The "Failed" Actor Challenge/Sign Up

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, mind if I join in?

I wanted to create an actor who was the right age in real life, but unable to find one that appealed to me I've gone for Daniel Radcliffe (who in real life was born in 1989).

Leagues loaded:

English - down to League 2

Scottish, Spanish, Italian, Dutch - Top divisions

I'm just going to sit back and watch how he turns out - I already have a couple of teams on the go in other saves.

This is how he starts out:

Daniel Radcliffe profile (Note: I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed of the time I took getting his profile picture right!)

I've done a little research to make him realistic, so his attributes acknowledge his Northern Irish father, his support for Fulham FC and the fact that he speaks a little Spanish. It'll be interesting to see if these influence his career at all.

Welcome to the challenge and to the forums. This picture looks ace and so do his attributes. I don't mind the realism. I had a half a***d go at making De Niro realistic. I'll put you in the table now.

The little bit of back ground actually adds an extra element to the challenge. If it effects the game in any way let me know as I will mention it in the opening post.

BTW you should be proud with the picture and I'm actually considering if it deserves the first mention in the Hall of Fame for going the extra bit further. (This isn't ignoring other people who have taken the time to put pictures in either)

2011/2012 - End of Season 4

Danny DeVito

Danny has moved on from FC Sochaux this season. Italian side Bologna have bought him for £3.7m on 08/08/2011. He signed a 3 year contract with them worth £7,500 per week (£750 more per week than he was being paid at Sochaux). He is now valued at £2.9m.

Transfer

Danny has settled in well and avoided injury at his new club. This has meant he has been a first team regular all season. He has notched up 31 appearances this season. He has scored 17 goals, got 2 assists, and 4 man of the match awards. He ended the season as Bologna's top scorer. This was helped by them only playing one up front. Danny also saw red for the first time in his career this season. Dany also got 1 more cap for the national side.

Stats

Position

Personal

Danny has shown a decent amount of improvement this year with the following attributes all rising by 1 over the course of last season:

Corners, Crossing, First Touch, Heading, Long Shots, Long Throws, Passing, Penalty Taking, Tackling, Technique, Bravery, Decisions, Influence and Strength.

It has been a good year for Danny, both stat-wise and improvement-wise.

Danny also picked up Bologna's Supporters' player of the year.

Awards

Danny has now racked up 98 appearances in his entire career. He has scored 47 goals, got 4 assists, and 8 man of the match awards. His career average rating is 7.06.

Career Stats

In Other News -

World Transfers

July 2011

Gokhan Inler has moved from Udinese to Roma for £33m

August 2011

Alessandro Rosina has moved from Torino to Manchester United for £23m

Danny Devito moved from FC Sochaux to Bologna for £3.7m

January 2012

Miguel Veloso has moved from Sporting CP to Inter Milan for £29m

Gabriel Obertan has moved from Portsmouth to Newcastle for £28m

Mikel Arteta has moved from Manchester City to Barcelona for £23m

Points So Far...

Goals (league + Cup) = 17 = 17 points

Assists = 2 = 2 points

Man of the Match Awards = 4 = 16 points

Caps = 1 = 1 point

Supporters Player of the Year = 25 points

Season Total = 61 points

Career Total = 159 points

Danny looks good. He could be approaching "Nomadic" Striker status though. I'd give him two seasons before a big side picks him up.

I don't know about that. Could be just the 1 seaosn before he's picked up. Just had a look at him, and after 2 games of the latest season he has scored 4 goals. Not too shabby. His strength and jumping are amazing too.

Hey sorry its taken so long for an update, good to see some other people coming on board though :). I'll admit Mr DeVito is beginning to worry me a bit he looks like developing very well.

2008/09 - Season 1

Bruce Willis

Personal

Transfer

Career Stats

Well for Brucey its being a season of up's and downs. It started very well a MK Dons with him netting 9 goals in 17 games. He picked his first injury up towards the end of November slightly straining his knee which meant he was out for 3 weeks. After this he wasn't to play many more games for the Dons being snapped up by West Brom for £650,000 on 15.1.09.

