[Question] Has "natural limitations" been implemented in the game?

@rristola

Simple question, has "natural limitations" like amount of people in the area or possible sponsor sizes been implemented in the game?

So, could the board construct a stadium with 200 000 seats into a town with 50 000 citizens, and get it 'sold-out'? Could I get a sponsor to give me a million, if normal sponsors in our town could give max 20-50 000?

Why these questions? I like starting in a small town team. I have wondered, if I could get promoted on and on. Would the board just agree with building new facilities aso.? (Not every year, but...team gets more money, and...)

Could the board say "NO!" when there is a chance to get promoted? Could they just say "We have reached our limitations."?

Population in the surrounding and catchment areas will definitely limit the attendance numbers, so the figures that you quote above are very unlikely to happen.  I also doubt that sponsors would throw that kind of money at the team before reputation and field success would justify it.

I wrote that original text, but I put it in Requests.

My main issue here are the "set of rules" in the game. And, in fact, more so if the same "set of rules" work for all team levels. And work well...     (And with "set of rules" I mean that programming code that calculates all desicions, wage demands, board given limits, aso.)

So, question:  are English Premium League team (1. level) and VNL South/North team (6, level) so similar, that they could be handled by the same way? Or, with the same set of rules?

Or, the other way round, and more deeply. I try to explain this "problem" with my current game (English 10. level team Wick, stadium for 2000, total wage budget 7000).

I got from the board my wage budget to be used. Now I try to find another physio. I'm going through that list of physios, now physio skill is 5-6, but STILL they ask for 250-300 per month (part-time). Only thing is, that board allows ONLY under 200 wages for physios!!! And board won't raise that! And I have wage money left enough!

OK! I play with mods. But, still, the main question is, if "set of rules" should be implemented 'level by level'.     And my opinion is, that FM should have more these lower leagues in several countries. The lower, the better!

vor 6 Stunden schrieb rristola:

So, question:  are English Premium League team (1. level) and VNL South/North team (6, level) so similar, that they could be handled by the same way? Or, with the same set of rules?

Most calculations are going by reputation, so level 1 can be handled the same way like level 6. There are 20 different reputation-levels where you can define values for salaries etc. It won't be that effective and realistic if you are using a level 14 db, because changes are so small. To be fair, on the financial side there won't be a real difference if they play on level 14 or 11.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb rristola:

I got from the board my wage budget to be used. Now I try to find another physio. I'm going through that list of physios, now physio skill is 5-6, but STILL they ask for 250-300 per month (part-time). Only thing is, that board allows ONLY under 200 wages for physios!!! And board won't raise that! And I have wage money left enough!

IMO the game just tells you indirectly that on this low level, usually there is no physio hired for a team. If so, maybe on a volunteer-basis. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb rristola:

OK! I play with mods. But, still, the main question is, if "set of rules" should be implemented 'level by level'.     And my opinion is, that FM should have more these lower leagues in several countries. The lower, the better!

Every League you load slows down the processing speed. Most people can't afford the best hardware every year. Simulating England down to level 14 is as much time consuming as loading GER, ENG, FRA, ESP, ITA, POR, RUS, HOL together. So IMO it doesn't really make sense for SI to go this route, but there are a lot of great content-creators who make this possible.

Cheers

Daveincid

Thanks, Daveincid, for answering.

OK, that '20 reputation levels' sounds good.

And that physio example. I do understand, that the board wants to have some limits, but still... there is on the staff page, that they wouldn't mind head physio + one regular physio. And I have the money! And, the board doesn't want to listen my reasons AT ALL!

BTW, how easy is it to get someone to work voluntarily?

That thing with lower leagues. I didn't mean that there should be all the lower leagues to the lowest one. England is OK now. I meant that more countries could have at least premium + 2-3 lower leagues. The rest could be left for the modders.

And, you can choose from the options how large database and what leagues you are using in your game... For instance, you could just choose all leagues in your own country, and try to be the best manager there.

