Training for In Game Situations

Can I actually use training to help improve my players with in game situations they struggle with?

For instance, if my team is struggling to defend ball over the top or aerial crosses will it help for me to schedule an aerial defense training.

If my team is struggling to make penalties will it help to schedule a penalty training?

Thanks for any advice!

30 minutes ago, hotrod4490 said:

Can I actually use training to help improve my players with in game situations they struggle with?

For instance, if my team is struggling to defend ball over the top or aerial crosses will it help for me to schedule an aerial defense training.

If my team is struggling to make penalties will it help to schedule a penalty training?

Thanks for any advice!

Training those schedules won't bring immediate benefits but in the longer term as they increase the relevant attributes, they will so long as you build those schedules in regularly. If you want an improvement for the upcoming match, you use the match preparation programs.

• 1 month later...
On 03/06/2021 at 09:23, hotrod4490 said:

Thanks for any advice!

Yes, specific sessions will help to fix specific problems, but it may take a couple of weeks at least (if you add one of these sessions each week).

I add these remedial sessions all of the time ("defend corners" to stop silly goals; "chance conversion" to improve scoring chances; "tactics" to improve squad integration, etc, typically one customized session per week; rarely two of the same session in the same week).

There are match prep sessions that affect the 'upcoming match'. Those sessions affect the next match.

5 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

"chance conversion" to improve scoring chances;

A session like this will not affect the upcoming match, but rather attributes so is a long term fix rather than 'fixing' any immediate in-match situations.