Ideas for FM23

Vask

Hello,

I'm aware I might be getting ahead of myself here a bit, but the FM23 project is probably getting going some time soon and I wanted to share some ideas for future Football Manager editions. Having played many hours over various iterations I just feel these parts ... lack occurrence or could be implemented.

1. Random events why players could not be available. It happens maybe once or twice a season when players have private matters that mean they may not want to participate in games, whether it be child birth or the passing of a close relative e.g.. These sorts of things could be implemented similarly to a normal injury but with a choice to follow. It could then also have a side effect on dynamics - let them go and match sharpness goes down but personal relationship and/or morale goes up. The same would happen the other way around.

2. Similar to the previous point a bit more background when it comes to the club. Clubs these days often own multiple houses/flats or fleets of cars and just having a small option for these to be for example included in contracts for new arrivals, as happens more and more often these days. This could be done by having an option in the contractual promises and play a role in how well the player adapts to his or her new club. Especially when bringing in players from abroad in these mid tear clubs these sorts of aspects play big roles as it lessens "to do" things when moving.

2.2 In addition to this a lot of big clubs have people that are hired for this job, to help new players settle and adapt. Whether it be finding new homes, cooking for them, showing them where they can go shopping or kids can go to school. Anything that helps players focus better of playing football. This may be a bit harder to implement but it would open the door to a lot of possibilities down the line for extras that staff members could be hired for, e.g. nutritionists, personal trainers for extra sessions, sparring partners. This could let us manage a little more in the background of the club as well.

3. (Registration) Rule changes - At the moment we get changes, but they only ever change the date of the season, transfer window, etc.. In real life these rules change slightly every eight to ten years between the big seven leagues in Europe and you could for example let the manager vote on new propositions and his choice be taken in ~80% of the time. This would change things up slightly when playing longer saves but not completely destroy any project one in looking to build.

4. Club conditions. When negotiating contracts certain clubs don't accept certain demands in principle. Letting us do these sorts of things like exculding yearly wage rise before negotiations begin would be pleasant. 

I understand these are somewhat niche points but I think they are somewhat small, would improve realism. I'd be open for discussion on these points or even further ideas for future games. Thanks for taking the time.

Conor

Edited by Vask
Spellcheck

• SI Staff

1. This is something that would be rare in game, may need extensive work for something that rarely shows up in game.

2.  A similar situation occurred with Paul Gascoigne choosing spurs as they opted to buy his parents a house. This is no longer something that can be done in real life and so it's not something that would be brought to the game unless rules change. As for the new staff roles, this is something which perhaps strays from the manager role and becomes more "director mode" based

3. Registration rule changes are already in the game however it is likely that the new propositions could break immersion as they aren't around in real life

4. As this is not something that tends to happen in real life it hasn't been added to the game, if we see that it does it could be something we look to add?

Like with all features raised to us though, they could end up rejected, or with extensive development make it into a future release in FM. Your requests have all been documented and are now part of our internal database to be reviewed.