigned? I tried leaving two scouts free, but even then a scout in Ukraine would get assigned to a player in Australia for example. I don't think it's supposed to work like that, especially if SI wants us to use the scouting centre.

But even then, even if he is less efficient because he has to travel to Siberia to look at Vlad McRuski, he has been watching a good amount of games. The Age filter is only for a max age of 23, nothing too restricting. There's not even a PA limit. Return: 0. Knowledge: 0. Surely it's not solely down to determination? I'm struggling to find the issue with this kid.

Note, he is not alone. My other scouts also return a very low number of players (hence my question about the individually requested reports and the impact on assignments), but they at least do SOMETHING useful with their time.

6a01c56ac709db54a41ce9a1dfa99641.png 

Edited by MatthewFR23

I think the database you loaded is too small and there simply are no players to be scouted. 

you can check that when going to the teams. If players are mostly greyed out, they are just placeholders which can’t be bought nor scouted

On 17/04/2021 at 05:12, CARRERA said:

I think the database you loaded is too small and there simply are no players to be scouted. 

you can check that when going to the teams. If players are mostly greyed out, they are just placeholders which can’t be bought nor scouted

I checked, and most teams have actual players. Didn't expect this to be the issue, as I have a large database with South American players added into it as well. 

Dude actually lost his knowledge about the other countries now. The only thing I'm thinking right now is: this is either bugged, or it's because of my scouts going to scout players I request. Which is not good. 

81df38abbd5ce93995d7aaac9b78ff7f.png 

b551047e325b5084119a323d32b9a0fe.png

05a506f88549be656416b8c4a5916f76.png

If that is the case, the images above demonstrate a huge issue. Congerton is assigned to UK & Ireland, Broughton is assigned to Scandinavia. Because I clicked 'keep scouting' after my guys in Uruguay came up with these players, they are now ignoring their own assignment.

Is there any way, without adding 30 clicks to get there (dear SI pls think of QOL), to make sure one of two things happen: 1) the scouts IN THAT REGION pick up the extra scouting or 2) scouts I deliberately keep free of assignments can pick up all of the extra scouting? It would be ideal to have a dedicated (group of) scout(s) to focus on the targeted scouting, or at the very least to have it divided based on regions.

Edited by MatthewFR23

When you choose 'Get Scout Report', you can select which scout you want to do it. You have to go through the right-click sub-menu, but the option is there.

Personally, I can never be bothered remembering which of my scouts is where, but this should solve [part of] the problem for you. 

The other part of the problem could be that your team is just too good. If you're Kings Lynn and can send scouts around the world, I'm assuming you're challenging for at least the Premier League. Young players are likely to have lower CA, so it might be that your scout is looking at good-but-not-yet-exceptional young players and thinking "Nah, he wouldn't make the squad". It might be worth tweaking what sort of potential your scout is looking for, to something like 3*, which - if you've got a team capable of challenging for the title - could still turn out to be very good players.

3 hours ago, turnip said:

When you choose 'Get Scout Report', you can select which scout you want to do it. You have to go through the right-click sub-menu, but the option is there.

Personally, I can never be bothered remembering which of my scouts is where, but this should solve [part of] the problem for you. 

The other part of the problem could be that your team is just too good. If you're Kings Lynn and can send scouts around the world, I'm assuming you're challenging for at least the Premier League. Young players are likely to have lower CA, so it might be that your scout is looking at good-but-not-yet-exceptional young players and thinking "Nah, he wouldn't make the squad". It might be worth tweaking what sort of potential your scout is looking for, to something like 3*, which - if you've got a team capable of challenging for the title - could still turn out to be very good players.

That would mean that using get scout report/keep scouting actually affects efficiency on assignments. Which is fair of course, makes a lot of sense, but then there should be an easier way to make sure the desired scouts gets the assignment imo (by creating dedicated groups, less clicks to select the desired scout, or even on a programming level by dividing the individual assignments based on region rather than availability). I can't be bothered adding 3+ clicks (assuming I know where every one of my 16 scouts is working) for every single of of the players just to use the scouting centre the way SI wants us to use it, all to make sure my scout in Hungary isn't going to Argentina for one player, while I already have scouts in Argentina. SI should address this, IF doing this affects efficiency on their own assignments. 

Yeah, I removed some of the limitations. I never scout for CA, and I lowered the PA to 3-3.5 stars. I'm currently predicted 19th, after 3 years of being predicted 20th, so there should still be plenty of relevant players to be found. Also, do these limitations affect the building of knowledge? I think that is the biggest problem for me right now, even if we forget about players being found or not. 

Edited by MatthewFR23