Custom continental club qualification system: changes domestic league appearance

L55DS

Whilst It is possible to recreate the continental qualification system from scratch, it always causes the following issue. I would have thought this wouldn't be a particularly complex fix but I've raised it before and haven't got a response. With a custom qualification system you lose the coloured bands which indicate continental qualifiers in your domestic leagues, as demonstrated below. There is  also an option in the editor to 'show continental cup seedings' which might be in reference top these bands but if so, they still don't show in game. 

What we would like (it would solve about 10% of the queries on the Editors Hideaway) is a way of editing the continental cup qualifications system without it breaking the game in this way. It's already a complex procedure to edit as there isn't a simple way to edit advanced continental rules without some XML trickery, so allowing us to edit that would be preferable. But if not, then resolving this issue with the coloured bands would allow us to make do.  

I've also attached Carlito85's UEFA revival XML to demonstrate, and can upload a save game with this set up too if helps. 

See here:

image.thumb.png.3c961ba9b043e56b36b9b0d447a703fc.png

Vs how it's meant to be:

image.thumb.png.fbdf85290d4ab608b48762883fd14b19.png

Possible relevant flag in the editor:

image.thumb.png.e824f358011e7458e2057720f86e458e.png

uefa+supercup.xml

21 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

Hey @L55DS

Have you change the nation rules?

I don't believe there's any way of changing those bands in nation rules, I think they are applied to UEFA coefficients and can't be manually overridden. If this function could be added, that would be great. 

49 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

Any suggestions for future features can be made here: 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/842-pre-game-and-in-game-editor-requests/ 

Thank you, but the OP is a bug rather than future request I think. SI have designed in the functionality to change the continental cup system in the pre game editor, but it's causing this problem that should be fixed. It might be possible for SI to introduce a new feature in lieu of fixing the problem, like an override that achieves the same thing, but ideally the bug will be fixed so that editing the continental cups does not cause the qualification indicators to disappear.

@L55DS

I was looking around the editor a while ago and I found that this is linked to editing the domestic league rather than being linked to the continental competition (which would be so much easier if it was). If you set the qualification rules in the domestic league so that the top 4 qualify for the Champions League then you'll get the colour coding back. I'm not sure why by the way but 2nd - 4th show up as a darker green instead of the default blue.

"Show Continental Cup Seedings" in the competition flag is for the Competition Overview page (the seedings panel shows up in between the fixtures panel and the past winners panel), which displays every team in the competition. That is definitely bugged this year for continental competitions.

What I would recommend is if you know which continental file you want to use for your save, set the qualification rules in the domestic league so that the number of places match up with your continental file. The only problem is that you would have to do this for every nation in Europe if you wanted the bands for each top league. This is why the bands should be tied to the continental competition instead of the domestic ones.

Edited by Carlito85

On 22/04/2021 at 16:42, Carlito85 said:

@L55DS

I was looking around the editor a while ago and I found that this is linked to editing the domestic league rather than being linked to the continental competition (which would be so much easier if it was). If you set the qualification rules in the domestic league so that the top 4 qualify for the Champions League then you'll get the colour coding back. I'm not sure why by the way but 2nd - 4th show up as a darker green instead of the default blue.

"Show Continental Cup Seedings" in the competition flag is for the Competition Overview page (the seedings panel shows up in between the fixtures panel and the past winners panel), which displays every team in the competition. That is definitely bugged this year for continental competitions.

What I would recommend is if you know which continental file you want to use for your save, set the qualification rules in the domestic league so that the number of places match up with your continental file. The only problem is that you would have to do this for every nation in Europe if you wanted the bands for each top league. This is why the bands should be tied to the continental competition instead of the domestic ones.

Good to know, I'll try this, thanks