Busted Chelsea

Here are major issues I would like to stress:

1. Your setup of roles and duties does not ideally suit a short-passing style (especially when coupled with work ball into box), mainly due to the winger role in AMR

2. The aforementioned work ball into box TI can overcomplicate attacking play, so I would not insist on using that instruction (except on occasion, i.e. when it clearly makes sense based on your in-match observations)

3. You use aggressive pressing (more urgent) while having lower than optimal compactness

1. Your setup of roles and duties does not ideally suit a short-passing style (especially when coupled with work ball into box), mainly due to the winger role in AMR

What kind of roles and duties i have to play then, to play short passing?

Can i play WBIB only in part of matches?

Pulisic in this role play very bad, some help?

Something like this? but i think with this formation is difficult to recuperate the ball

fm2.png

1 hour ago, Alex1983 said:

What kind of roles and duties i have to play then, to play short passing?

Only change the AMR from winger on attack into IF on attack. That's all. 

Can i play WBIB only in part of matches?

Watch matches to see when the WBiB could make sense and when not. Your tactic is not of the plug'n'play kind, so you have to make occasional small tweaks. 

Something like this?

Looks okay. I would only change the striker into PF on attack (for more direct penetration)

Anyway, play and see what happens. 

7 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Only change the AMR from winger on attack into IF on attack. That's all. 

Watch matches to see when the WBiB could make sense and when not. Your tactic is not of the plug'n'play kind, so you have to make occasional small tweaks. 

Looks okay. I would only change the striker into PF on attack (for more direct penetration)

Anyway, play and see what happens. 

Out of interest, please could you help me understand why the IF would be better suited to a possession game? Is it because the winger would stretch play rather than come inside? Or maybe because they would look to send crosses in? Or something else? Thanks!

7 hours ago, smeagoltonez said:

Out of interest, please could you help me understand why the IF would be better suited to a possession game? Is it because the winger would stretch play rather than come inside? Or maybe because they would look to send crosses in?

Winger's crossing as well as going wide is the main reason why IF/IW is better suited to possession-minded styles compared to winger. Provided you insist on a die-hard possession approach.