[Discussion] More active managers

Jorgen

I would like to  suggest  that more teams sign new managers and not only the few top teams.

I found out in my long term save that only clubs with a very high reputation sign new managers, if those nations are not loaded.
I described this problem in detail here:

In my save I loaded Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania. Only teams from these 9 nations signed  new managers. For all the other unselected nations, only 16 teams signed managers: Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Spurs, Inter, Juventus, Milan, Napoli, Barça, Atlético, Real, Sevilla, PSG and Benfica. Porto did it only once. And Inter stopped doing this in 2081. Each and every other team did not sign new managers. After sacking or retiring, those teams are managerless, for decades. Furthermore, teams without a manager NEVER win any European continental cup. 

Champions League: In all those seasons, all winners, and all runners-up came from my 9 nations, or from the 16 teams with managers. No exceptions. Though a decent amount of usual suspects and new winners emerged through the years, it always where clubs from these 9+16

Europa League: here I see exactly the same as in the Champions League: every winner, each runner-up is from this pool of 9+16 clubs. The Europa League has 2 unique exceptions however. In the first few season Lille (from France) and Porto (from Portugal) reached the final and lost. Both teams where still having their managers at that time. Lille had their original manager, Porto their unique second one. After these 2 exeptions all finals were with the 9+16

Though my game world looked like it changed organicly at first, in fact, it keeps the big teams at the top, if they're not from a nation that is playable, a team can only win a significant European trophy when it has a manager. So each team can do this in the first few years, but after it is without leadership, it is not capable of winning anymore. furthermore, it won't even be able to play a continental final.

How this is done in other regions I am not sure, as the top teams from South-America etc still win continental competitions, but non of them has a manager. 

I do not know what of this is pure random luck and what is hard-coded, but I think this needs a bit of a revamp.

Suggestions:

I would like to see that more teams from unloaded nations sign managers, so that at least each and every  team that has some significance has someone leading them and that more teams are able to win European competitions

And/or I would like to see that we have more control over how many teams are really active in your game. For example: you select The Netherlands and Germany as playable nations and then click on a amount of other teams that will be active in different tasks: like top 10, top 50, top 100 or top 200 teams per continent (or per nation) are able to (a) sign managers, (b) sign staff, (c) scout for talent, (d) sign players from competiting teams/leagues and (e) will try their best to win continental competitions. We already have an option to load extra players from nations, regions en continents, by selection of top teams, continental active teams, national reputation players, etc. If this would be possible for the "activeness" of teams in your game, this would be an awesome addition.

It still has limitations, but those limitations are stretched a lot wider than it is right now.

I hope it is clear what I mean (the problem mentioned in the linked topic and the suggestions for a solution).
If there are other possible ideas to solve this; or if there are options that solve this n the game already, feel free to post them here.

Thanks for reading!

• Abdullah Patel changed the title to [Discussion] More active managers

I haven’t done the tests to see this for myself but if what you say is true this seems like a bug in my opinion! 100% agree that all clubs from loaded or unloaded nations should be managed, just like all clubs get some sort of a player roster when loaded for cups. At least a regen manager should exist 

I haven't noticed this much as my farthest save has been to 2029. However, there are definitely issues to be solved regarding managerial appointments. I agree that as many teams as possible should have managers, particularly the top teams in unloaded nations to provide more options. I also think more dynamic manager reputations are needed to allow more new managers to get higher rated jobs. There are too many instances of 65-70 year old managers in the top jobs. Maybe league placements in relation to club need to have more impact on reputations. That way you could have situations like Moyes getting the United job, without having won trophies. There also needs to be more manager movements for other teams. Nobody manages Real Madrid for 8/9 years. If the issues you mention happen, then that's definitely something to be looked at.

Edited by johnnycnandy

• 4 months later...