Jan Oblak's longevity

enders357

Anyone have any experience going deep in to a save with Oblak in their squad? I've got the opportunity to sign him in summer 2023 when he is 30. The fee is going to be around £80m and I'm worried about spending that on someone so old, but at the moment what my team really needs to push on is that world class goalkeeper. My concern is his physicals aren't actually all that, with his natural fitness being just 9. Could it be he's about to decline rapidly overly a couple of seasons, or could he still 5 or 6 good years in him?

I think it will be fine. What is his personality? I've always found high natural fitness means the physical attributes decline slower than the others. While a bad personality leads to all of the attributes dropping rapidly. Sign him on a 3 year deal with an option. :brock:

Edited by Swills417

14 hours ago, enders357 said:

Anyone have any experience going deep in to a save with Oblak in their squad? I've got the opportunity to sign him in summer 2023 when he is 30. The fee is going to be around £80m and I'm worried about spending that on someone so old, but at the moment what my team really needs to push on is that world class goalkeeper. My concern is his physicals aren't actually all that, with his natural fitness being just 9. Could it be he's about to decline rapidly overly a couple of seasons, or could he still 5 or 6 good years in him?

I am sure there is an ingame 'help hint' that states that goalkeepers will reach their peak between 32-35.