Adding Competitions (Leagues/Cups) After Switching to Advanced Editor

VolBadger

My question is basically the title:

Can I add competitions (preferably leagues) after switching to the advanced editor?

I have 7 levels and wanted to add 3 more...I made them as I normally would in the database then added them to the "Nation," "Required Teams," and "Competitions" tabs in the advanced rules of the nation I have selected.

They do not appear in the drop down for "Show Rules for ..." so I cannot edit them.

I'm assuming 1 of 2 things here:

1. I cannot add leagues once I switch to Advanced Rules...which would stink, but I get it.

2. There is some magic button or box somewhere I need to tick and just missed it haha

Screenshot (326).png

Screenshot (327).png

Screenshot (328).png

You can add them. If you go to List, you will see that there is an Add button.

However, realise that adding competition via the advanced rules is a lot harder (mainly due to soooooooo much more options).

43 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

However, realise that adding competition via the advanced rules is a lot harder (mainly due to soooooooo much more options).

I second this. Because of lack of options in basic editor, it's safer to add in basic rules things like divisions and basic promotions/relegations, u21/foreigner rule and then convert to advanced rules and do everything else.

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Thanks for the help, I knew it was probably something simple like that.

I will mess with it to see how much I would have to add and check manually to see if it's worth it...don't mind doing a bit of extra work for practice if it's not super time consuming.

4 hours ago, Bigpole said:

I second this. Because of lack of options in basic editor, it's safer to add in basic rules things like divisions and basic promotions/relegations, u21/foreigner rule and then convert to advanced rules and do everything else.

I also lose changes in the advanced rules if I chose to revert back to basic now, right?

Will likely save what I have as a 7 division option then make a 10 division from "scratch" if that's the case.

Thank you both for the help and input!