And, thanks to all modders we do have those lower leagues!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb rristola:

And that physio example. I do understand, that the board wants to have some limits, but still... there is on the staff page, that they wouldn't mind head physio + one regular physio. And I have the money! And, the board doesn't want to listen my reasons AT ALL!

1. Because the game isn't designed to replicate such low levels.

2. Having money on date X doesn't mean that you can spend all of it like you want. 
3. You are actually just employed by the board. Why should they listen to you all the time?:brock:

BTW, how easy is it to get someone to work voluntarily?

Ask all the students which need to have "experience" before they get a paid job. In Switzerland there are a lot of young physios who work volunteer for their local football club.

That thing with lower leagues. I didn't mean that there should be all the lower leagues to the lowest one. England is OK now. I meant that more countries could have at least premium + 2-3 lower leagues. The rest could be left for the modders.

Every additional league costs SI money due they need to purchase a license. I'm pretty sure they analyze which leagues are popular and if it's profitable they might consider it, but most people still play only a top-club and won't care about your 5. Division local team.

And, you can choose from the options how large database and what leagues you are using in your game... For instance, you could just choose all leagues in your own country, and try to be the best manager there.

You already can do that.

And, thanks to all modders we do have those lower leagues!

+1

Daveincid, as you wrote:      "1. Because the game isn't designed to replicate such low levels. "

This is pretty much why I started this discussion. Because mods are allowed and there are lower leagues mods, so let's hope that there would be as few difficulties to use them as possible.   And, hey, I'm doing alright! I still got one physio...

Lower leagues. I do agree, that many players just want to be THE MANAGER in one of the biggest teams, and win the Champ. League, or something like that. But, just a guess, there are also players that want to start from the 'bottom'. That can be done using mods. So, what if the word MOD is something 'never heard' for those players?

Are mods even possible in every platform FM can be played? But, that problem is for SI to solve.

Working voluntarily. I tried to ask, whether it is 'easy' or 'common' to get someone to work in your team voluntarily in Football Manager 2021. Do you know?

So, what if the word MOD is something 'never heard' for those players?

Theese players who really want to play lower leagues will google it and end up here or on other fansites:brock: 

Are mods even possible in every platform FM can be played? But, that problem is for SI to solve.

If they consider it as a "problem".

Working voluntarily. I tried to ask, whether it is 'easy' or 'common' to get someone to work in your team voluntarily in Football Manager 2021. Do you know?

There isn't a simple answer to that. It depends in which Nation you are managing. As far as I remember there are a lot of staff-members earning 0£, especially in very small Nations. This isn't really volunteer because the players usually do not earn any money aswell. 

Daveincid, they would consider it as an issue to be solved (or a "problem"), if it might bring them more buying customers. Or, it might not. So, they have to find out.

Did you know, that even now there is a discussion (raised by DEVs?) called "Which of these leagues if added to the next version of FM, would make you more likely to make a purchase?" in 'Feature Requests' page?

I would recommend adding more lower leagues. And I have done that.

Thanks for your advice.

vor 1 Minute schrieb rristola:

Daveincid, they would consider it as an issue to be solved (or a "problem"), if it might bring them more buying customers. Or, it might not. So, they have to find out.

The "problem" is that I don't think you can implement such data-intensive things like an editor for platforms like android/xbox etc. That's why I wrote it. I think it's less of a "problem" for SI because it's just not possible. So I think there isn't something "to solve".

vor 6 Minuten schrieb rristola:

Did you know, that even now there is a discussion (raised by DEVs?) called "Which of these leagues if added to the next version of FM, would make you more likely to make a purchase?" in 'Feature Requests' page?

Of course I know! I wish there would be more Nations in FM by default too, but it's a different story if they want to add the first two divisions in a relative big Nation like Paraguay, Egypt or whatever than Level 6 or 7 in Spain. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb rristola:

I would recommend adding more lower leagues. And I have done that.

:thup: