[Suggestion] Scouting costs/range revamp

Junkhead

Hi all

Really think this area needs reconsideration in respect of how scouts, ranges and costs work.  As an example;

-  I am currently managing a Ligue 2 team based in western France.  My board will allow me to scout anywhere within Europe.  Within the game, "Europe" is considered to extend as far east as Vladivostok, which is just north of Japan and further east than North Korea.  This is approximately 12,250 KM from Niort, where I am managing.  I can scout there at no additional cost.

-  I have identified a player of interest through a scout recommendation who plays for Raja Casablanca in Morocco.  Casablanca is just under 2,000 KM from Niort.  I also have a Tunisian scout.  I am told that if I want to scout this player further, there will be a cost of approximately £3k.  

The above clearly makes no sense, and this should clearly work in a more connected way.  Your scouts are considered to be moving in & out of the actual club, getting on a plane and going to scout places from what I understand.  I am happy for my African scout to live and work in Africa.  There should be no additional cost that I can see just because Casablanca is out of an arbitrary scouting range which considers only countries & continents but not actual distance.  If I employ scouts in France which are French, the game should consider what countries are realistic within the scope of where that French scout is based.  As it stands, I can send my Tunisian scout to Iceland or Vladivostok at no extra cost, but not down the street from his house to watch a Tunisian club.

This is also an issue within larger countries.  A small club based in Moscow who could only scout Russia could scout Vladivostok within the game (9,000 km) but not Helsinki (1,000 km), Minsk (750 km approx) or Riga (920 km approx).

Even in a smaller country like England, particularly at lower levels, I could hire a Scottish scout with Blyth who could scout Truro City (750 km approx) but not Edinburgh City (170 km approx).  A Welsh scout at Bath City could scout Darlington (475 km) but not Newport County (70 km approx) despite being from Newport.  In fact, for £75 part time a week, I would assume he would remain living in Newport rather than relocating to Bath to save an hour long commute :lol:

For the record, Blyth is about four times closer to Riga than Moscow is to Vladivostok..... :rolleyes:

Interested in thoughts on this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to input your feedback, we appreciate it. As for the French scout being sent to Scotland, the Scottish scouts aren't based in Scotland. They're based wherever your club is so it is feasible that the French scout would go instead.