Mount, Havertz, Werner HELP!

What problems are you having? 17 goals for Werner as the primary goalscorer and 8 each for Havertz and Mount as facilitators seems decent, depending on how far you are in the season.

52 minutes ago, Prolix said:

What problems are you having? 17 goals for Werner as the primary goalscorer and 8 each for Havertz and Mount as facilitators seems decent, depending on how far you are in the 

This havent been the main tactic as i have changed alot, also Mounts goal are lots of freekicks.

The problem is that i cant get Havertz and Mount to assist Werner.

2 hours ago, Oluf said:

I cant get this Trio to work, any tips?

Apart from this trio, are you pleased with how your tactic performs in general? 

I am asking because I've noticed some obvious flaws in your tactic, so I would be much more concerned about that than any individual player. 

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Apart from this trio, are you pleased with how your tactic performs in general? 

I am asking because I've noticed some obvious flaws in your tactic, so I would be much more concerned about that than any individual player. 

Please tell, I struggle hard with the tactic overall too (just lost 4-0 to Spurs). But I also want to get the best out of my front 3, does Havertz suit the Raumdeuter role? want him in the half-space :) @Experienced Defender

Edited by Oluf

1 hour ago, Oluf said:

Please tell, I struggle hard with the tactic overall too

Okay, here are my thoughts...

You have only one attack duty in the entire formation, which is bottom-heavy at that. And even that one attack duty is given to a playmaker role, which means even less penetration. 

Especially missing is central penetration. For a system with none in attacking and central midfield, your role and duty selection in defensive midfield is way too conservative (even for a weaker team, let alone Chelsea).

A role such as CWB would make a lot more sense in narrow formations, where its freedom of movement can be utilized to full effect. But yours is not of that kind. For that reason, I would change both your CWBs into normal WBs. 

A team instruction like Dribble less makes no sense in a tactic like yours, much less when the quality of your players is taken into account. In fact, Run at defense would be a lot better choice IMHO. 

You are asking your players to work the ball into the box. Not only that the instruction can overcomplicate your attacking play, but it's also hardly possible to be properly executed with your setup of roles and duties. 

Last but not least, just look at your out-of-possession instructions: extreme pressing + get stuck in + prevent GKD (plus all that under a high team mentality). Is it really necessary to be that much aggressive? No, it's not. It just means great defensive risk without any real justification.

Now, taking all of the above into account, here is how I would tweak your tactic without changing the formation:

Roles & duties

TQ

IFat                                     APsu

WBsu    DLPsu   VOLat    WBsu

CDde BPDco  CDde

SKde

Instructions

Mentality - Positive

In possession - play out of defence, slightly lower tempo & run at defence (to help reduce the gap between the defensive and attacking thirds of your setup)

In transition - counter-press & roll it out

Out of possession - higher D-line & more urgent pressing

That would be my basic starting tactic. Everything else would be just small subtle in-match tweaks based on observations during matches (and only when is really necessary). 

1 hour ago, Oluf said:

does Havertz suit the Raumdeuter role?

I cannot tell without seeing his player profile first. But based on what I know about him, he is too creative a player to have his talent wasted in that kind of role. If you want to use a RMD anyway, Werner would probably be a more logical choice. 

8 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Especially missing is central penetration. For a system with none in attacking and central midfield, your role and duty selection in defensive midfield is way too conservative (even for a weaker team, let alone Chelsea).

I want a double pivot. Would it help to push up kante and jorginho into centre midfield with DLP-s and CAR-s?

10 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Okay, here are my thoughts...

You have only one attack duty in the entire formation, which is bottom-heavy at that. And even that one attack duty is given to a playmaker role, which means even less penetration. 

A role such as CWB would make a lot more sense in narrow formations, where its freedom of movement can be utilized to full effect. But yours is not of that kind. For that reason, I would change both your CWBs into normal WBs. 

A team instruction like Dribble less makes no sense in a tactic like yours, much less when the quality of your players is taken into account. In fact, Run at defense would be a lot better choice IMHO. 

You are asking your players to work the ball into the box. Not only that the instruction can overcomplicate your attacking play, but it's also hardly possible to be properly executed with your setup of roles and duties. 

Last but not least, just look at your out-of-possession instructions: extreme pressing + get stuck in + prevent GKD (plus all that under a high team mentality). Is it really necessary to be that much aggressive? No, it's not. It just means great defensive risk without any real justification.

Now, taking all of the above into account, here is how I would tweak your tactic without changing the formation:

Roles & duties

TQ

IFat                                     APsu

WBsu    DLPsu   VOLat    WBsu

CDde BPDco  CDde

SKde

Instructions

Mentality - Positive

In possession - play out of defence, slightly lower tempo & run at defence (to help reduce the gap between the defensive and attacking thirds of your setup)

In transition - counter-press & roll it out

Out of possession - higher D-line & more urgent pressing

That would be my basic starting tactic. Everything else would be just small subtle in-match tweaks based on observations during matches (and only when is really necessary). 

I cannot tell without seeing his player profile first. But based on what I know about him, he is too creative a player to have his talent wasted in that kind of role. If you want to use a RMD anyway, Werner would probably be a more logical choice. 

I dont want to copy your tactic sinceIi want to make my own, but I have taken some of your setup into mine, what about this?

20210619113421_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Oluf said:

I dont want to copy your tactic sinceIi want to make my own, but I have taken some of your setup into mine, what about this?

Well, definitely looks better than the previous one (at least when it comes to the balance of roles and duties).

Anyway, test the tactic, see what happens and report back if you experience problems again :thup:

My tweaks to increase that trio's and your team's overall performance are:

• Werner as RMD on RW to make him far more dangerous
  • Mount as APs on LW to use his strong playmaking abilities with his stronger foot
  • F9 is good for Havertz. Also DLFs or Treq can be chosen for him to make him drop between lines and be the connecting player
  • Chillwell as CWBa to combine him with Mount as APs
  • Kante on RCDM as VOLs to make him more complete midfielder who contributes both attack & defence
  • Both wide "CB"s as BPDd to make them deep playmaking outlets when needed
  • Center CB as CDc against pacey strikers, CDd against all other opposition strikers
  • Not using dribble less TI to not limit your teams' excellent dribbling abilities
  • Decreasing LOE or increasing DL one level to lower the vertical space between 3 attackers and other players to strengthen pressing and counter-pressing