Goalkeeper giving ball away during goal kick?

I play with a SK(S) with distribution set to centre-backs but sometimes during goal kick the goalkeeper passes the ball to DLP in midfield resulting in opposition winning the ball and scoring against me. How do I prevent this from happening?

Unfortunately i don't think you can. I have tried over 10 seasons to make my GK play short. He does most of the game when watching Comprehensive highlights, but the 1 or 2 times he decides not too - maybe launch it long nobody, or pick out my 5ft 9 WB with high ball whose being marked by a monster - usually is a highlight that leads to a goal. 

This has happened from having an average GK and defense, to having the guy just given the award for best keeper in the world along with a team with the best defence. My defence aren't even heavily marked and i ask for it to go to CB or FB. He just randomly decides and ironically it happens to be the highlight that leads to a goal

The Sweeper Keeper with support or attack duty has "Take More Risks" hard coded in. This is a passing instruction that encourages low percentage passing and through balls. You would need to go to SK(D) or GK(D) to remove that hard coded element.

distribute instruction is somewhat broken perhaps. 

someone on the forum pointed out that the GKs almost always kick towards the direction of his strong foot. right footed GKs kick it to the right side of the pitch. 

i was also told by one of the mods that distribution instructions are for in transitions so goal kicks don't count which makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, fraudiola said:

i was also told by one of the mods that distribution instructions are for in transitions so goal kicks don't count which makes no sense. 

My observation has been the opposite:  that the distribution instructions do apply to goal kicks but not always to back passes or other handled balls.  In fact, I had a GK with poor kicking and passing and after I instructed him to distribute to CBs and FBs, he would pass to them but if they passed back to the GK, he would then boot it upfield, even when not under pressure.

13 hours ago, glengarry224 said:

My observation has been the opposite:  that the distribution instructions do apply to goal kicks but not always to back passes or other handled balls.  In fact, I had a GK with poor kicking and passing and after I instructed him to distribute to CBs and FBs, he would pass to them but if they passed back to the GK, he would then boot it upfield, even when not under pressure.

same. i play a SK and he'll play goal kicks to CBs almost always on distribute to CB but ignore distribute to TM, but the other way around for "in transition" distributions. 

I can't use anything other than SK(d) in this game. SK(s) and SK(a) too eccentric.

GK(d) blindly hoofs them to opposition. Against top teams, the ball makes its way back to our third in two seconds.

I set to 'Slow Pace Down', 'Roll it Out' and 'Distribute to Centre-Backs' to reduce any chance of that from happening.

Edited by jeerinho