Whilst that is quite a good move for him the rest of the season proved to be a struggle, not managing to force his way into the first team until the last few games of the season therefore making 3 appearances for them but scoring no goals. West Brom managed to finish a very respectable 11th in the premier league so i'm actually quite optimistic of his chances next season.

On the international scene bruce is yet to break into the first team but again I feel quite optimistic with his chances for next season.

Stats

Crossing, Finishing, Long Shots, Penalty Taking, Tackling and Jumping have all seen a +1 increase.

Season Stats

MK Dons:

Appearances - 17

Goals - 9

Assists - 1

MoM - 2

Av. Rating - 6.65

West Brom:

Appearances - 3

Goals - 0

Assists - 0

MoM - 0

Av. Rating - 6.23

Points Scored

Goals: 9 points

Assists: 1 point

MoM: 8 points

Total: 18 Points

So not a brilliant points total for brucey's first season but here's hoping he does better next season. Good luck everyone!

First player to make it to the top flight properly. Danny did it with FC Sochaux, but they got relegated straight away so I dont think that counts. A loan move would be good for him, although if he improves over summer, he should get games. It'll be interesting to see what develops. He's made a friend in Roman Bednar which is nice :D

so im into April, but im going out soon, just thought i'd give you a short peek at whats happening

basicly, Beat is still at Hull, who are most likely going to get promoted.

he's scored 22 goals so far aswell for Blackpool and Hull :) ill add full points up later,

2012/2013 - End of Season 5

Danny DeVito

Despite my predictions, Danny has reamined at Bologna. He signed a new 3 year contract worth £8,750 per week, and will expire in 2015. Danny states that he is currently happy playing for the club, despite his fairly ambitious personality. His value has dropped to £2.6m.

Personal

Transfer

Danny, again, was Bolognas first choice striker for the season. He was out for a month with a dislocated shoulder in January, but other than that, he hasn't missed too many games. He managed to play 30 times, and score 19 goals whichmade him Bologna's top scorer. He also got 2 assists, and 2 man of the match awards. The 19 goals he scored this season equals his season best back in the first season. Danny also played 5 more times for USA.

Stats

Danny won the supporters player of the year again.

Awards

Danny attributes haven't really improved this season. The following attributes rose by 1:

Creatvity

The following attributes decreased by 1:

Strength

I'm a bit disappointed that his strength has fallen as this was one of his stand out features. (it still is really.)

Danny has now played 125 games in his career, and scored 64 career goals. He has 6 assists, and 10 man of the match awards too. His career average rating is 7.13.

Career Stats

In Other News -

World Transfers

July 2012

Carlos Vela moved from Arsenal to Juventus for £40m

Santiago Carzola moved from Villareal to AC Milan for £31.5m

Javi Martinez moved from Athletic to Manchester City for £26m

Salvatore Foti moved from Sampdoria to Chelsea for £24.5m

Alex Teixeira moved from Vasco to Barcelona for £23.5m

Giuseppe Rossi moved from Fiorentina to Newcaste for £23m

Steven Taylor moved from Manchester City to Roma for £21m

August 2012

Gonzalo Rodriguez moved from Villareal to AC Milan for £56m

Breno moved from Bayern Munich to AC Milan for £28.5m

Mark Gonzalez moved from Betis to Chelsea for £22m

Tomas Necid moved from CSKA Moscow to Manchester City for £21m

Madibo Diakite moved from Lazio to AC Milan for £20.5m

January 2013

Karim Benzema moved from Lyon to Real Madrid for a whopping £94m

Frederic Nimani moved from Everton to Newcastle for £23.5m

Clement Chantome moved from Paris Saint-Germain to Roma for £23.5m

Fernando Tissone moved from Udinese to Inter Milan for £23m

Euro 2012

In the European Championships of 2012 Spain came out the victor after penalties in the final against Italy.

Olympic Games 2012

Brazil picked up the gold medal, with the Ivory Coast, and Italy finishing second and third respectively.

Points So Far...

