Academy Manager Role for FM22!!

LBall94_

So in football there are multiple roles within the Academy, Such as Head of Youth Development, Academy Manager, Head of Player Development, Assistant Head of Player Development and Head of Coaching to name a few, but in FM there is only 1 main role for the Academies which is Head of Youth Development.

In FM21 I've seen Academy Manager's roles be Loan Manager, First Team Coach, U23 Coach, U18 Coach and even Technical Director, Here are some examples..

• Ben Bartlett is Head of Academy Coaching for Fulham - In Game he's a First Team Coach. Huw Jennings is Academy Director for Fulham, So in FM22 Huw Jennings would be Academy Manager & Ben Bartlett would be Head of Youth Development instead of First Team Coach.
  • Nicky Butt was Head of First Team Development for Man Utd - In Game he's Technical Director. Nick Cox is Head of Academy, Not sure who would take which role out of these two, But Nicky Butt was definitely not the Technical Director for Man Utd which is I highlighted this as a good example.
  • Ben Dawson is Head of Coaching for Newcastle - In Game he's also Technical Director. Joe Joyce was Academy Manager for Newcastle (Replaced by Steve Harper Recently). So Ben Dawson can be Head of Youth Development instead of Technical Director.
  • Matt Hale is Academy Director for Southampton - In Game he's the Loan Manager.
  • Dean Rastrick is Academy Manager for Tottenham.

They are just a few of my examples just from the Premier League why I think the role Academy Manager should be added into FM22. The role could be a Director of Football/Technical Director but for the Academies. Using the abilities a Director of Football/Technical Director would use for the First Team but with the added ability of Working with Youngsters.

Also not all clubs would need to hire an Academy Manager, Just like not all clubs hire a Technical Director in Game, Should be the clubs choice.

I think this is a must for FM22, Hopefully you do too. Thanks Guys.

Like I said he would be the Technical Director of the Academy, Hiring Staff, Firing Staff and dealing with New Contracts, Head of Youth can be used in Training Schedule for the Academies but Academy Manager shouldn't. The Academy Manager strictly deals with the Academy off-field Business. Head of Youth can be used on-field in training/matches.

It could also be the same argument as what does the Technical Director role add that the Director of Football couldn't do, Same as Director of Football and Chief Scout, I think if the role exists in real life and most teams have one then it should be in the game, It also stops coaches having the wrong job title in game which bugs me :lol:.