Rewrite History

joshuaavery9

I think it would be any football managers dream to be able to manage legends of the game with the modern game mechanics

I know it sounds like a huge piece of work, but to begin with you could add in historical seasons as a challenge game mode, for example: winning the treble with United or AC Milan’s star studded team of 2005 - and this could be a single-season-challenge game mode where you compete to rewrite history (i.e not bottling the final vs Liverpool…). There’s so many exciting players, teams and seasons to unlock!

over a few years, more and more legendary teams and players could be added in to spread it out, eventually building up a large enough database to be able to take over any team in the top 5 leagues from any year in the last 2 decades etc. 
Pad out promoted teams with regens and bringing in modern players as the years go on, being able to sign Ronaldo from Sporting or a Messi wonderkid. I also like the idea of the challenge of managing someone like Ronaldinho and seeing if I could have got even more out of them.

I think it would be a fantastic way to make the game more challenging and exciting with almost unlimited opportunities.

Personally I'd love to play the historical FM databases in the more modern game engine but I think there are issues with the licensing of the real players from those eras or somesuch. It's a shame, but I would like an option to use an older database providing you actually have the database from that game on your PC. I'd kill to be able to play the modern game with the old FM2006 database!