International Squad

I've just noticed a strange situation with the German national team. I'm currently in the year 2026 managing Dortmund and I noticed my 25 year old, £63Million valued, starting right back, Josha Vagnoman, has 0 caps for the national team. Out of curiosity I checked the squad to see who was keeping him out, only to discover the entire squad was made up of greyed out new-gens, which I call placeholder players, normally seen when a squad not in the database doesn't have enough real players loaded in.

Furthermore, the German team doesn't show up on the Job Centre or Job Security pages. They also still have a vast majority of well known German players to choose from, such as Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, Kai Havertz, Timo Werner or Leroy Sane.

I also checked this immediately before, and immediately after the team was due to play a world cup qualifier against Latvia, which they won, whilst not having any real players in the squad.

I was wandering if anyone else has seen anything similar, I haven't posted this as a bug as I'm sure it's most likely to be something I've done.

This is due to a licensing issue. I think SI doesn't have the rights to use some football brands. If your save is entirely vanilla, it should be the same as German for Japan and South Korea I think ? Juventus as well, the Brazilian teams with a 3 letters name... This isn't a bug, so you've done nothing wrong here.

I confirm that this is due to licensing issues, so it is not a bug.  If you check out some of the unofficial FM websites I am sure that you will find a solution, but unfortunately we can't discuss it here.

• FrazT locked this topic