Board has no grasp of the future (fm20)

Another example on how the board, the club and the game in general is unable to handle future events and context. I just got a new long term vision meeting. And its very odd how they plan for us to not get promoted this year. Note at the top of this image it says the board expects us to be in JD Cymru South next season.

sACqJ4b.png

With this league table in mind, If I where the chairman I would have waited a few days before I arranged this vision meeting with the manager. Do you agree? I mean what are the odds of not getting promoted? We only play 30 matches in this league-

Ru4MfCM.png

9am: End of season Squad meeting: "I think we can win the league and get promoted next season" everyone: Yes we can do this".

16:15 the same day:  Caerau Ely win promotion to the JD Cymru Premier!! (due to the other teams playing their 30th match and not going over us?)

• 2 weeks later...

The board are disappointed that I did not qualify for Euro Cup 2. BUT its still possible to do so via the playoffs.

I think the board is unaware of the fact that its still possible to qualify. I wonder if they remain disappointed if I manage to qualify....

nEWOefw.png

E3f2MVl.png

20 hours ago, Speedyol said:

The board are disappointed that I did not qualify for Euro Cup 2. BUT its still possible to do so via the playoffs.

I think the board is unaware of the fact that its still possible to qualify. I wonder if they remain disappointed if I manage to qualify....

nEWOefw.png

E3f2MVl.png

I think it will change because it only said "disappointed" which means they are not happy about you not being in the Euro Cup 2 spots currently. If it said "failed" that means they know you have no chance of qualifying.

Hope that helps

3 hours ago, Tig212 said:

I think it will change because it only said "disappointed" which means they are not happy about you not being in the Euro Cup 2 spots currently. If it said "failed" that means they know you have no chance of qualifying.

Hope that helps

I am not able to get 3rd, because I only have 1 match left to play and need 4 points. BUT the 4th-7th place teams play a "playoff" at the end of the season where the winner qualify for the Euro cup 2. So even if I finished 7th its still possible to qualify. And the message changed to "Failed" very soon after I posted this, and did not change to "passed" after I managed to qualify by beating Bala 5-0 and Bangor City on penalties.

If they wanted me to finish top 3, they should state that instead of stating "qualify for euro cup 2" and be dissaponted/failed that I managed to do so.

1 hour ago, Speedyol said:

I am not able to get 3rd, because I only have 1 match left to play and need 4 points. BUT the 4th-7th place teams play a "playoff" at the end of the season where the winner qualify for the Euro cup 2. So even if I finished 7th its still possible to qualify. And the message changed to "Failed" very soon after I posted this, and did not change to "passed" after I managed to qualify by beating Bala 5-0 and Bangor City on penalties.

If they wanted me to finish top 3, they should state that instead of stating "qualify for euro cup 2" and be dissaponted/failed that I managed to do so.

Ok I might have misunderstood. In that case this might be a bug and it is worth posting on the bugs forum. Just upload your save to the SI Cloud and let them have a look.