International Team issues

woodwardm28

I have a save where I am the manager of the United States. I was gearing up for the Gold Cup and picked my roster. When I got to my first game, 8 of the 23 players that I chose were listed as "unavailable for next match" with no reason given. Nothing was mentioned when I was selecting them and nothing in the Gold Cup rules gives an insight as to why they are unavailable. It is 2 of my 3 goalkeepers and pretty much my entire midfield. I got through the group stages playing a centerback in midfield and subbing on the goalkeepers the game generates just to cover shortages as field players to give my players a rest. I got to the quarter finals and still all of these players were still listed as unavailable. I had a player suspended for yellow cup accumulation. I ended up having a centerback at centermid and a winger at center attacking mid and four subs (two of which were the cpu generated goalkeepers with names listed in grey) with all of my players exhausted from playing their fourth game in barely one week. I lost to Martinique due to this. The USA FA listed my performances as an E and were extremely close to firing me. The media questioned why I didn't play those eight unavailable players in a single game as if I was an idiot. Luckily, the FA allowed me to continue, but the fact that I was nearly fired for an unexplained issue is very frustrating and I am sure if I slip up on any of my next few games, I will be axed because of this and my save will be ruined.

• 2 weeks later...