[Discussion] match engine, database optimalisation, results of matches of national teams

myfunnygame

Hi everyone,
could football manager in the 2022 edition load all the results of the national team that have taken place so far in qualifying and championship matches such as EURO / World Cup / some friendly?
The second question is, will it finally be possible to play on the full base of players and all leagues in such a way that you can play about 100 seasons?

It seems to me that I have a good computer, but I'm afraid that too much data and the size of the file that is generated with each save of the game may not allow such comfort. Will there be some form of optimization for game files?

Will the match engine undergo a major overhaul? Will the sound of a ball being kicked every second depend on the distance to the camera rather than the distance from the ball? How many times, being at the match in the stadium or watching the match on TV, have you heard every sound of the ball being kicked, even the one touched by a few centimeters? In FM it is very irritating that every contact with the ball is heard as if it was happening to the manager's ear.

Best regards and I look forward to your product, wishing myself and all the fans of the game that it would come out without unnecessary bugs this time :)

PS I can be your beta tester if necessary;)

On 02/07/2021 at 22:01, myfunnygame said:

could football manager in the 2022 edition load all the results of the national team that have taken place so far in qualifying and championship matches such as EURO / World Cup / some friendly?

They used to be actual scores up to a point where you start your game but aren't anymore. I believe it's because of potential licensing issues but not 100% sure.

• Abdullah Patel changed the title to [Discussion] match engine, database optimalisation, results of matches of national teams
  • 4 months later...
  • SI Staff

We are indeed limited by certain licencing restrictions, but it is something which we're aware has been flagged within the community and like other features is something we can review and see if there is anything that can be done on that side.  Thanks for flagging :)