Minimum fee release clauses

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

They need to be offered in full without instalments and any add-ons will be additional. ( although there is little point in adding any other extras tbh)

Fair enough, surely it doesn't work that way IRL though, with pretty much no transfers of any size being done up front.

Who knows the exact mechanics of today's transfers?  I would have thought that a minimum release fee transfer would be reasonably rare because of the inflated nature of the fee and if the selling team are being forced to accept when they dont really want to sell, they would want all the cash up front.  I agree that most other non minimum release fee transfers would include instalments and conditions

For the mandatory minimum release clauses in the Spanish leagues they have to be paid in full, not sure about other leagues though but if you think about it, it only makes sense if it has to be paid in full, otherwise what's to stop someone from paying £1mil for x amount of years

2 hours ago, francis#17 said:

For the mandatory minimum release clauses in the Spanish leagues they have to be paid in full, not sure about other leagues though but if you think about it, it only makes sense if it has to be paid in full, otherwise what's to stop someone from paying £1mil for x amount of years

I think this is why you are right, I would assume if a player had say a £30m release and a team fancies negotiating to pay instalments could say 'Here is 15m now and we will pay 5m for the next 3 transfer windows, But we will add a 10% of next sale clause to sweeten the deal for you or maybe actually pay £35m instead of the £30m to make it a better offer 

1 hour ago, cris182 said:

I think this is why you are right, I would assume if a player had say a £30m release and a team fancies negotiating to pay instalments could say 'Here is 15m now and we will pay 5m for the next 3 transfer windows, But we will add a 10% of next sale clause to sweeten the deal for you or maybe actually pay £35m instead of the £30m to make it a better offer 

I do that if selling a player with a minimum fee release clause. Will negotiate (if able to) one click less of the value and add in 30% sell on.