Recruitment meetings

How do people usually use these meetings?

As I look after scouting myself I usually have all the scouts out on assignments (I think I have 16 at the moment) in different regions, therefore when it comes to recommendations I rarely get any suggestions. As an example, I may have 3 or 4 positions in the list but they'll only show potential signing for the 1st one. However, surely the DOF/Recruitment Analysts/Performance Analysts and Chief Scout should offer something else? Again, there are plenty of staff members at the club in those roles.

Do other people get many scouting recommendations? Is it better to keep some scouts free so they can make suggestions and provide shorter-term scouting options?

Does anyone have any other tips or tricks that might be worthwhile trying in these meetings? Trying to make scouting a bit more realistic and targeted.

• 1 month later...

I attend most recruitment meetings, but only review for positions that I know are needed (and also players in the "Other" position part of the meeting - just out of curiosity).

Honestly, I don't program my scouts individually for specific regional assignments. I delegate all that to my Chief Scout. I already have so many player options in the market without setting scout assignments, so I don't feel I need to spend much time programming my scouts, but I admit I might be missing out on some minor optimization.

I've got a pretty extensive scouting network in most of my games so the recruitment meetings are often a bit of a waste. The only vaguely useful thing is when they sometimes throw up a player you haven't scouted yet as an option but that's quite rare.