[FM21] UEFA Revival 1.3 - 31/05/2021 - European Super League, FIFA Club World Cup, Oceania and much more!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

Immense as always you do a superb job mate thanks once again:applause:

Thanks for the support as always mate. It's been much appreciated over the years :thup:

19 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Better late than never. Happy to see those files. Great to play and a great help for other editors.

Thanks bud. I'm still plugging away in the editor trying to get the other files fixed while I throw new additions into the mix lol. I'm glad that this project has been able to help others with their own work, as I remember how daunting the advanced editor was when I got started :thup:

18 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Thanks bud. I'm still plugging away in the editor trying to get the other files fixed while I throw new additions into the mix lol. I'm glad that this project has been able to help others with their own work, as I remember how daunting the advanced editor was when I got started :thup:

hey dude you finally release this thing at FM 21 and did SI fix the errors that the editor have bought

anyways can you do an files from UEFA Format 2024,an 3 Intertoto Cup winners and runners-up go to Europa League And Conference league,2015-2018 UEFA Format and An Alternate format of 2018-2021 UEFA Format

53 minutes ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

hey dude you finally release this thing at FM 21 and did SI fix the errors that the editor have bought

anyways can you do an files from UEFA Format 2024,an 3 Intertoto Cup winners and runners-up go to Europa League And Conference league,2015-2018 UEFA Format and An Alternate format of 2018-2021 UEFA Format

I've still got a bunch of files that won't verify so I had to put those out as XML files for now otherwise I may not have gotten a version released this year. I'm still working on fixing those ones in the mean time in addition to working on a number of new files to add for a future update.

I can't do an Intertoto Cup with 3 winners as the game only records 1 winner for competitions as far as I'm aware. I can however make 3 Intertoto Cup teams qualify for the Europa League and Conference League, which I have already done in a couple of files that are currently available.

13 hours ago, chunkz1187 said:

Mate @Carlito85 thanks so much for this database, I know you've worked hard for this and had some problems I'm very thankful you stuck it out to get it working on FM21

16 hours ago, irish kopite said:

You beauty! Well done. I have been checking this part of the forum daily for weeks!

Cheers gents. I'm hoping to get an update out over the next few weeks. It just depends on how quickly I can get the new files working.

16 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

I've still got a bunch of files that won't verify so I had to put those out as XML files for now otherwise I may not have gotten a version released this year. I'm still working on fixing those ones in the mean time in addition to working on a number of new files to add for a future update.

I can't do an Intertoto Cup with 3 winners as the game only records 1 winner for competitions as far as I'm aware. I can however make 3 Intertoto Cup teams qualify for the Europa League and Conference League, which I have already done in a couple of files that are currently available.

Cheers gents. I'm hoping to get an update out over the next few weeks. It just depends on how quickly I can get the new files working.

okay so i wonder if you want to do an Alternate format from UEFA Revival and you going to do 2015-2018 UEFA Format right

4 minutes ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

okay so i wonder if you want to do an Alternate format from UEFA Revival and you going to do 2015-2018 UEFA Format right

I'm pretty sure that's already included, minus the distribution per nation being accurate and Europa League winner qualifying. I'll look into it though once I've gotten through the other files I'm working on.

10 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

I'm pretty sure that's already included, minus the distribution per nation being accurate and Europa League winner qualifying. I'll look into it though once I've gotten through the other files I'm working on.

and can you put the year 2020 in files instead of 2013 because it dont make lot of sense and i wonder if european ranking is still there in UEFA Revival because once the teams doing pretty well the ranking will go up and make you good team ever right

58 minutes ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

and can you put the year 2020 in files instead of 2013 because it dont make lot of sense and i wonder if european ranking is still there in UEFA Revival because once the teams doing pretty well the ranking will go up and make you good team ever right

That's just a base to run from in the editor, it doesn't impact anything in the game. It's set to 2013 because that's when I started working on the project and it has just carried over each year. The coefficients still don't update unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Carlito85 said:

That's just a base to run from in the editor, it doesn't impact anything in the game. It's set to 2013 because that's when I started working on the project and it has just carried over each year. The coefficients still don't update unfortunately.

damn it SI Didnt fix it the coefficients at FM editor this year maybe in FM 22 they will fixing it this 

Finally! Here I am, liked that idea last year! 

