[Discussion] When board considers just promoted team as promoted (in scouting possibilities)?

rristola

First, I am a manager in a English 10. level team (using mods). This might have something to do with this 'problem'. Don't know...

It's the beginning of summer, 1. of June. We just got promoted, the last game was on 29. of May. Transfer window will open on 9. of June, and pre-season starts on 21. of June.

I'm continuing as the manager, and therefore I could start finding the best players I could afford. Board already gave me the new wage budget. Problem is the scouting budget! There is more, NEW money to be used, but...

I have 35,5K total scouting budget. My scouting options (still) are 10. level (County Leagues Divisions) for 35,5K  (3K/mo). 9. level (County Leagues Premium) for 107K  (9K/mo), and whole England for 178K  (14,75K/mo).

So, if I start scouting players in league my team was promoted into right away, I would have to pay 9K per month, so it means that I'm broke in September! And, because I try to find unhappy (aso.) players from upper leagues (than my own), I would be broke even sooner.

QUESTION  Will my scouting expenses suddenly drop (one level) when new season begins? If, then why? It would be quite illogical...  Or, is it so, that the board just gives me BIGGER area to scout from (with the same amount of money)?

If this is the case, then... why doesn't this happen right after the promotion is clear???

BTW, this one I tested. With that basic budget (3K/mo) I can find a few of players in that upper league my team was promoted into (9. level), but all players there only with 9K/mo.

Comments, please.   We should be able to scout one league level higher than we are quite cheaply, and year-around.                                                                   (In top league levels these costs don't matter at all, I guess?)

I kept on playing. Started to seach for a new Assistant Manager. Now, before Pre-season I can negotiate with a candidate using bonuses considering LAST YEAR only!

This is about the same issue, but from the other direction. Comment, because I don't know the answer to this question. And, do players with agents handle these things differently (more professionalism)?

Let's say, that my team is pretty sure to be promoted this season. I'm trying to find better players to strenghten my team for the next year.

When will these scouted players start to ask bigger salaries, aso.? Or, when will they consider my team as PROMOTED one?

And the same way, when will they realise, if my team is being relegated, that asking too big salaries is worthless? (Or, they would just say "I'm too expensive for you.")

Edited by rristola
new question added

• 4 months later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM