Scouting Players - How is it decided which scout to send?

I've recently dived in to learning all about scouting but one thing that I can't figure out how it works is the scout priorities.  

When you're in a scouting meeting and you get the button to scout a player, how does the game decide who scouts him? It seems random to me.  I have manually assigned a scout to each region and even have a couple not on assignment. 

When i click the scout player button, the scout covering the player's region does not scout the player. What am I missing here?

Yup sure feels pretty random, that or it prioritises scouts who aren't actively doing anything. I often circumvent this by manually assigning the scout myself, as in my scouting team of about 15-20 scouts I have a few ones that aren't particularly good that I hired purely to give me scouting knowledge in a specific region (Africa, Asia). I clearly don't want these guys (JPA/JPP ~11) actually scouting any player that's of reasonable interest to me; by the same stroke, some of my scouts are only good at one of JPA/JPP so I don't want the guy with JPA 20 / JPP 11 scouting a new wonderkid (and vice versa).

I delegate everything else scouting related as it's a pain in the ar5e and yields no better/worse results doing it yourself, but this way I get actual good scouting info I can use. I also recommend your scouts with their scouting stats, as some of them I can never remember what it is they're good at!

Edited by IbrahimAliMaher

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I have had a look since this thread was posted and it certainly feels random and without logical pattern

thanks.  at least i'm not the only one. hopefully it gets fixed for next version.  i feel like it's affecting my scout's ability to gain knowledge in their region since they are being pulled all over the world to scout players randomly

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

I have had a look since this thread was posted and it certainly feels random and without logical pattern

I think if the scout are in scouting other player, another "free" scout will be assigned ? 

8 hours ago, donnghia said:

I think if the scout are in scouting other player, another "free" scout will be assigned ? 

My post above happened after a scouting meeting and I logged who did the scouting.  All my scouts were already allocated throughout the world and there appeared to be no pattern, geographically or otherwise as to which scout reported on which player, that I could see.

Currently managing Caerau Ely and they always send out my Chief scout James Barnes, never anyone else. But when I ask "DoF" for suggestions its always my Chairman who gives me suggestions for players to sign.
I have another question about scouting: Will I have any benefits from upgrading James Barnes from a month to month Part time contract to a Full time Contract? Will he scout more players or something? the club turned pro half a year ago.

uZXEGY4.png