Frequency of 5-star potential youth at each position

In FM20 I swear the game generates twice as many 5-star potential strikers as any other position, with Wingers in 2nd and virtually 0 all-world center backs or center mids.  I experienced this over the case of many years, was this just an anomaly or is it true for others as well?  If so, is it still the case in FM21, and should it be changed, or do you all like it?  Personally, I wish they popped up at an equal rate at each position.  

The stars represent your staffs PERCEIVED current/potential ability IN RELATION to other players. Not the player's actual ability. Also young attacking players are always more hyped than defensive players so SI perhaps want to represent that in the game by building in some kind of bias in the PPA (perceived potential ability) algorithm. It would make some kind of sense.

On 07/05/2021 at 03:18, splishysplash123 said:

In FM20 I swear the game generates twice as many 5-star potential strikers as any other position, with Wingers in 2nd and virtually 0 all-world center backs or center mids.  I experienced this over the case of many years, was this just an anomaly or is it true for others as well?  If so, is it still the case in FM21, and should it be changed, or do you all like it?  Personally, I wish they popped up at an equal rate at each position.  

But more attacking players are seen as better or higher potential as a young player in real life, why would FM be different?

If you name the biggest prospects in World football right now, how many would be defenders compared to strikers?

3 hours ago, Grifty said:

But more attacking players are seen as better or higher potential as a young player in real life, why would FM be different?

If you name the biggest prospects in World football right now, how many would be defenders compared to strikers?

Also stars take into account the form of the current player so if you have a young player that is playing very well in the youth league where he is too good to be at like scoring a goal every game his star rating will go more than his actual ability. Attacking players has a natural advantage over defenders in terms of form. I have seen a player going from 3 star to 5 star due to good form alone.

that's a simple way to judge youngsters, from my experience if you see the a generic price asked maybe you can get an idea of the real potential, if the owner team don't want to sell there's a lot of potential out there.