Goals (League + Cup) = 19 = 19 points

Assists = 2 = 2 points

Man of the Match Awards = 2 = 8 points

Caps = 5 = 5 points

Supporters Player of the Year = 1= 25 points

Season Total = 59 points

Career Total = 218 points

N.B. I missed that Danny had won the supporters player of the year last season and he won it this season too at Bologna. I will edit the posts accordingly.

End of Season 1 - 2008/09

Robert De Niro

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Career Stats

Points So Far...

Goals (League + Cup) = 25 = 25 points

Assists = 3 = 3 points

Man of the Match Awards = 10 = 40 points

Caps = 2 = 2 points

Fans Player of Season - 15 points

Season Total = 85 points

Career Total = 85 points

So not a bad season for him. He is wanted by several teams as you can see but as of the 30th of June he hasn't moved yet. If I'd done the screenshots on the 1st of July I would have had 6 caps and a goal. :(

Season 2 End - 09/10 - Beat Takeshi

Personal

Transfer

Career Stats - Blackpool Hull

again, no player of the month or anything :( and very unlikely he'll play in the world cup or anything

also, Hull didnt get promoted, i bet he moves again in the january transfer window :p

Points this season - 39

Points Overall - 63

pretty sure this is right, also England won the World Cup 4-1 v Argentina haha

Season 1 End - 2008/09 - Daniel Radcliffe

Daniel started strongly and at Christmas he had a highly commendable goal to game ratio of 0.5. In January he signed a 1 year contract extension which saw his salary increase to £1,700 per week. He was also called up to the England Under 19 squad, for whom he has scored 2 goals.

As the season drew on however, he seemed to tire, and although he continued to perform reasonably well, he was no longer as prolific as he had been. Nevertheless, his total of 17 goals from 46 games was enough to establish him as MK Dons' top scorer for the 08/09 season. He also briefly held the club record for fastest goal by netting in 1min 15sec, but was later outdone by teammate Flavien Belson.

The Dons found themselves stuck in a fierce relegation battle which continued until the final day. In the last match of the season Daniel was a crucial part of the build-up play to the single winning goal which guaranteed the team's safety, although the result was ultimately academic in view of Hartlepool's 2-1 defeat. MK Dons finished 19th in the table, 4 points clear of the drop-zone.

He settled in well at the club, establishing a good relationship with manager Di Matteo and was held in high regard by many of his teammates. Nevertheless, he is an ambitious fellow and, having attracted the attention of six clubs, he opted to sign for Hearts* on 21 June. The transfer fee was £525k and his salary has doubled to £3,400.

I am thrilled to report that young Mr. Radcliffe is now attracting a great deal of media interest, and is being hailed as the new Michael Owen!:D My only real disappointment is the timing of his transfer. I think the fact that he moved before the fans had voted for their player of the year may have cost me 25pts!:rolleyes:

Screenies

Season Stats

Personal

Transfer

Points Scored

Goals scored (league/cup): 17 = 17pts

Assists: 3 = 3pts

Man of the Match awards: 2 = 8pts

Snitches caught: None

Total = 28pts

Attribute changes

+1

Corners, Dribbling, First Touch, Free Kick Taking, Heading, Long Shots, Long Throws, Marking, Passing, Tackling, Technique, Anticipation, Bravery, Composure, Decisions, Influence, Off The Ball, Positioning, Teamwork, Stamina

+2

Strength

In Other News

Liverpool were crowned Premier League champions with two games left to play, after leading from day one.

Chelsea put in a strong finish to an otherwise poor season but it proved too little, too late as they finshed in 5th place behind Tottenham.

Arsenal won a cup double by defeating Barcelona and Aston Villa to win the Champions League and FA Cup respectively.

Luca Toni won the Striker, World Footballer and Euro Footballer of 2008 awards. Cristiano Ronaldo won World Player of the Year. Torres was the runner up for all four.

Major Transfers

Marek Hamsik from Napoli to Manchester City - £31.5m

Jeremy Toulalan from Lyon to Real Madrid - £30m

Darijo Srna from Shakhtar to Chelsea - £26m

*(Hearts finished the 08/09 season in a disappointing 6th place, but were runners up in both domestic cup competitions, so fingers are crossed for the new season.)

i just joined these boards, saw your challenge, then i said "i want to do this for sure!"

only one thing. I'll take Arnold Schwarzenegger, if you don't mind.

bio will come shortly.

