*Suggestion* When singing a player be able to speak to the player directly as well as the agent

Terrance The T-Rex

When attempting to sign a player and they demand a wage of 275k and you are only able to pay 245k sometimes I will have an agent just end the contract discussions'. I propose that players are able to speak directly with the player to attempt to convince them to lower their wage demands in order to sign, in doing so you could also make a promise to the player that if they lower their wage they will give them X amount of playing time or they will challenge for X trophy and if they do/do not win that trophy they can either have their wages increased or be transfer listed the following season 

• SI Staff

Which player do you want to be able to speak to the prospective signing? Do you mean you, as the manager, should be able to make these promises because you'd use clauses in the contract for that.  The playing time and trophy clauses are in the contract discussions. Also in game, and in real life, some players will simply not settle at all for anything less than a certain base amount.

I meant that as a manager I would like to be able to talk to the player when they either say "I do not believe your club matches my ambitions" or during the contract discussion with the agent when the agent is demanding a higher wage that I am willing to pay, so that I could attempt to personally convince the player to take a lower wage or drop to a specific league in the same way you can try and convince a player to move to a club when you receive an offer or when you lower their playing time, as like I said the transfer of Paul Mullin to wrexham was only possible due to personal talks between the player and manager/owners convincing him to go to a lower division which in football manager would be impossible 

and I also meant that if a player says "I do not believe your club matches my ambitions" so during the personal talks the player could say something such as "Sorry I wish to play in X league and would not like to go into a lower league", then as a manager I could respond with something along the lines off "I understand however I am proposing that if  you join the club we will qualify for X league in X amount of time and if X promises are not in the contract you dont have to sign, we will also pay you X amount of money to show our commitment and ambitions"  this could then lead the player open to the idea of contract discussions and then it is up to whether I can meet their contract demands or fulfil the promises in the contract that I made in the discussion

Edited by Terrance The T-Rex