Getting a player back onside

I'm in the 2022/23 season with Manchester United, and after I let Edinson Cavani's contract run down - who was great for me (scored the winning goal in Champions League final in my first season against PSG!), but would've been nearly 37 at the end of this season - I bought Patrik Schick as a replacement of sorts. Anyway, when I signed him one of the promises was that I'd sign a great defender. I'd already pre-signed Raphael Varane to come in the summer and I'd thought that'd be enough (rusty on the game). But ever since the transder window has shut his morale has been akin to a petulant child.

Any ideas of how to get him back onside?

I think my defence is good. I have Harry Maguire, Pau Torres, Raphael Varane, Axel Tuanzebe, Victor Lindelof, Alex Telles (a revelation for me), Luke Shaw, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Plus I have Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams out on loan. And I have a re-gen who looks like he could be the new Rio Ferdinand coming through.

You'd think that Schick would trust me, as in my two seasons at Manchester United, I've won the Champions League and was runners-up last season; won the Premier League and was runners-up last season; won the FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Community Shield; and the FIFA Club World Cup.

Edited by longdon

On 20/05/2021 at 10:22, longdon said:

I'm in the 2022/23 season with Manchester United, and after I let Edinson Cavani's contract run down - who was great for me (scored the winning goal in Champions League final in my first season against PSG!), but would've been nearly 37 at the end of this season - I bought Patrik Schick as a replacement of sorts. Anyway, when I signed him one of the promises was that I'd sign a great defender. I'd already pre-signed Raphael Varane to come in the summer and I'd thought that'd be enough (rusty on the game). But ever since the transder window has shut his morale has been akin to a petulant child.

Any ideas of how to get him back onside?

I think my defence is good. I have Harry Maguire, Pau Torres, Raphael Varane, Axel Tuanzebe, Victor Lindelof, Alex Telles (a revelation for me), Luke Shaw, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Plus I have Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams out on loan. And I have a re-gen who looks like he could be the new Rio Ferdinand coming through.

You'd think that Schick would trust me, as in my two seasons at Manchester United, I've won the Champions League and was runners-up last season; won the Premier League and was runners-up last season; won the FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Community Shield; and the FIFA Club World Cup.

Just make sure he doesn't become any unhappier - play him regularly, interact with him (if you can) - eventually his unhappiness will go as long as he doesn't have anything else to be concerned with.

Because this type of promise is impossible to quantify, it is the most difficult to satisfy.  As long as his performances have not dropped, I wouldn't worry too much and if you get the chance , give him some praise if deserved- he should come out of his unhappiness without further incident