Assistant Manager Takes Control of More Matches

nick1408

I play another sports management game on occasion (Cricket Captain). One of the features is that I can take charge of only the match type I wish to - I can choose to take control of First Class, T20 or One day matches (or any combination of the three). Football Manager currently has a similar feature of the Assistant taking control of friendlies. Currently I am playing as Red Bull Salzburg. I have would of liked the ability for the assistant to take charge of league and cup matches and I only control Champions League matches. I'm sure some users would like their assistant to take charge of cups in other leagues and only control league matches so it isn't unfeasible that this may be an option used in more than just niche situations. 

Do I need to raise this in the general features request area to?

Bit more of a thought on this - it may be a version of 'Director of Football' lite that people have been asking for. Not quite the whole hog of Director of Football (e.g. you wouldn't be appointing managers as an example) but a bit of a closer step.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to put in your request. I appreciate what you've mentioned is slightly different but just so you're aware, you can currently holiday through matches you don't want to play and they'll be handed over to your assistant manager.

4 hours ago, Abdullah Patel said:

Thanks for taking the time to put in your request. I appreciate what you've mentioned is slightly different but just so you're aware, you can currently holiday through matches you don't want to play and they'll be handed over to your assistant manager.

Yeah, I get that - it’s what I did in the Salzburg save I mentioned. You can also holiday through friendlies but the option is there to automate the process.