TM or DLF with Poacher?

HI guys...

I've a question, i play with 5-2-1-2, with AM on support behind two strikers; DLP-su and BWM-su in middle of the pitch.

For you, it's better the combo TM-att and P-att or DLF-att with P-att?

i know that depends of my type of players, but, in general which are your preferences?

And in the middle, the DLP is better on the right (the side of Poacher) and BWM on the left (side of TM or DLF)?? or is not important?

thaks for your considerations

9 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

HI guys...

I've a question, i play with 5-2-1-2, with AM on support behind two strikers; DLP-su and BWM-su in middle of the pitch.

For you, it's better the combo TM-att and P-att or DLF-att with P-att?

i know that depends of my type of players, but, in general which are your preferences?

And in the middle, the DLP is better on the right (the side of Poacher) and BWM on the left (side of TM or DLF)?? or is not important?

thaks for your considerations

TM is good for holding up the ball and allowing others to come in. DLF is good to free up the space for incoming attacking players. It depends on your style of play, if you're looking to play possession, then a DLF is better suited, if you're looking to play more progressive direct football, I'd use a TM. But if you're using a possession style and using a DLF-P combo, then I'd make the DLF support, if not, you can stick with the TM on attack.

i am trying to reproduce an atalanta / leipzig style of play.
So pressing high on the field (I have all 3 central defenders on marking - BPD,CB,BPD, they work very well and I did not believe) but once I regained the ball I did not want to push directly forward, also because I already have high lines and therefore I would already be in the opposing half of the field . So the style reproduced is a high pressing and a fairly patient attack, but not too much tiki taka style (I use offensive mentality).

Regarding the roles in midfield, is it indifferent on which side to play them?

@rsihn I immediately look at the site, even if I already know it and the 5-2-1-2 always finds the problem on the hips. even if I find this problem, can I neglect it according to you?

Edited by Mik_Fe

Two forwards on attack duty is not a set up for a fairly patient attack so you may want to rethink that.   

You can always ignore the website but you should take note of what it says the problems are so that you know how to fix them.

42 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

So the style reproduced is a high pressing and a fairly patient attack, but not too much tiki taka style

With that piece of information in mind, I'd use a combo of DLF on support and then the poacher, since using 2 attack duties isn't compatible with such style.

Edited by YLSFM00
Edit 1: added detail, Edit 2: removed small segment