Generating player interest while playing in weaker leagues

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I could not find anything relating to FM21 at least.

I have regularly found it problematic to generate any sort of interest in my players or indeed sell them while managing in weaker leagues. Not sure if it is to do with league or club reputation, or anything else.

I am currently managing a Hungarian club and we won the league - but more importantly reached the semi finals of Europa. This ideally should have put my players in the shop window for the bigger leagues.

Cut to the summer and we have had measly offers for precisely one player, who I did not sell. My SS scored 41 goals last season, easily the most across any of the leagues. 15 of these were scored in continental competitions, between the UCL and the UEL. 

He is 25 years old and still only valued at 625k, with not even an inkling of interest in him. 

As one of my aims is to develop and sell players then get more in - this lack of movement totally kills the entire concept.

BTW, I have the top 5 leagues in Europe loaded as playable with another 10 or so as view-only. Any advice would be appreciated!

13 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I could not find anything relating to FM21 at least.

I have regularly found it problematic to generate any sort of interest in my players or indeed sell them while managing in weaker leagues. Not sure if it is to do with league or club reputation, or anything else.

I am currently managing a Hungarian club and we won the league - but more importantly reached the semi finals of Europa. This ideally should have put my players in the shop window for the bigger leagues.

Cut to the summer and we have had measly offers for precisely one player, who I did not sell. My SS scored 41 goals last season, easily the most across any of the leagues. 15 of these were scored in continental competitions, between the UCL and the UEL. 

He is 25 years old and still only valued at 625k, with not even an inkling of interest in him. 

As one of my aims is to develop and sell players then get more in - this lack of movement totally kills the entire concept.

BTW, I have the top 5 leagues in Europe loaded as playable with another 10 or so as view-only. Any advice would be appreciated!

Are they transfer listed? How do the players react when you offer them to other clubs? Are they & their agent angry & determined to remain at the club? What are their wages like & how do they compare to the wages of the sort of clubs who you expect to buy your players? Do the players have a lot of years left on their contract?

Try offering the players out without stating a fee etc & see what interest you get. Transfer listing the player will reduce the price that clubs offer but will help to push a player out the door if they're reluctant to move on.

Often, I have to try offering quite a few of my players to other clubs (without stating a fee or listing them) & then just selling the ones that garner interest. Similar to how clubs under administration behave in the real world. However, I manage in the English lower leagues & so have clubs in division one & two as well as the Scottish leagues who are interested in my players. I guess for you it's a bit more complicated as they would need to move abroad & learn a new language etc?

38 minutes ago, smeagoltonez said:

Are they transfer listed? How do the players react when you offer them to other clubs? Are they & their agent angry & determined to remain at the club? What are their wages like & how do they compare to the wages of the sort of clubs who you expect to buy your players? Do the players have a lot of years left on their contract?

Try offering the players out without stating a fee etc & see what interest you get. Transfer listing the player will reduce the price that clubs offer but will help to push a player out the door if they're reluctant to move on.

Often, I have to try offering quite a few of my players to other clubs (without stating a fee or listing them) & then just selling the ones that garner interest. Similar to how clubs under administration behave in the real world. However, I manage in the English lower leagues & so have clubs in division one & two as well as the Scottish leagues who are interested in my players. I guess for you it's a bit more complicated as they would need to move abroad & learn a new language etc?

Nope not transfer listed - that's not how I want to do it. These are my best performing players - my argument is that clubs should be interested in buying them basis their returns for my side and particularly in European competition.

9 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Nope not transfer listed - that's not how I want to do it. These are my best performing players - my argument is that clubs should be interested in buying them basis their returns for my side and particularly in European competition.

I suppose so but it's all relative to the quality & value of the player as well as the ability of the (potentially interested) clubs to buy them & pay their wages.

Maybe @majesticeternity can offer some help/insight as I know that he has a realistic transfer mod (which I use myself).

Edited by smeagoltonez