Agreed playing time

Just checking if this is a bug or not?

15 appearances seems to amount to Surplus to Requirements for whatever reason, yet under agreed playing time he's delighted with the amount of game time he has been getting, yet his one negative under happiness is that his agreed playing time is not being fulfilled. Not an issue for me as yet, but I just saw it and of course it didn't make any sense. I do heavy rotation, which he's part of, plus 15 appearances should not be classified as surplus to requirements, yet it says he's both happy with it, and concerned with it at the same time. I'm only in December of the EPL season.

image.png.b3de3c2ec00033b60ac6f5d7176d7996.png

image.png.853facad6103981bf5a9284ffcd95eab.png

Edited by Dundalis

TLDR: I think that looks like a bug or it might be complicated.

Perhaps its a unrelated reason why this happens, like when you go on a loosing streak the dressing room suddenly has a high turnover of players again (listed as a negative), even if you havent signed or fired anyone for 9 months without this issues listed.

I also think Reputation compared to the club and personality affects how much he expects to play. There is also a "expected playing time" below the Agreed playing time.. I play in  Wales, its january and have played 21 league games and 9 cup matches. Both of these guys are happy with not concerns.

umiEMlf.pngkOQNKES.png

30 minutes ago, Speedyol said:

TLDR: I think that looks like a bug or it might be complicated.

Perhaps its a unrelated reason why this happens, like when you go on a loosing streak the dressing room suddenly has a high turnover of players again (listed as a negative), even if you havent signed or fired anyone for 9 months without this issues listed.

I also think Reputation compared to the club and personality affects how much he expects to play. There is also a "expected playing time" below the Agreed playing time.. I play in  Wales, its january and have played 21 league games and 9 cup matches. Both of these guys are happy with not concerns.

umiEMlf.pngkOQNKES.png

Yes, the players expectations are also to be a squad player, even though his agreed playing time is breakthrough prospect.

The problem is that he's probably played in almost half the games, yet the game seems to think that equates to a playing time of surplus to requirements. I have a player that's only has one sub appearance all season, but is still classified as fringe player level of playing time by the game. It seems that the completely incorrect evaluation of playing time by the code is the only reason for the issue, otherwise it wouldn't show delighted with amount of game time under agreed playing time.

Of course I skip forward a week in game and he's just complained about his playing time. I ended up convincing him by upping his agreed playing time to squad player. Which is fine as long as the game doesn't continue to classify his playing time as surplus to requirements no matter how much he plays.

My team is the the 4th highest ranked team by reputation in the whole game, so don't think that plays a part. If anything he should be happy to get any playing time, he's a 2 and a half star rated 22 year old, with one 4 and one 3 star player in front of him in his position.

Edited by Dundalis

It might be that you played him a lot 5 months ago and that he has not even been on the bench for the past 2 months? Or are you loosing matches? In my experience the players are less demanding and stay happy with low playing time when the team overachieve or wins lots of matches. and demands their agreed playing time in times where you underperform.

20 minutes ago, Speedyol said:

It might be that you played him a lot 5 months ago and that he has not even been on the bench for the past 2 months? Or are you loosing matches? In my experience the players are less demanding and stay happy with low playing time when the team overachieve or wins lots of matches. and demands their agreed playing time in times where you underperform.

Last 12 games below. Even if I had not played him in many months, the game should NOT say he is delighted with playing time under agreed playing time section, then concerned about playing time under happiness. Cannot be both.

1147993619_Screenshot2021-06-23224858.thumb.png.391723f9b8576af7cd382a4dd33d7106.png

Edited by Dundalis

I think he could be concerned about something else but the game lists playing time, Just like underforming can make the dressing room list high turnover of players as a problem (and its not a problem, the bad form is).

And things can be both true and false at the same time, like the board can be unhappy about reaching a future goal a few years too early in the inbox but happy in the club vision screen.
ZHX9s0h.png

Or Delighted that you failed a club vision.
xqqJnzw.png

43 minutes ago, Speedyol said:

I think he could be concerned about something else but the game lists playing time, Just like underforming can make the dressing room list high turnover of players as a problem (and its not a problem, the bad form is).

And things can be both true and false at the same time, like the board can be unhappy about reaching a future goal a few years too early in the inbox but happy in the club vision screen.
ZHX9s0h.png

Or Delighted that you failed a club vision.
xqqJnzw.png

Hes not concerned about something else though, cause the next week he complained about playing time. So I had to either increase his playing status or make a promise that I would increase it. I don't do promises, so he now has squad rotation playing status. If it was something else he would have complained about the actual problem, unless you are saying the game will make the player complain about a problem when that's not the problem?

The issue now is if the game won't stop reflecting his playing time as surplus to requirements, he will become much more angry than when he was breakthrough prospect status.

Sometimes this happens when a player miss a lot of league games, especially in a row, but is still playing other games. 9(6) in December doesn't look like surplus to requirements, but he might have only played in 3-4 league games in half a season. You are right though, it's kinda wonky that he's both happy and complaining.

11 hours ago, Nacaw said:

Sometimes this happens when a player miss a lot of league games, especially in a row, but is still playing other games. 9(6) in December doesn't look like surplus to requirements, but he might have only played in 3-4 league games in half a season. You are right though, it's kinda wonky that he's both happy and complaining.

He also won't sign a new contract because other clubs are interested (has two years left on contract so not a big deal). Plus my DoF just said I should transfer list him. It's like the game is trying to force me to get rid of him lol. I don't really care too much as I would get a good fee for him, but he is home and club grown which is important in England with Brexit. I'm far more reputable than any of the interested clubs, so I can only think the player is interested because the game is treating his playing time as surplus to requirements and coding him to want to play for a lesser club where he can get game time.

The problem is that I have plenty of other players both similar age and similar ability that are playing much less, but the game correctly classifies as fringe or backup playing time and are perfectly happy with it. He doesn't have a super ambitious or disloyal personality either its balanced. I also have 100% liked relationship with him also.