Help with a LLM tactic Isthmian Premier League Division

Guys,

Im looking for a good LLM tactic. For some reason nothing is working or not consistent. I want to get out of this division to promote to the Vanorama Division. Which one should be decent enough to get results?

Help us out fella, we’re not mind readers,what are your players capable of? What style do you want to play?

There is no such thing as a decent tactic to get results, your in the wrong forum if your looking for a plug and play tactic.

1 hour ago, FM86 said:

Guys,

Im looking for a good LLM tactic. For some reason nothing is working or not consistent. I want to get out of this division to promote to the Vanorama Division. Which one should be decent enough to get results?

Best you post a screenshot of the current tactic or at least some visual representation

Edited by YLSFM00

2 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Are you looking for a plug'n'play tactic or want to create a normal one?

Yes plug and play. The players are really bad so i tried for example a flat 4-4-2 with a bit of instructions but even then the opponent gets way to much xG etc.

This is my team (dont look at the tactic, just picked one)

31b1ebaf874b9b252e86bc35c447d0c0.png

Right now i play like this. This tactic should be good for LLM teams but for some reason it is not working, especially in xG chances and in away matches almost every attack is a goal for the other team.

491421cda8267da40bd635ab4517b6e7.png

Best defenders:

4bb34f4bb3e2523124d4a8cc15fb4499.png

2f4690171361dc978dd68315063bf6cd.png

Best midfielders:

2ba7676db5418b985b8adef218574396.png

b654f503ec2eab6e113657956bc08b53.png

18 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Your tactic has too many flaws and needs a complete overhaul IMO. But given that you said you want a plug'n'play tactic, let's hope some of the PnP tactical creators will notice your thread and jump in to help you :thup:

This tactic should work for these leagues but ok it isn't i guess :D Yeah that is fine by me.

That tactic isn't going to work at any level. Its a bit of a mess.

I have had major success with the following...

4-4-2.

Mentality: Balanced.

G(d)

FB(s) CB(d) CB(d) FB(s)

IW(a) CM(d) CM(s) W(s)

P(a) DF(s)

No team instructions. No player instructions. No Opposition instructions.

Only shift mentality up or down a notch if you understand what that change in aggression will do. Only add certain team instructions if you see something obvious going on. If the opposition are getting in behind you and one player always plays the pass then close that player down more. If they get in behind you from multiple passers then drop your defensive line, just as an example. But don't add instructions or make changes that you don't understand.

1 hour ago, Atarin said:

That tactic isn't going to work at any level. Its a bit of a mess.

I have had major success with the following...

4-4-2.

Mentality: Balanced.

G(d)

FB(s) CB(d) CB(d) FB(s)

IW(a) CM(d) CM(s) W(s)

P(a) DF(s)

No team instructions. No player instructions. No Opposition instructions.

Only shift mentality up or down a notch if you understand what that change in aggression will do. Only add certain team instructions if you see something obvious going on. If the opposition are getting in behind you and one player always plays the pass then close that player down more. If they get in behind you from multiple passers then drop your defensive line, just as an example. But don't add instructions or make changes that you don't understand.

I was thinking about something like this. Problem is almost every chance is a goal against us. Even with decent defenders (for this level). First game with your tactic 2-4 at home.

1 minute ago, FM86 said:

I was thinking about something like this. Problem is almost every chance is a goal against us. Even with decent defenders (for this level). First game with your tactic 2-4 at home.

What is your morale like? If the team are low on morale and/or they have low determination, work rate, team work, aggression, bravery, stamina and acceleration then there's not much any tactical system can do for you. Step 1 is to assemble a squad capable of putting in effort consistently. Step 2 is getting and keeping the squad fit and motivated. Step 3 is coming up with a system that maximises your players strengths and minimises their weaknesses. The tactic I suggested is very simple and effective and should work at almost any level and assembling a squad capable of playing that way should be very easy. If your squad is mentality and physically weak, unfit and/or unmotivated then no tactic will work.

7 minutes ago, Atarin said:

What is your morale like? If the team are low on morale and/or they have low determination, work rate, team work, aggression, bravery, stamina and acceleration then there's not much any tactical system can do for you. Step 1 is to assemble a squad capable of putting in effort consistently. Step 2 is getting and keeping the squad fit and motivated. Step 3 is coming up with a system that maximises your players strengths and minimises their weaknesses. The tactic I suggested is very simple and effective and should work at almost any level and assembling a squad capable of playing that way should be very easy. If your squad is mentality and physically weak, unfit and/or unmotivated then no tactic will work.

Second match: xG opponent 2,7! 27 shots on goal. I lowered my defence line but not working at all.

Most players in the squad right now: poor. But that is maybe because we are almost last in the league (season almost over). So i will give this tactic a try in the new season i guess?

You say: low determination, work rate, team work, aggression, bravery, stamina and acceleration then there's not much any tactical system can do for you. I cannot get any players that have decent stats for all these points so that is a problem. Most players dont wanna join as well. The ones who are willing to join have mostly 1 good stat but only 1 and thats it.

So which stats should i focus on?

20 minutes ago, FM86 said:

Second match: xG opponent 2,7! 27 shots on goal. I lowered my defence line but not working at all.

Most players in the squad right now: poor. But that is maybe because we are almost last in the league (season almost over). So i will give this tactic a try in the new season i guess?