Please tell more about UEFA file number 41. As I can see there are new and old UEFA cups together? Seven competitions?! How it works? Please tell more. 

Is it compatible with davie77 countries megapack updates?

UPD. Do you have file with new 2024/2025 Champions League format?

Edited by id99

1 hour ago, id99 said:

Finally! Here I am, liked that idea last year! 

Please tell more about UEFA file number 41. As I can see there are new and old UEFA cups together? Seven competitions?! How it works? Please tell more. 

Is it compatible with davie77 countries megapack updates?

UPD. Do you have file with new 2024/2025 Champions League format?

File 41 is a combination of every competition with the 2021-2024 UEFA format, so the current version of the Champions League, Europa League and Conference League (as close as I could get it). The Intertoto Cup winner will qualify for the UEFA Conference League, and the runner-up will qualify for the UEFA Cup. The Super Cup also includes 4 teams instead of 2 in a mini-tournament. This consists of the Champions League winner, the Europa League Winner, The Conference League winner and the UEFA Cup winner (the first season includes Lazio and Shakhtar as the last winners of the Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Cup to fill the empty spaces).

It may be compatible with davie77's pack as it looks like his work is adding extra domestic leagues and not so much adding continental competitions. It's always worth doing a quick test run to see if it works.

I'm currently working on an update which will include around 6 new files and the 2024/25 Champions League format will be included, as will the European Super League if I can get it working properly.

• Carlito85 changed the title to [FM21] UEFA Revival 1.1 - 04/05/2021
10 hours ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Like always i made my own version using your version as a base, but i cant verify the files so i can run them ingame

If you upload the file you've been working on either in here or in a DM with an explanation of how you want it to work I'll see if I can get an XML version working for you.

56 minutos atrás, Carlito85 disse:

If you upload the file you've been working on either in here or in a DM with an explanation of how you want it to work I'll see if I can get an XML version working for you.

Thing is, the game picks up the file, idk how i managed to do that. But its doing weird things, in the second season i'm getting like 3 or 4 teams from nations like Albania playing the Euorpean Cup.

33 minutes ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Thing is, the game picks up the file, idk how i managed to do that. But its doing weird things, in the second season i'm getting like 3 or 4 teams from nations like Albania playing the Euorpean Cup.

But it runs OK for the first season? That sounds a bit odd. Without knowing the format though I can't really do anything with it.

9 minutos atrás, Carlito85 disse:

But it runs OK for the first season? That sounds a bit odd. Without knowing the format though I can't really do anything with it.

yep, first season is ok, apart from Germany, for some reason the Cup Winners Cup isnt picking the correct runner ups of the Pokal (Leverkusen) but is picking Leipzig

UEFA Revival MP 2.fmf

Edited by palmamiguel92

Also, have you noticed any problems indexing past winners? after the 2nd season instead of indexing the European Cup winner for some reason he gets the runner up instead

Update: Fixed most, but i found an editor bug

So, the cup winners cup does pick up the winner, but if the winner also qualified for the European Cup, the runner up should go to the Cup Winners Cup (yes i changed the order of index, relagating the UEFA Cup to a third tier spot), problem is, instead of picking up the runner up from the cup, he picks the runner up from the league, i'm bafled, this didnt happen last year. Guess i'm having to content myself with no runner ups at the cup winners cup

Edited by palmamiguel92

2 hours ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Also, have you noticed any problems indexing past winners? after the 2nd season instead of indexing the European Cup winner for some reason he gets the runner up instead

Update: Fixed most, but i found an editor bug

So, the cup winners cup does pick up the winner, but if the winner also qualified for the European Cup, the runner up should go to the Cup Winners Cup (yes i changed the order of index, relagating the UEFA Cup to a third tier spot), problem is, instead of picking up the runner up from the cup, he picks the runner up from the league, i'm bafled, this didnt happen last year. Guess i'm having to content myself with no runner ups at the cup winners cup

Yeah that seems to be an issue which is unfortunately out of our control as of now. I had a similar problem happening when I tried to qualify the Europa League winner for the Champions League and it resulted in 6 teams from the same nation competing in the Champions League.

1 hora atrás, Carlito85 disse:

Yeah that seems to be an issue which is unfortunately out of our control as of now. I had a similar problem happening when I tried to qualify the Europa League winner for the Champions League and it resulted in 6 teams from the same nation competing in the Champions League.

