How are Manager of the Month/Year awards actually calculated?

Not bitter/it's a team game etc. But seriously how are these calculated? I assume reputation plays a part? Monthly awards seem to be purely based on how many points you get but the yearly one makes no sense. I just won the Scottish Premiership, unbeaten, with Celtic. Now yeah obviously it's Celtic so it's expected but, Gerrard just got the Football Writer's Manager of the Year. They've had a fantastic season and we only won the league because we managed to win all four Old Firms, but surely in reality I'd have won? I know it's not as special as Rodgers did it a few years ago, but still. 

I know it doesn't matter but I'm just curious if anyone can explain because I've had plenty of baffling wins/loses in this regard over the years.

image.png.aaac693139e9ce257bf889fc1a808d62.png

image.png.ead25dd35049a908ba23d5eb24a58452.png

I had to reload a few times during the season change on my main save and I was surprised that it was completely random from the nominated ones. Same for the player of the year nominates. I doubt there is any weighting applied to the end result (from 5 reload I won twice the MoTY, yet was not in the top 3 in the other ones). The matches were all played by this time so no further actions could forge the outcome.

So from the nominations, it was random (or it as so-so close that anyone from the top 5 was a legit contender that is non-sense anyway). Just another broken mechanic 😃

As it's the Scottish Writers Manager of the Year, could reputation not be a part of it? I'm not sure what your reputation is, but I imagine Gerrards is very high.

It shouldn't affect who would get Manager of the Year, but in reality it normally does.

On a side note, I've won 10 Swedish titles, 7 in a row and was pretty miffed I never won the Manager of the Year in Sweden, until I checked the previous winners and runners up and found you have to be Swedish to win it!

They won the Scottish Cup, beating us in the final. Knocked us out of the League Cup before losing the final to Hamilton. We both made it to the Europa Second Knockout Round. I guess the cups must have tipped it? I mean one of the Old Firms we won 7-0!