You say: low determination, work rate, team work, aggression, bravery, stamina and acceleration then there's not much any tactical system can do for you. I cannot get any players that have decent stats for all these points so that is a problem. Most players dont wanna join as well. The ones who are willing to join have mostly 1 good stat but only 1 and thats it.

So which stats should i focus on?

You need to really focus on what each player needs as a minimum. A basic system like this will require the central defenders to have jumping, strength, aggression, bravery, positioning, marking an heading. Would you like them to have more, yes, but beggars can't be choosers. Fullbacks will need strength, aggression, bravery, positioning, marking, tackling. Again, as a minimum. Your inverted winger will need to be left footed if he's playing on the right or right footed if he's playing from the left. He'll need to have balance, acceleration, dribbling but also agility and flair if you can get it. Your regular winger will need technique, crossing, passing and if you can get it vision. The better the wingers are at defending the better your whole team will be at defending (so if you have someone with workrate, team work, aggression and bravery then even better). You CM(d) will need work rate, positioning, strength, bravery and aggression. My CM(s) is usually just whoever is my best attacking/creative central midfielder so first touch, passing, vision, long shots.etc Your DF(s) just needs to work hard so stamina, acceleration, work rate, aggression, bravery, srength.etc if you can find someone who also has passing and vision then great. Your poacher just needs anticipation, concentration, off the ball, finishing, composure, acceleration and pace.

We all need to make compromises somewhere so don't expect to find the perfect squad straight away but you should always be trying to improve the basics where you can. Start with what you can get and build from there but if your players are terrible at the basics then you need to understand that you're going to struggle until you can bring in better players.

I only play lower league (level 10 or 11 in England)*. I start with a simple system and try to assemble a squad that can do the basics. This might take a couple of seasons. I want my team to be solid, hard working and hard to beat. As you get more money and your reputation improves then you can try to add some genuine quality, maybe a DLP(d) here and a DLF(s) there.

*I also only sign newgens and from clubs local to the club I'm managing. Its just a set of rules that I use to make the game more interesting.

Edited by Atarin

5 minutes ago, Atarin said:

You need to really focus on what each player needs as a minimum. A basic system like this will require the central defenders to have jumping, strength, aggression, bravery, positioning, marking an heading. Would you like them to have more, yes, but beggars can't be choosers. Fullbacks will need strength, aggression, bravery, positioning, marking, tackling. Again, as a minimum. Your inverted winger will need to be left footed if he's playing on the right or right footed if he's playing from the left. He'll need to have balance, acceleration, dribbling but also agility and flair if you can get it. Your regular winger will need technique, crossing, passing and if you can get it vision. The better the wingers are at defending the better your whole team will be at defending (so if you have someone with workrate, team work, aggression and bravery then even better). You CM(d) will need work rate, positioning, strength, bravery and aggression. My CM(s) is usually just whoever is my best attacking/creative central midfielder so first touch, passing, vision, long shots.etc Your DF(s) just needs to work hard so stamina, acceleration, work rate, aggression, bravery, srength.etc if you can find someone who also has passing and vision then great. Your poacher just needs anticipation, concentration, off the ball, finishing, composure, acceleration and pace.

We all need to make compromises somewhere so don't expect to find the perfect squad straight away but you should always be trying to improve the basics where you can. Start with what you can get and build from there but if your players are terrible at the basics then you need to understand that you're going to struggle unto you can bring in better players.

I only play lower league (level 10 or 11 in England)*. I start with a simple system and try to assemble a squad that can do the basics. This might take a couple of seasons. I want my team to be solid, hard working and hard to beat. As you get more money and your reputation improves then you can try to add some genuine quality, maybe a DLP here and a DLF(a) there.

*I also only sign newgens and from clubs local to the club I'm managing. Its just a set of rules that I use to make the game more interesting.

Thanks for the info mate, but as i said for example: A basic system like this will require the central defenders to have jumping, strength, aggression, bravery, positioning, marking an heading. The thing is i can only scout or get players that have only 1 decent stat (10 points or higher) so where should i look out for mostly?

2 minutes ago, FM86 said:

Thanks for the info mate, but as i said for example: A basic system like this will require the central defenders to have jumping, strength, aggression, bravery, positioning, marking an heading. The thing is i can only scout or get players that have only 1 decent stat (10 points or higher) so where should i look out for mostly?

Well I can't see your scouting set up. I don't have one on my games. In the first season I just offer trials to players in the same division as me and in the reserves of the two divisions above me. I make a list of my top five targets in each position and then try to bring them in. You're not going to complete the jigsaw puzzle in one season. Get the best you can for now but be realistic. If your squad can't do the basics in season one then they're not going to storm the league. It might take you two or three seasons of incremental progress before you can get promoted. The thing is if you want guaranteed success then take over the best team in the league, use an external scout app and search the entire database for the best hidden gems and try to bring them in, don't worry about where they're from and how realistic it is. You can try and get a parent club who will loan you players (something I have never done because it feels cheaty). If you want to really grind out your successes then just accept that there's no quick fix and it'll take time but when you get it right it'll be much more satisfying.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 02/05/2021 at 18:56, FM86 said:

Guys,

Hey brother, 

I have been playing as Curzon Ashton in the Vanarama North. I adapted/simplified the Levoball tactic slightly, changed the more complex 'positions' to simpler ones (mezzala to centre midfielder, for example) and the team have overachieved - looked solid and have amazing possession stats - which have really helped to open teams up. 

Give it a go - here is the link to the thread it is on