Lots of available wage budget but can only offer very small wages

So am playing as Skeid in the Norwegian 2nd tier and have a weekly wage budget of  £27k of which I'm only spending £7k but when I enter negotiations with any player am unable to exceed £1.1k max wage. (even if I offer them star player status)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by kinkladze11

4 hours ago, kinkladze11 said:

So am playing as Skeid in the Norwegian 2nd tier and have a weekly wage budget of  £27k of which I'm only spending £7k but when I enter negotiations with any player am unable to exceed £1.1k max wage. (even if I offer them star player status)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You'll have a limit on max player wage. You won't be able to offer 1 player £20k p/w and the rest of the squad take up £7k p/w.

You might be able to ask the board for an increase in max player wage.

If you check the expenditure page under wages, you can find the maximum amount that your board will allow you to offer for each level of squad status.  The amount unused in your wage budget is not relevant here, just the amount allowed to be offered.

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

If you check the expenditure page under wages, you can find the maximum amount that your board will allow you to offer for each level of squad status.  The amount unused in your wage budget is not relevant here, just the amount allowed to be offered.

Thanks (both) for the reply. I'm playing the touch version and can't find the 'wages' option, have clicked on 'Finances' on the side bar which is where I assume this option would be. Am I right in thinking this option is Full version only?

I'm sorry, but I haven't played the Touch version so don't know whether the wages option is available or not- although I would have thought that it would have to made available to you somewhere in finances.

As a trial you could approach a player who is out of contract- select star player status and then increase the wage offered till you get the red exclamation mark that tells you that this is above the allowed limit.  If you do this for all the squad statuses, you can get an idea of what is allowed.