I'll be back.

EDIT: is it possible i could choose the club? if you don't want me to, then i don't have to keep score.

i'll do it on my own.

is it possible i could choose the club? if you don't want me to, then i don't have to keep score.

i'll do it on my own.

Hey Bubba, welcome to the boards. To be counted on the scoreboard you'd have to put Arnie in MK Dons. I really hope you reconsider putting him elsewhere. He'd be a good addition to the challenge roster. You could run the Austrian league alongside and see if his nationality influences his career moves. You could make him a Graz fan too, and see what effect that has.

Leagues Loaded - England (Down to League 2), Germany (Second Division and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Spain (Liga adelante and above)

Bruce Willis

So here we go again, Bruce seems to have a bit of a better spread of stats this time which i'm quite happy about. His physical stats are all pretty decent and he has good heading and long shots.

Personal

Transfer

Positions

Again, like last time, he's attracting the interest of some championship sides so it may not be long before Bruce is on the move. So i'm holidaying now and i'm quite optimistic for a good first season from him, it will need to be after DeNiro's barnstormer :p.

Hey Bubba, welcome to the boards. To be counted on the scoreboard you'd have to put Arnie in MK Dons. I really hope you reconsider putting him elsewhere. He'd be a good addition to the challenge roster. You could run the Austrian league alongside and see if his nationality influences his career moves. You could make him a Graz fan too, and see what effect that has.

I'm with ajcham it would be great if u could play him with MK Dons. If you wanted you could always have another save where u play him at another club.

Was just reading through Radcliffe's first season ajcham and he's done quite well, bit gutting about that potential 25 points lost though :p

I think I'll definitely do this. I'll have Samuel L Jackson if that's okay.

Sorry to sound "rude" seeing as this isn't mine to make rules or whatever, but I think it would've been slightly better if everyone had have made their players (or should I say actors? :p) more realistic. So their height, perhaps personal attributes which could be carried out through research, personal opinion and/or maybe the type of characters they play (problem with this being that it may cause an advantage or disadvantage I guess, favoured clubs (if any), etc, could have been accurate. Obviously with age being the exception. I saw whoever made Daniel Radcliffe did some research, and I think I'll do the same, but I wont do personal attributes as that may hinder or enhance my player.

I did a tiny bit of research for Bruce finding our where he was born lol (which was Germany funnily enough) but other then that I can see the merits of some of what you suggested. I think Blowupcrap was considering doing this again where you could be any position if this thread was a success so maybe thats someone that could be considered for that.

Hi Kertiz, and welcome to the game.

I'm the guy doing the Radcliffe game. I'm not sure what the consensus is on the board, nor can I speak for BlowCrapUp who is the ultimate adjudicator on what is kosher. However, IMOO, aside from age and playing attributes I feel that the player data is pretty much open to how you want to set it, although you should be able to justify your choices - for instance languages, additional nationalities, favoured clubs, height, weight.

Another attribute to watch for is footedness - it seems that common practice is to choose a strong foot and set to max, leaving the other at random. Some of the players seem to have acquired a reasonably good opposite foot, but for me Daniel is hopelessly one-footed.

As regards your changes giving potential advantages, I reckon that's kind of the point here - there'd be no point in us just running a bunch of clones in our games to see who comes out on top. Although you shouldn't shy away from modifications that may be disadvantageous either.

For instance Daniel may have an advantage as a result of his basic grasp of Spanish, in that it may help him land a contract at a big La Liga club some day. On the other hand he is very short and sleight, and the game appears to have reflected this in his low jumping and strength stats, which is an obvious disadvantage.

Also, nationality is very important. Those playing Americans for example are finding their players getting senior caps very quickly. I expect Daniel will have a much tougher time getting into the senior England squad. Of course, should he do so, he stands a much greater chance of winning the World Cup, so this provides an interesting contrast.

