Can you help me create something like jose mourinho 4-2-3-1 tactic. I'm trying to play with a duo at the 4-2-3-1 dm position, but I'm having some issues with Pl's and TI's. Can you help me?

Here, you can use this video from football made simple youtube channel for a starting point for the first half of the season Spurs under The Special One.

I greatly admire Mourinho's commitment to sticking to his principles (despite prevailing football trends and unfair criticism from pundits and fans) and creating well-balanced tactical systems.

To say the least, he inspired my own tactics as a virtual manager. Actually something I've been working on recently in my Swiss Knife thread on this forum.

But speaking of helpful videos, here is another one that has inspired my own tactical ideas 

Enjoy! 

1 hour ago, zabyl said:

Here, you can use this video from football made simple youtube channel for a starting point for the first half of the season Spurs under The Special One.

1 hour ago, crusadertsar said:

I greatly admire Mourinho's commitment to sticking to his principles (despite prevailing football trends and unfair criticism from pundits and fans) and creating well-balanced tactical systems.

To say the least, he inspired my own tactics as a virtual manager. Actually something I've been working on recently in my Swiss Knife thread on this forum.

But speaking of helpful videos, here is another one that has inspired my own tactical ideas 

Enjoy! 

Thanks for the videos, it helped me change PI and roles.but I think I have some trouble with Özil's role.I am trying to establish a system similar to the Madrid formation.We're so lost in the amc role.Do you have any roles and PI recommendations for amc?

You need to see how the attacking midfielders explore the space, and try to have them occupy different areas.

If you have for example two wingers and an advanced forward then you'll have pockets of space for the AMC to occupy in the central area, behind the striker. 

If you have for example inside wingers and a deep-lying forward then the AMC could be a shadow striker to make runs into the box.

19 minutes ago, gokalpcakir1 said:

Thanks for the videos, it helped me change PI and roles.but I think I have some trouble with Özil's role.I am trying to establish a system similar to the Madrid formation.We're so lost in the amc role.Do you have any roles and PI recommendations for amc?

I wouldn't use anything other than Trequartista in AMC role. But make sure it's a player with very good workrate and teamwork to link better with the rest of the midfield and not just drift around as defined by the role's default instructions.

But if you use a Treq you definitely cannot have both wide players cutting inside.

Edited by crusadertsar

the final version of my tactic

PIs;

Bpd: Dribble more, Close down less

Cd:Close down less

Dms:Close down more, mark tighter

IF:Roam from position, sit narrower, Close down more, mark tighter

IW:Take more risk, stay wider, close down more , mark tighter

CF:Close down more, mark tighter

I am indecisive between volante and anchorman

image.thumb.png.d168289f5d074634e6a893d8fcd0a03d.png

6 minutes ago, gokalpcakir1 said:

PIs;

Honestly I'd be suprised if this works. I've found that wide attacking midfielders are sort of useless in low blocks in FM, they become far too easy to play through.

What didn't you like about the first tactic? Results or was it that it wasn't close enough to Mourinho?

You'd probably find that you get better results if you drag the attacking midfield trio down to the CM strata when using a low LOE and DLine.

Edited by Jack722

6 minutes ago, gokalpcakir1 said:

PIs;

Wow you were able to get Tonali and Brenner for Galatasaray?! :thup:

5 minutes ago, Jack722 said:

Dürüst olmak gerekirse, bu işe yararsa şaşırırdım. FM'deki düşük bloklarda geniş hücum orta saha oyuncularının bir nevi faydasız olduğunu buldum, oynaması çok kolay hale geldi.

İlk taktiğin nesini beğenmedin? Sonuçlar mı yoksa Mourinho'ya yeterince yakın değil miydi?

Düşük LOE ve DLine kullanırken saldıran orta saha üçlüsünü CM katmanlarına sürüklerseniz muhtemelen daha iyi sonuçlar elde edeceğinizi göreceksiniz.

yes my first tactic was not very close to mourinho. I can try to get the players in the dm layer to the front and make the anchorman b2b

5 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Galatasaray için Tonali ve Brenner'ı alabildiniz mi ?! : thup:

Assuming I have made more than 100 Galatasaray careers, tonali is a name I can only get for the 2nd or 3rd time but brenner joined me in most of my careers after the first season.

49 minutes ago, gokalpcakir1 said:

Do you have any roles and PI recommendations for amc?

AMC with roaming PI. I think that Mourinho gave him the freedom to play his game. You can create similar type of player with PPMs like tries killer balls, dictates tempo with required attributes which can mirror his game when he was a Madridista.

6 hours ago, zabyl said:

AMC with roaming PI. I think that Mourinho gave him the freedom to play his game. You can create similar type of player with PPMs like tries killer balls, dictates tempo with required attributes which can mirror his game when he was a Madridista.

I will try this too, thanks for your answers, after playing my Bayern Munich match, I will add the statistics about the tactics, even if there is a friendly match, we can create a preliminary opinion.

There was a head-to-head game until 60 minutes, as 2 DM s the tactics were working better, because it was a friendly match, after I changed my entire squad, a little quality difference emerged.

image.thumb.png.1862b7d65b5236d4c87b63a05d4cd879.png

image.thumb.png.0ea0a40a66531183b4e48c06ad2f5567.png

Because my number 11 player was injured early, she is well positioned in the image, but instead the player is in line with player number 13

The best suited for the Khedira role is volante, but dlp goes too far so I'll try a half back there. When I reviewed the arbeloa profile in the previous series, I thought it was more suitable for wb (d) and I will reduce some PI's. I will update the topic again at the end of the season, thanks for all your help.

Edited by gokalpcakir1
qq

For a Mourinho inspired tactic, as well as a club of Galatasaray's stature, I think the defensive line and LOE are off in the version last posted. Personally I'd opt for a higher defensive line + standard LOE against most opposition, then standard DL and lower LOE against better opposition. Unless your defenders are very slow of course.

For the double pivot, I'd be inclined towards say a DM(De) on the left, to give cover for that very vulnerable flank. I would further tick Takes More Risks if I had a creative Xabi Alonso type there. Right side you could opt for a volante or DM(Su). DM(Su) would give you a bit more stability but maybe you have a box to box type player so volante could be fine.

Treq's a good shout at AMC but I've been souring on the role lately so I'd probably opt for Zabyl's suggestion there.

Edited by NotSoSpecialOne

The scores I got for the rest of the season.Although we had a good season, we should not forget that I have a very high quality team compared to the teams in the league so I think there are deficiencies in tactics.Coming to the champions league, we just closed and waited for Brenner to write our fate.I cannot say that I am very satisfied with the game

image.thumb.png.2dc211e7294f2bfaedc137a5ee1a73a2.png

image.thumb.png.dfc896bbecc22603679f326bd8ce1728.png

players' contribution to the score

image.thumb.png.27cb15ee51325648d246e07c6c78c109.png

I plan to add pressure and pace for the next season because I have difficulty with the teams in my league waiting behind, but in the big teams it is difficult to overcome our defense. I am waiting for your comments, would highlighting the tempo and pressure make us weak against big teams?