Profitability of Friendlies

glengarry224

Hi,

Again, great game.  And even more appreciated during pandemic!

This refers to my post in the General forum, link below.  My request is that the game provide more information about how profitable a friendly will be.  The "Fee" and "Income" information is incomplete, and many players misunderstand it.   Best would be a projected profitability number, so we don't have to spend time trying to figure it out.

Home friendly profitability Stated Income - Stated Fee.  More accurately:

Home Profitability = Gate Receipts + Match Day Income + Corporate Facilities Income - Stated Fee - Match Day Expenses - Tax. 

And there is no way for us to know what the Match Day Expenses might be.  Also, although Gate Receipts + Match Day Income + Corporate Facilities Income is usually is more than the Stated Income was, nevertheless, Match Day Expenses and Taxes usually more than wipe out the higher amounts, and most Home Friendlies are >20% less profitable than expected.   [I understand that Stated Income was a projection]

Away friendly profitability Stated Income - Stated Fee; Stated Income; and Stated Fee.  Rather:

Away profitability = Stated Income + Gate (small away portion) - Travel Expenses - Tax.  Stated Fee doesn't appear to apply.  And, again, there is no way for us to know what the Travel Expenses will be.  And the club would know this, in advance.

Thanks!