Training Idea:Going backwards is best way of going forwards

This is just an idea so all you that actually like the training in FM don't jump down my throat.

It may be because i don't fully understand it and just leave my training on General and set my coaches with that but i don't think it is realistic, i remember years back when you had to set the daily training sessions ie; training matches, piggy in the middle, fitness training, weight training and so on, i really enjoyed that because it was more like real life, if you go and watch you team train you will see them doing all those things.

Tactics is about as realistic as you can get it and i really enjoy playing about with the tactics, but as for training and like i said it could be that i don't understand it just seems to have gone from very interesting to very bland and unlike real life.

I just wish that there was someone who could fill me in on the whole aspect of training as it was always something i enjoyed tinkering with in past game's until it was changed in the FM series of games.

I prefer the tactics as they are because in the game I set the tactics individually for each position, so obviously attacking and shooting for the strikers will be on intensive so that I get the best benefit.

If I remember correctly...when I tried to set individual training methods for each position I'd end up with only one or two of the training routines, which would work out best for training strikers / midfielders etc, and that would increase the litlle green bars enough....this is equally as unrealistic.

If I tried to be realistic and ask my players to perform each of the training routines and rest on the Sunday the green bars wouldn't raise and I wouldn't get the best out of my players, training wise.

So, for me I like the current format.

Thanks for the reply Jase1982

I never really had any trouble getting the greenbars to increase on the older training, although that was after coming to terms with that module at the time.

Am planning to have a good look at the training thing as want to get back into it as it is something i have neglected to fiddle with over the last few releases, obviously the more i understand about it the more i will probably come to love it.

Archived