I was simulating until 2023, and there's a problem when the European Cup winner is the same winner from his nation, so instead of grabbing the runner up from league aka the highest indexed team from that nation, he grabs the runner up from the European Cup, so we end up with the runner up nation having 2 teams next season.

2 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Is it possible to extend the number of teams from one nation in these? 

Yes, you would do this by changing the nation rankings (depending on which file you're wanting to use). In a lot of the files the top 4 nations get 4 teams, and then 3 for 5-7 I think, so if you were to move your desired nation into the top 7 you should be able to get at least 3 teams allocated to that nation.

9 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Yes, you would do this by changing the nation rankings (depending on which file you're wanting to use). In a lot of the files the top 4 nations get 4 teams, and then 3 for 5-7 I think, so if you were to move your desired nation into the top 7 you should be able to get at least 3 teams allocated to that nation.

Ah of course. Was thinking of doing my own competition.

How do we make it so that only sort of mid-table teams or teams from lower ranked divisions get into the Intertoto Cup?

I keep seeing teams like Man Utd and Man City winning it

I would just remove the Intertoto Cup rules, but the winner enters the UEFA Cup on the file I'm using (22)

32 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

How do we make it so that only sort of mid-table teams or teams from lower ranked divisions get into the Intertoto Cup?

I keep seeing teams like Man Utd and Man City winning it

I would just remove the Intertoto Cup rules, but the winner enters the UEFA Cup on the file I'm using (22)

I'm not sure if it would be possible to set it so that mid-table sides could get the spot instead. The options available are really limited so it's basically a choice of the next highest place in the league table, the domestic cup winner (being used for the cup winners' cup), a specific team each year, or the last winner of a competition.

I guess you could take the last winner of other competition route and give it to the equivalent of each nation's version of the carabao cup. If the winner has already qualified it will then give it to the runner-up instead. Failing that it'll go to the next highest place in the league.

I'll have a mess around with it in the editor in a bit for you and see if I can get something working.

Edited by Carlito85

I'm not sure if it would be possible to set it so that mid-table sides could get the spot instead. The options available are really limited so it's basically a choice of the next highest place in the league table, the domestic cup winner (being used for the cup winners' cup), a specific team each year, or the last winner of a competition.

I guess you could take the last winner of other competition route and give it to the equivalent of each nation's version of the carabao cup. If the winner has already qualified it will then give it to the runner-up instead. Failing that it'll go to the next highest place in the league.

I'll have a mess around with it in the editor in a bit for you and see if I can get something working.

I've just amended the Super Cup on one of your files so it's a 3-way league to include winner of Cup Winners' Cup as well :) Might be a cool idea to do generally

Or have it so it's two rounds - 1st round being UEFA v CWC (call it .. 3rd Place Playoff), then winner goes on to Final to play Champions League winner?

Good shout, make it a cup competition for non-Domestic Main Cup winners somehow

Hello, firstly thanks for your huge work ! @Carlito85

With the super league idea, I was looking for something similar that would remind me of the european cups of the time

However, I know it must be a tremendous job but is it possible to adapt the finances to something like the old era or at least with less differences ? and the rules on the number of foreigners per team (or maybe add more conditions to register to the competitions, more academy players and players from the country) do you think it's possible to come close to something similar? that would be fantastic !

Also to change the reputations of the teams/championships/competitions and prize money/tv rights money, to have less of a big difference like in the old days

I know I'm asking too much :D but it would be very interesting to see this if possible.

Edit: Last thing also to just have the Intercontinental Cup between the winner of the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL and European Cup (Champions League) instead of the FIFA Club World Cup

Edited by NFLFM

@Carlito85

Is there really no way or a file for Liechtensteiner Cup winners to qualify for European Competitions?

Like Vaduz can compete in Cup Winners' Cup or EC2 maybe.

At least when I've tried File 42 and wanted to use Vaduz for a test subject and even you won every season Liechtensteiner Cup and as a bonus you won Swiss League you still can't get a European Competition. Even though once (2025) they got ended up playing in Club World Cup which was a weird thing.

Edited by QP

12 hours ago, NFLFM said:

Hello, firstly thanks for your huge work ! @Carlito85

With the super league idea, I was looking for something similar that would remind me of the european cups of the time

However, I know it must be a tremendous job but is it possible to adapt the finances to something like the old era or at least with less differences ? and the rules on the number of foreigners per team (or maybe add more conditions to register to the competitions, more academy players and players from the country) do you think it's possible to come close to something similar? that would be fantastic !