In summary these are the attributes I tailored for Daniel, and my reasons why:

Height: 170cm (Internet sources conflict over whether Daniel is 5ft6 or 5ft8 - unable to resolve this I set him in between)

Weight: 75kg (Another Internet source identified this as his weight)

Second Nationality: Northern Irish (His father was from Northern Ireland - this hasn't affected my game as he has now represented England at U19 level, so is declared for his nation.)

Languages: English 10, Spanish 4 (A Radcliffe bio identified that he speaks 'a little' Spanish. Obviously this is difficult to quantify - I tried 4 which I found renders in the game as 'Basic Spanish'. This seemed appropriate so I've left it at that.

Favoured clubs: Fulham - 100% (Plenty of sources corroborate that Daniel is a Fulham fan.)

Feet: Right- Max, Left - Random (As Harry Potter, he wields his wand in his right hand. I know handedness and footedness don't always match, but it's the best I could do when deciding to favour his left or right!)

EDIT:

I seem to have forgotten about the personality attributes (Adaptibility, Ambition etc.), and now realise these are probably what you were mostly referring to. I would agree that it is probably best not to mess with these, as any figures would be very subjective. For the record, I did not edit these for Daniel; they were left at random.

bit gutting about that potential 25 points lost though :p

Tell me about it. The worst thing is he was on holiday when the deal went through!:o

If he had just enjoyed his holiday like a normal person and waited until he got back, the vote would have been over and done with and, who knows, maybe he would have won. The actual winner was the second highest goalscorer behind Radcliffe and had a slightly inferior average rating - so I think the lad would have been a good bet.

Ho-hum, these things happen. In any case the media comments about him cheered me up no end!

i guess it's no problem after all. i'll just be happy with arnold at MK Dons :)

I think I'll definitely do this. I'll have Samuel L Jackson if that's okay.

Sorry to sound "rude" seeing as this isn't mine to make rules or whatever, but I think it would've been slightly better if everyone had have made their players (or should I say actors? :p) more realistic. So their height, perhaps personal attributes which could be carried out through research, personal opinion and/or maybe the type of characters they play (problem with this being that it may cause an advantage or disadvantage I guess, favoured clubs (if any), etc, could have been accurate. Obviously with age being the exception. I saw whoever made Daniel Radcliffe did some research, and I think I'll do the same, but I wont do personal attributes as that may hinder or enhance my player.

I did a little bit of research for De Niro hence why it has his full name and place of birth. I couldn't find his weight but his height is right. It looks like many people involved have done a little bit of research and their players reflect this.

The point of not telling people it had to be realistic was it might put off people who are not confident using the editor. So far the problem hasn't come up but it would be easier from them to simple set the name, nationality and attribrutes for the first time round. I was tempted to say it had to be realistic at the start but the aim of the challenge is to enjoy telling others about the progress off your actor. If an expanded version of this is run then I will consider some kind of rule/incentive to make the player as realistic as possible.

To the players who have just joined welcome. Your names will be reserved but I won't put you in the table until there is an screenshot of their starting profile (or end of season profile if you have already got that far)

ajcham: I did consider doing it at the start but I didn't realise people would fly through this so fast. I've done it now though.

bubba: You need to start at MK Dons as starting somewhere else may effect the random attributes of your player. Of course you are free after starting to release him/transfer him to yuor club of choice.

End of Season 1 - 2008/09

Bruce Willis

Personal

Transfer

Career Stats

Well like last time the season started very well for Bruce at MK Dons scoring 10 goals in 17 games, he picked up 5 MoM awards and also League 1 player of the month award for October. However, come January the Dons could no longer hold on to him and he was snapped up by high flying Bristol City in the Championship for £600,000.

Here Bruce started on fire scoring 2 goals in his first 2 games but then disaster struck with him tearing his calf muscle, leading him to be out of action for 3/4 months. He managed to make it back for the playoff final though against Birmingham and despite not scoring he played an important part in the sides 1-0 victory over Birmingham. So Bruce is going to be playing Premier League football next season, unless he makes another move of course.

Stats Increase

Unfortunately there was no stats increase for Bruce this season, probably due the lengthy injury he sustained.

