[Discussion] Preference for Star Rating

saintrainhard

Preference to choose how many stars will be used for more distinct scout report in terms of Ability and Potential star rating

My current save in FM2021, my assistant with 18 JCA, 18 JPA showing the same rating for 130 potential  vs 180 potential (4 stars potential with 1 masked star),well this is awfully misleading

Really hope with let's say the setting for max 8 stars , 180 PA can get  6 stars PA+1 masked star and 130 PA will be 4.5 stars+ 1.5 masked star PA (max 7 stars PA vs max 6 stars PA) . But you know the acknowledged potential differ for 1.5 stars (6 vs 4.5). It is not like my asstman giving wrong rating because he actually has a pretty darn good number for judgement

The important key in this request is more distinction

Hell, I even will accept if 1 stars can be divide as 5 parts (so there will be 25 distinct stars level, instead of current 10) 

==============================================================================

Or fully revamping the star rating model using layered stars  : gold > silver > bronze > black  and used white as masking stars for youth players as another option too

With this, you fully know the distinction and spread of the players even when the division is different, scout/ assistant manager will give +/- rating based on their JCA / JPA

Yeah, I know the problem for this because this will show actually CA and PA explicitly (4 layers x 5 stars = 20 stars, thus 1 stars approx count for 10 points of ability)

But this is actually can be dynamic based on the population of players in the database (like black can be 0-100, bronze can be 101-135, etc )

If the population shifting because of players decline, players development and new regen, the game will adjust the min - max numbers of each layers based on their population (maybe using normal curve)  

On 13/07/2021 at 00:46, saintrainhard said:

my assistant with 18 JCA, 18 JPA showing the same rating for 130 potential  vs 180 potential (4 stars potential with 1 masked star),well this is awfully misleading

I may be wrong but I think scouts also take into account not only players PA but also probability of reaching that potential including players personality etc into account, so that may be the reason why your scout thinks that player with lower PA will be better than the one with higher PA simply because he thinks he's actually able to reach higher CA than the other player.

On the other hand it somehow brings a lot of realism into the game. We don't have absolute certainty which players will become top footballers, otherwise all the top clubs would hoard them immediately and we would not see players going to top clubs from minor clubs/leagues. In a football history we know a lot of cases of players developing at relaitvely very old age (Jamie Vardy) and a players that were expect to be demigods but end up not reaching even fraction of expectations (Bojan Krkic).

As said to many topic in FM just like in real life football it takes a huge chunk of luck to fully develop a youngster into world star and the way leading to it is a stairway or ladder rather than highway.

15 hours ago, Orion_ said:

I may be wrong but I think scouts also take into account not only players PA but also probability of reaching that potential including players personality etc into account, so that may be the reason why your scout thinks that player with lower PA will be better than the one with higher PA simply because he thinks he's actually able to reach higher CA than the other player.

On the other hand it somehow brings a lot of realism into the game. We don't have absolute certainty which players will become top footballers, otherwise all the top clubs would hoard them immediately and we would not see players going to top clubs from minor clubs/leagues. In a football history we know a lot of cases of players developing at relaitvely very old age (Jamie Vardy) and a players that were expect to be demigods but end up not reaching even fraction of expectations (Bojan Krkic).

As said to many topic in FM just like in real life football it takes a huge chunk of luck to fully develop a youngster into world star and the way leading to it is a stairway or ladder rather than highway.

I tought the same at first, but that is not the condition it seems, he currently on the way to fulfill his max PA now , currently he is at 171 CA. And I believe he can get the full PA

Back to the question, why it is the same rating ? Because of his reputation ?? He came from my youth intake after 1 year game when we freshly promoted to League One

But at least with same low reputation with 130 PA player, he need to have some disticnt in Potential star rating as he has an enormous 180 PA (way off than 130). It will command at least 1 star different I think 

4 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

Back to the question, why it is the same rating ? Because of his reputation ?? He came from my youth intake after 1 year game when we freshly promoted to League One

For a player that young, staff won't be always accurate, as IRL. They use a combination of things, age and ability for that age is part of it.

• Abdullah Patel changed the title to [Discussion] Preference for Star Rating
  • 1 month later...
On 13/07/2021 at 01:46, saintrainhard said:

==============================================================================

Or fully revamping the star rating model using layered stars  : gold > silver > bronze > black  and used white as masking stars for youth players as another option too

i really like this star rating model that you suggest it could really solve our doubts about youth players who will be star and who will be a  good or a backup  player.Excellent idea.

Also i would like to suggest a second report from HOYD about youth intake, informing us about that striker from first report who is a top prospect and tells us something for his personality or showing us some of his main attributes like finishing for example. It would be nice to know what to wait from him , because the top prospect from the first report is too general.

• 4 months later...