Also to change the reputations of the teams/championships/competitions and prize money/tv rights money, to have less of a big difference like in the old days

I know I'm asking too much :D but it would be very interesting to see this if possible.

Edit: Last thing also to just have the Intercontinental Cup between the winner of the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL and European Cup (Champions League) instead of the FIFA Club World Cup

I can change the finances in the older files. I decided to leave them as they are to balance things out with how transfer fees are in the game etc but it's not something I'm against changing for realism :thup:

I haven't released any version of the Club World Cup yet that is compatible with the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger as I couldn't get it to find any of the CC competitions (likely because they were new IDs made from scratch). I'm currently working on that though so hopefully there will be good news with the next update.

9 hours ago, QP said:

@Carlito85

Is there really no way or a file for Liechtensteiner Cup winners to qualify for European Competitions?

Like Vaduz can compete in Cup Winners' Cup or EC2 maybe.

At least when I've tried File 42 and wanted to use Vaduz for a test subject and even you won every season Liechtensteiner Cup and as a bonus you won Swiss League you still can't get a European Competition. Even though once (2025) they got ended up playing in Club World Cup which was a weird thing.

It should be possible but it would require re-calculating each competition in the seedings. When I first made the competitions I saw it as a potential headache to avoid and it has just carried over with each new game when importing from the previous one. I'll look into it in the near future though and see if I can get it working.

6 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

I can change the finances in the older files. I decided to leave them as they are to balance things out with how transfer fees are in the game etc but it's not something I'm against changing for realism :thup:

I haven't released any version of the Club World Cup yet that is compatible with the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger as I couldn't get it to find any of the CC competitions (likely because they were new IDs made from scratch). I'm currently working on that though so hopefully there will be good news with the next update.

It should be possible but it would require re-calculating each competition in the seedings. When I first made the competitions I saw it as a potential headache to avoid and it has just carried over with each new game when importing from the previous one. I'll look into it in the near future though and see if I can get it working.

Thank you for your answer I appreciate  

And the rules with less foreigners even from Europe do you think it’s possible to do it ?

Anyway thanks again I love this type of update 

1 hour ago, NFLFM said:

Thank you for your answer I appreciate  

And the rules with less foreigners even from Europe do you think it’s possible to do it ?

Anyway thanks again I love this type of update 

It should be possible. I left all the registration rules out as at the time it was giving me a few problems in the editor when verifying the files but I've seen plenty of other people manage to get registration rules working. I could possibly make an alt with existing rules in place or something if you let me know which file you're wanting to use. Saves me changing 50+ files lol.

2 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

It should be possible. I left all the registration rules out as at the time it was giving me a few problems in the editor when verifying the files but I've seen plenty of other people manage to get registration rules working. I could possibly make an alt with existing rules in place or something if you let me know which file you're wanting to use. Saves me changing 50+ files lol.

Nice ! thanks :D I think 4 or 5 foreigners maximum should be perfect. I wonder how the team will do for sell their extra players and adapt to the new rules though.

Im using the UEFA Revival 49 because it is this format that respects the oldest formula

I like the idea of having a nostalgic save with less business/international football

and the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL 2B

For the European Cup Winners I realize there is a problem with the qualified teams because I notice that many of them are eliminated from the domestic cups very early in the season and yet are going to play this competition. I think it takes into account the ranking around 4th place rather than the winner or runner-up of the cup if the winner is already a league winner.

Also the title holder Valencia, which does not participate in any european competition, will not participate in the european cup winners, and I believe that the rule allowed to participate again except in case of qualification in european cup/champions league

Last thing :D I notice that the uefa cup had 3 or 4 teams for the big championships IRL instead of 2 in the update however I think the priority for qualification was given to the European Cup Winners over the UEFA Cup if a team won a domestic cup and finished in the top 4 IRL, which I guess can be complicated to try to replicate

Sorry for this long message which is still a request I hope I'm not disturbing

Edited by NFLFM

16 hours ago, NFLFM said:

For the European Cup Winners I realize there is a problem with the qualified teams because I notice that many of them are eliminated from the domestic cups very early in the season and yet are going to play this competition. I think it takes into account the ranking around 4th place rather than the winner or runner-up of the cup if the winner is already a league winner.

