Blue info banner after goals

moonprince

Hi everyone,

There is a tiny little issue that bothers me for the last years. Since it's a really tiny one I might seem rather obsessive :) But I think it harms the spirit of the game and I wonder what you think.

In the last versions of FM we directly see a blue info banner of the goalscorer right after the ball passes over the goal line. In the previous versions (probably until FM17) the info about the goalscorer (and the assist) appeared a few seconds after the goal. It's like we used to enjoy the moment when the ball meet the nets with the traditional blinking "GOAL FOR XYZ" commentary. We used to check the movement of the assistant ref to see if the goal was valid, etc. But newer versions took that anxious waiting away from us, haha. But more importantly, when the blue banner does not appear, we instantly know that the goal definitely will not count (unless it's an own goal or a penalty). Thus I suggest that blue banner (or an info box) should be shown at least a few seconds after the goal and also should not be a instant indicator of a valid goal.

Edited by moonprince