Season Stats

MK Dons:

Appearances - 17

Goals - 10

Assists - 1

MoM - 5

Av Rating - 6.98

Player of Month Award - 1

Bristol City:

Appearances: 3

Goals: 2

Assists - 0

MoM - 0

Av Rating - 6.90

Player of Month Awards - 0

Points Scored

Goals - 12 points

Assists - 1 point

MoM - 20 points

Player of Month Awards - 15 points

Total: 48 Points

There seems to be a large increase in the nterest of this thread today which is always nice to see, so welcome everyone!!

With regards to the research about the actors, I realised that i'd forgotten to do this in the middle of season 2 and now regret it, but i didn't want to start again. This is why DeVito has ended up 6'2" which is a tad optimistic.

Anywho, this thread has really come to life. Top stuff :thup:

There seems to be a large increase in the nterest of this thread today which is always nice to see, so welcome everyone!!

With regards to the research about the actors, I realised that i'd forgotten to do this in the middle of season 2 and now regret it, but i didn't want to start again. This is why DeVito has ended up 6'2" which is a tad optimistic.

Anywho, this thread has really come to life. Top stuff :thup:

I didn't expect it to get this many people this quickly. It normally takes until after Xmas or until people complete/get bored of the big challenges (Dafuge, Gundo's etc.) although Gundo's doesn't seem as big this year.

End of season 2 - 2009/10

History - shows his few goals this season for MK Dons. :(

Points So Far...

Goals (League + Cup) = 2 = 2 points

Caps = 15 = 15 points

Int goals = 5 = 15 points

Season Total = 32 points

Career Total = 117 points

I did holiday it a bit to far on this one asI wanted to get the world cup points out of the way.

2013/2014 - End of Season 6

Danny DeVito

It hasn't been the best of years for Danny. He has only managed to score a handful of goals, and he is starting to make sub appearances rather than be a starter. This hasn't been helped by the fact that Bologna have signed a new striker who looks set to become Bolognas first choice up front. However, on an international level it has been a very good year for Danny. He has finally got off the mark for his country.

Danny has played 33(3) games this season, and only scored 6 goals. He has also got 1 man of the match award. Danny has got 7 caps this year and scored 4 goals for his country.

This now takes his career tally upto 159 games played, 70 goals, 6 assists and 11 man of the match awards. His average rating is 6.99. Danny now has 21 caps, and has scored 4 international goals.

Career Stats

His value is now £2.9m, and he has signed another new contract worth £11,500 per week, and this ends in 2017.

Transfer

Danny can now speak 3 languages - English, French, and Italian.

Danny is not happy at Bologna. He is willing to remain at the club, but is considerin his options. Hopefully, this will spell the end of his career at Bologna as I fear his nose is going to be pushed out.

Personal

The following attributes have improved by 1:

Marking and Agility.

Danny was helpless to help Bologna finish bottom of Serie A this season, and so that is 2 relegations in his footballing lifetime.

Serie A

In Other News -

World Transfers

July 2013

Giovanni Dos Santos has moved from Tottenham to Barcelona for £29.5m

Alex Teixeira has moved from Barcelona to Bayern Munich for £23.5m

January 2014

Alex Wright (Regen) has moved from A.S. Saint-Etienne to Valencia for £26m

World Cup 2014

U.S.A did very well.

They were drawn in a really tough group with Turkey, Brazil and U.A.E

Turkey topped the group with U.S.A second meaning Brazil crashed out in 3rd place.

U.S.A managed to beat Colombia in the second round, and then France in the quarter finals (Both 1-0) to progress through to the semis. They were drawn up against Italy, who beat them 2-0. U.S.A then won the third place playoff against Holland 2-0 to finish, you've guessed it, third.

I was so hoping they would win it, but third is respectable.

China have been announced as hosts for the 2022 world cup.

Points So Far...

Goals (League + Cup) = 6 = 6 points

Man of the Match awards = 1 = 4 points

Caps = 7 = 7 points

International Goals = 4 = 12 points

Season Total = 29 points

Career Total = 247 points

p.s. I hate typing with cold hands....

Archived