90th minute goal cliche

I think it’s time for FM to update their end-of-match script. This morning my Hamilton team was beating Celtic 2-1. But in the 89th minute Celtic scored to even it up, then 40 seconds later they scored again to win. 

Teams that are behind have always received a big offensive boost around the 90th minute to create “drama” but it’s not realistic and is embarrassingly arcade game like for a game that pretends to be a simulation. 

19 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

If you find yourself prone to conceding late goals, do something about it. Bring on more defensive players and/or tighten up, tactically.

Except when you do that you concede possession, give the opposition more chances and they score anyway!!! As I’ve mentioned on other threads defensive tactics aren’t always the best way to defend on FM. This version rewards attacking more than defensive play. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Basically I hear you @3runhomer

5 minutes ago, FulchesterFred said:

Except when you do that you concede possession, give the opposition more chances and they score anyway!!! As I’ve mentioned on other threads defensive tactics aren’t always the best way to defend on FM. This version rewards attacking more than defensive play. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Basically I hear you @3runhomer

I didn't say go completely defensive. I said tighten up. There's a massive difference between the two. If you have 1 or 2 fullbacks on Attack, consider changing one or both to Support, as an example. Or sub your small attacking fullback for a stronger, more defensive fullback. Sub your creative midfielder with someone who is better at winning the ball. etc.

8 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I didn't say go completely defensive. I said tighten up. There's a massive difference between the two. If you have 1 or 2 fullbacks on Attack, consider changing one or both to Support, as an example. Or sub your small attacking fullback for a stronger, more defensive fullback. Sub your creative midfielder with someone who is better at winning the ball. etc.

I agree. And I also didn’t say go completely defensive either btw. I’m just saying the consensus is that defensive football in 21 is less successful. So don’t go too defensive.