Affiliate clubs

You used to be able to choose the type of affiliate club. Is that no longer in the game? I keep asking for an affiliate club then rejecting all the options, because the board keep saying they will find an affiliate club to send out players on loan. Not interested, as I just want affiliate clubs for commercial growth. Is it literally impossible to get this request filled? Or will they eventually search for this type of affiliate club if I keep asking then rejecting their choices until they give me options for this type of affiliate? I'm the 4th highest rep club in the world, so no issues from that end of things.

It is not now possible to ask the board for a specific type of affilaite club during your initial request. If the board agrees to look for an affiliate it will specify the type that it wants when it agrees to your request. However, if the board turns down your initiate request and says it is willing to reconsider if you are able to put forward a compelling argument you will have the option to specify the type of affiliate that you would like.

Just now, Hovis Dexter said:

It is not now possible to ask the board for a specific type of affilaite club during your initial request. If the board agrees to look for an affiliate it will specify the type that it wants when it agrees to your request. However, if the board turns down your initiate request and says it is willing to reconsider if you are able to put forward a compelling argument you will have the option to specify the type of affiliate that you would like.

I'm the one that rejects the affiliate. Don't have an issue with the board turning anything down. I just want a commercial affiliate, but 3 times in a row I've turned down all affiliates then requested a few months after, because they continually looks for affiliates to loan players out to, which I don't want. I was wondering whether it ever changes with each consecutive request and I eventually get a commercial affiliate.

13 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

You may do, but remember that you don't own the club - it's the board that decide what kind of affiliate they believe would be most useful.

That's a decision made by SI. It was perfectly fine to decide what kind of affiliate you wanted in older FM versions, and you didn't own the club in those versions.

If you really wanted to make the mechanic dictatorial, you would not even allow me as the manager to request or even deny an affiliate or even have a choice. But I do. And if SI actually intelligently coded the clubs ownership AI, you wouldn't even have to request a commercial affiliate, the board would be smart enough to know that you are now a big club and it would be very beneficial to actually of their own volition go and try and negotiate for a commercial affiliate to increase revenue stream. But there's literally almost zero intelligence coded into club boards when it comes to this type of stuff. All they really do in this area is renegotiate sponsorships when they expire as far as I can see.

The question isn't whether or not the mechanic to select a specific type of affiliate exists anymore, it's whether there's a way to actually make asking for an affiliate club a relevant mechanic in the game by actually somehow pestering the board into eventually randomly selecting the type of affiliate you want. Perfectly happy to ignore affiliates altogether otherwise, as it's pointless as a big club IMO, especially with Brexit in England other than to try and expand commercial revenue. Since unless you start with a big club, it's well known that taking a small club to huge success, it takes a very very long time if it even happens to where commercial revenue ends up anywhere near the ball park of the established top European teams.

Edited by Dundalis