Will the new champions league format be in FM22?

SI are usually pretty good at adding future competition formats to the game, but a few recently (eg. the 2022 World Cup) took quite a few years before they were added to the game. So I'm wondering if the new Champions League format from 2024 will be included or not?

I have mixed feeling over the new format, but the chance to try it out in game and see how it works before it happens in real life would be quite nice still.

32 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Rule changes are always in once it's been 100% confirmed and official by whichever body introduces it.

Nice one. The CL rule changes definitely seem to be 100% confirmed and official to me with UEFA having a big statement about it and a load of the details, so I look forward to seeing it in the game. Why does November have to be so far away still? :D

On 25/06/2021 at 07:56, rusty217 said:

Nice one. The CL rule changes definitely seem to be 100% confirmed and official to me with UEFA having a big statement about it and a load of the details, so I look forward to seeing it in the game. Why does November have to be so far away still? :D

They are not confirmed yet. From memory it won't be 100% confirmed for quite some time and is bound to be tweaked in the next year.

Edited by freddieos

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

Just to confirm what @HUNT3R said above:

Competition rule changes, once conformed officially by the competition websites, will be implemented by SI, usually in either the next game version or data update

So if confirmed it will be in fm21 new Update ?

• FrazT locked this topic