Also the title holder Valencia, which does not participate in any european competition, will not participate in the european cup winners, and I believe that the rule allowed to participate again except in case of qualification in european cup/champions league

Last thing :D I notice that the uefa cup had 3 or 4 teams for the big championships IRL instead of 2 in the update however I think the priority for qualification was given to the European Cup Winners over the UEFA Cup if a team won a domestic cup and finished in the top 4 IRL, which I guess can be complicated to try to replicate

Sorry for this long message which is still a request I hope I'm not disturbing

No worries. I don't think there's an option to set where the spot goes unfortunately. Basically by default it goes to the runner-up and if not them then the next highest place in the winner's domestic league. I have brought this up in the feature request forum in the past though so hopefully it's implemented sooner rather than later.

47 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

No worries. I don't think there's an option to set where the spot goes unfortunately. Basically by default it goes to the runner-up and if not them then the next highest place in the winner's domestic league. I have brought this up in the feature request forum in the past though so hopefully it's implemented sooner rather than later.

Ok I understand no problem,

Again something else, I just thought about the reputation of the Champions League vs the UEFA Cup and European Cup Winners and I guess that it's still too high compared to the rest so let's say that you re a big team like Man Utd and you couldn't be champion I have the feeling that some ambitious players will still react like if the other european cup were  second divisions leagues and would ask to go (as today with the Europa League) but in the past some people even considered the UEFA Cup harder to win than the Champions League who only had the champions.

So I would recommend to put down a little the reputation of the Champions League but still number 1 of course it was the most prestigious but also put up the reputation of the two others.

A small detail too :D the UEFA Cup Final is played on two legs but it's neutral, IRL it was at home for both team.

EDIT : Im in september 2022 and I realize that some of the dates of the European competitions are scheduled at the same time as the world cup (also the finals of the concacaf/conmeblo competitions), so I don't know if there is any way to correct this

Thanks again I know it's not easy and takes time so if you can't it's ok obviously.

Edited by NFLFM

17 hours ago, NFLFM said:

Ok I understand no problem,

Again something else, I just thought about the reputation of the Champions League vs the UEFA Cup and European Cup Winners and I guess that it's still too high compared to the rest so let's say that you re a big team like Man Utd and you couldn't be champion I have the feeling that some ambitious players will still react like if the other european cup were  second divisions leagues and would ask to go (as today with the Europa League) but in the past some people even considered the UEFA Cup harder to win than the Champions League who only had the champions.

So I would recommend to put down a little the reputation of the Champions League but still number 1 of course it was the most prestigious but also put up the reputation of the two others.

A small detail too :D the UEFA Cup Final is played on two legs but it's neutral, IRL it was at home for both team.

EDIT : Im in september 2022 and I realize that some of the dates of the European competitions are scheduled at the same time as the world cup (also the finals of the concacaf/conmeblo competitions), so I don't know if there is any way to correct this

Thanks again I know it's not easy and takes time so if you can't it's ok obviously.

The only way to correct that will be to alter the World Cup and set a different host so that the tournament can be played in the summer of 2022. England might be a good shout :brock:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carlito85 changed the title to [FM21] UEFA Revival 1.2 - 28/05/2021 - European Super League, FIFA Club World Cup, Oceania and much more!

Version 1.2 is now released. A lot of hours went into this one. Barring any errors which need fixed, a new update may possibly follow towards the end of the summer but if not then the project will be back with some new additions for FM22 :thup:

Enjoy.

Howdy Carlito,

Awesome work as usual

Just a note to say that the Awards are not being populated for the European Super League in file 52 for 1.2, but I'm sure it's on your bug list already.

Just a query - will we only ever have the XML file for that, or will it also be available in FMF for us to play about with in the Editor?

1 hour ago, Rob 396 said:

Howdy Carlito,

Awesome work as usual

Just a note to say that the Awards are not being populated for the European Super League in file 52 for 1.2, but I'm sure it's on your bug list already.

Just a query - will we only ever have the XML file for that, or will it also be available in FMF for us to play about with in the Editor?

Hi Rob,

I wasn't aware that the awards weren't showing up but I'll have a look into that. Cheers for the heads up :thup:

I'll be working on trying to get the XML files verified in the mean time.

2 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

image.thumb.png.1db2f82929982da6c314cef8baa256f7.png

hmm, odd

Is that one team competing in all of those?

Edited by Carlito85